Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Jeff's 2015 Fiesta ST build thread

OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #322
Update...

I got myself a couple of birthday presents:

1, some fancy "hybrid" wax, why not...
2, a Puma uprated pulley...

This wax is pretty decent, the car looks great!

I left detailed info and a video on my pulley review thread, but a quick recap is that it's a fun upgrade for cheap and brings minimal but satisfying results. I'm considering putting my two new Pumaspeed gel badges, which they threw in the box for free, how kind of them, on my lower sills on either side, as shown in the last picture...not sure, the black/grey/red matches my car quite well. I might cut off the website part though. We'll see.

I've had the car over 3 years now, I am still loving every day every drive!!!!!!!!!

Pics:

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Update...

I got myself a couple of birthday presents:

1, some fancy "hybrid" wax, why not...
2, a Puma uprated pulley...

This wax is pretty decent, the car looks great!

I left detailed info and a video on my pulley review thread, but a quick recap is that it's a fun upgrade for cheap and brings minimal but satisfying results. I'm considering putting my two new Pumaspeed gel badges, which they threw in the box for free, how kind of them, on my lower sills on either side, as shown in the last picture...not sure, the black/grey/red matches my car quite well. I might cut off the website part though. We'll see.

I've had the car over 3 years now, I am still loving every day every drive!!!!!!!!!

Pics:

Jeff my car needs a wash wax and vacuum also! Ill be down as soon as I can! maybe next summer....Until then ill let the car accumulate some dirt! [party]

It is true that CarGuys is the exact same brand as ChemicalGuys just different Package labels and higher price? (Looks really nice the car)

OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #325
Jeff my car needs a wash wax and vacuum also! Ill be down as soon as I can! maybe next summer....Until then ill let the car accumulate some dirt! [party]
Bring that blue beauty down here brother, I'll wash it up real good and feed you beer and pizza!!!!!!!!!!!

It is true that CarGuys is the exact same brand as ChemicalGuys just different Package labels and higher price? (Looks really nice the car)
I am not sure, I didn't do much research, I just was in the spending mood and it looked good/got good reviews so I clicked to buy. Not my typical approach but what the heck. And thanks for the compliment, I think it looks pretty snazzy!!!

Speaking of snazzy, after thinking about this for about a year I added these 2 Pumaspeed badges to my car as such. I trimmed the website off, thought it looked tacky with it on there, and then re-rounded the bottom edges. And...........I really like this! Subtle but nice, it matches the black/grey/red color scheme nicely!!!!!!!!!

+ .00832 HP!!!!

[wrenchin]

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
Every time another wheel looks good to me you post another pic of your car and I go yep I'm getting grids lol. Although my fist is white I think the hyper blacks will look nice.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
If by sump plug you mean magnetic drain plug I'm down for a free or cheap one. Been planning on getting one it just keeps slipping my mind.

I got one for Christmas! Me telling the wife about your thread. She remembered and picked me up one.

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Bring that blue beauty down here brother, I'll wash it up real good and feed you beer and pizza!!!!!!!!!!!

I am not sure, I didn't do much research, I just was in the spending mood and it looked good/got good reviews so I clicked to buy. Not my typical approach but what the heck. And thanks for the compliment, I think it looks pretty snazzy!!!

Speaking of snazzy, after thinking about this for about a year I added these 2 Pumaspeed badges to my car as such. I trimmed the website off, thought it looked tacky with it on there, and then re-rounded the bottom edges. And...........I really like this! Subtle but nice, it matches the black/grey/red color scheme nicely!!!!!!!!!

+ .00832 HP!!!!

[wrenchin]

I dig this. Its nice, subtle, and clean.

OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #329
Every time another wheel looks good to me you post another pic of your car and I go yep I'm getting grids lol. Although my fist is white I think the hyper blacks will look nice.

Thanks man, I looked at wheels for a long time and kept coming back to the Grids. They aren't the lightest wheel around but they look so good.

I got one for Christmas! Me telling the wife about your thread. She remembered and picked me up one.

Good to hear...sorry I never got back to you, I gave it to a local friend the next day so it was no longer available.

I dig this. Its nice, subtle, and clean.
Thanks for the good word.

Today I installed a Whoosh charge pipe kit. It was my birthday kit to myself and I had a lot of fun installing. This was one of those mods I didn't think would add much power if any but it was cheap and I have a dyno session coming up in a few weeks so I thought let's add a few parts (this and the pulley a week ago) and see what happens.

For more info check out my install/review thread which I just posted a few minutes ago.

While I was in there I touched up my FMIC...2 years of driving has dinged it a bit!!!!

Hi Jeff, man after my own heart. Upgrade itis with stuff that works ! Nice looking car. Got my 018 in Sept. after a 5 month order. Just broken in. Running Stage 1 COBB tune. Will be doing all Pierce braces, have all Cp-e intake and 3 inch catless down pipe. with 3 inch exhaust. VT330R TC in hand. Planning a big one time install at Cp-e shop in SC.. I have a question about max size on tires on 17X8" rims. Proxes 245/35/17 R1-R 's fit rims. Thoughts ? Rolling fenders and 1 inch spacers should do it on stock suspension ? Thanks for any input. Last car was an 04 SVT Focus from SoCarolina. Ford Explorer did it in. Have a 1998.5 SVT Contour fully done with a SCharger. In storage. Stan

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Planning a big one time install at CP-E shop in SC.
They are also one of the very few shops (Mitch there in particular) in our whole mid-Atlantic area that I would ever trust to do a limited slip installation on our cars, IF you were thinking of that as well. ;)

Are you staying over an waiting for it to be done?

OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #332
Hi Jeff, man after my own heart. Upgrade itis with stuff that works ! Nice looking car. Got my 018 in Sept. after a 5 month order. Just broken in. Running Stage 1 COBB tune. Will be doing all Pierce braces, have all Cp-e intake and 3 inch catless down pipe. with 3 inch exhaust. VT330R TC in hand. Planning a big one time install at Cp-e shop in SC.. I have a question about max size on tires on 17X8" rims. Proxes 245/35/17 R1-R 's fit rims. Thoughts ? Rolling fenders and 1 inch spacers should do it on stock suspension ? Thanks for any input. Last car was an 04 SVT Focus from SoCarolina. Ford Explorer did it in. Have a 1998.5 SVT Contour fully done with a SCharger. In storage. Stan
Thank you. Sounds like a great set of mods. Honestly I don't know much about the suspension questions you're asking, but if those tires do fit you'll have plenty of traction for sure.

Sell me that Contour or at least drive it!!! I had a 98 with 5 spd V6, not the SVT but it was a fine little car, very well executed, just wouldn't stop breaking, so I sold it.

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
I worked at a ford dealership about 15 years ago. A svt contour came in for repair and I was blown away. They were badass lil cars. 6spd with a 2.5 v6 iirc. Very very unsuspecting cars. Much faster than they looked. I looked around for one shortly after and could not find one for sale in my area. It will be a classic one day.

OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #335
Dyno'd the other day, made a bit more power this time maybe because of my recent minor upgrades.

277.2whp/322.1wtq on 93
304.1whp/337.3wtq on race gas concentrate tune

Just got a cleaned-up graph to post:

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
Just curious - what did you mean by 'you can see how close the 93 tune and RG tune are - shows you how good of a tuner Tune+ is' ?

Are you stating that Tune+ couldn't get any more performance out of the Race Gas than the 93 octane?

Dyno looks great - this power level is perfect for this car.

Have you considered adding an LSD to the mix? It's about the only serious mod I'm still considering.

OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #337
Just curious - what did you mean by 'you can see how close the 93 tune and RG tune are - shows you how good of a tuner Tune+ is' ?

Are you stating that Tune+ couldn't get any more performance out of the Race Gas than the 93 octane?

Dyno looks great - this power level is perfect for this car.

Have you considered adding an LSD to the mix? It's about the only serious mod I'm still considering.
Ha ha no I was not being sarcastic, I meant that the curves of the two different tunes follow each other so closely even though the race gas tune has a good bit more power. It just shows consistency in tuning. I too have considered LSD but since I don’t track the car, the gains do not justify the cost for my needs.

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
Ha ha no I was not being sarcastic, I meant that the curves of the two different tunes follow each other so closely even though the race gas tune has a good bit more power. It just shows consistency in tuning. I too have considered LSD but since I don’t track the car, the gains do not justify the cost for my needs.
Ah! Makes sense.

Any thoughts of moving on from this platform? Any new designs caught your eye? I’m still in love with my car...

OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #339
Ah! Makes sense.

Any thoughts of moving on from this platform? Any new designs caught your eye? I’m still in love with my car...
I’m pretty resolved to keep this car forever. I made a mistake years ago and sold my 1991 SE-R. The FiST is the reincarnation of that car in my opinion. So I’ve got it where I want it in terms of mods and I plan to keep it forever. Well until I’m dead that is.

I really don’t see anything new I want, the FiST checks all the boxes.

In a year or so I’ll be selling my beater Civic to my son when he gets his license, at that time I’ll get another project car. Looking at 99-2000 Prelude or Civic Si in good shape, both can be found unmolested for $4-$5k.

What about you?

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
I’m pretty resolved to keep this car forever. I made a mistake years ago and sold my 1991 SE-R. The FiST is the reincarnation of that car in my opinion. So I’ve got it where I want it in terms of mods and I plan to keep it forever. Well until I’m dead that is.

I really don’t see anything new I want, the FiST checks all the boxes.

In a year or so I’ll be selling my beater Civic to my son when he gets his license, at that time I’ll get another project car. Looking at 99-2000 Prelude or Civic Si in good shape, both can be found unmolested for $4-$5k.

What about you?
I had a '99 Civic SiR with a B16A2 which I dreamed about adding forced induction too - until someone turned left in front of me and thus the car was totaled. Right around the time the FiST was coming out so it was truly a blessing in disguise as this engine has the same displacement (albeit doesn't rev to the moon like the Honda did) but having a turbo is soooo much fun. I buy items for life - vehicles, shoes, kitchenware etc - as I always evaluate my current and future needs when making decisions that involve decent sums of money. The FiST was no different as I love my dog and she loves the hatchback - so much more practical than the Civic coupe or one of the Twins (which I had considered briefly when shopping around).

The FiST checks all the boxes - fun, reliable, 6 speed manual, turbo, looks good (IMO), is functional (hatchback) and most importantly for me at the moment - it's cheap!! Parts are cheap, mods are cheap, if you drive it right - gas is cheap. I've got a Sprinter van which has a tow capacity of 5000lbs and with a little car dolly and the FiST I'm just creeping up on 4000lbs (important for going over mountains to not approach the actual vehicle tow limit - I'm happy with 80% of rated capacity) and so I can't wait to take it around to the fun roads I would never get to experience otherwise (as I can't camp out of my car for multiple days due to back issues).

I'll spend my money on slowly updating my aero work (thinking about some scoops on the skid plate to divert air up in to the engine bay and then vents on the hood to extract the heat and lower the air pressure under the front wheels...) and the fact the new FiST is standard with a Quaife LSD has me thinking it would be a nice modification moving forward - with the hybrid turbo power isn't a problem and so now I just need to maximize traction.

TL:DR - love the car, won't sell it anytime soon (probably use it as my casket!).