Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Let Ford know how you feel!

Jim1953

I would like to know if I am the only ST owner that feels a need to let Ford Motor Company know how disappointed I am with their New Direction.
We have gone from Focus and Festia ST’s and the Focus RS to a Ford Escape ST! I don’t think I am alone in hoping I never see a Escape ST at a local Autocross.
Amazingly in the new series sponsored by IMSA and SCCA for Street Tuner / Sport we are now offered a Mustang or nothing.
While Honda, Hyundai, Audi, BMW, Mini Cooper, Porsche, Lotus, Alfa Romeo and yes Mclaren are increasing their presence in the sports sedan racing arena!

CarGuy

1000 Post Club
Escape ST? I never heard of that before. I know of Edge ST and they just announced an Explorer ST but never heard of the Escape ST. That being said I'm hugely disappointed in Ford's new direction.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
Mazda is follwing suit. They wont build enthusiast cars for the forseeable future.

Problem is a lot of so-called enthusiasts wont pony-up the cash to buy enthusiast cars when theyre available because of compromises. Theyre also the first to bitch when nothing fun is being sold.

As i see it, most Americans are fat, lazy label whores. Grab a FiST throw an auto trans in it and top it off with a Mercedes badge and see how well they sell.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

I’m upset when they don’t give the USA the RS for years and then sell it here and complain that they didn’t sell enough. The people they aim at to buy their enthusiast cars can’t afford a $40,000 hatchback. I love my FiST though and will be holding on to it for awhile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
The problem is the CEO of Ford is from the furniture industry. I work in the furniture capital of the world. I can tell you the furniture industry today is all about trends. We live in the country were people don't care about financial responsibility, so they have no problem spending lots of money they don't really have to buy a $40,000 plus SUV.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
I’m upset when they don’t give the USA the RS for years and then sell it here and complain that they didn’t sell enough. The people they aim at to buy their enthusiast cars can’t afford a $40,000 hatchback. I love my FiST though and will be holding on to it for awhile.

That car was massively overpriced. The biggest problem at first though was dealer markup.

Jerickson88

This is so true. Many people in European countries can buy a car like the RS and justify the expense as a family car and daily driver because of fuel economy, whereas here the market is vastly different and to be quite frank we have a lot more real estate here to make sales, so they Jack the price up to get as much as they can per unit (I’m just speculating)

I’ll be keeping my FiST for a while too. Until we as a family out grow it. Then I’m sure I’ll eat into a Legacy or a Subie offering even though the power train is antiquated at this point.

Plainrt

1000 Post Club
F hack and ford. They should learn how to build a car people want..... not try and force them into overpriced shit people don’t want.

Ford was(is) building cars that are in the mix with the class leaders. They’re just not selling them here because profit margins.

Jack up the margins by selling fancy tall minivans, watch the dividends and stock valuation grow.

I’m convinced if there was a move to harmonize emissions and crash standards with the EU, we’d already be in a mad rush for the MkVII FiST, ooooor I’d be polishing my Focus ST Estate already. If Ford(and everybody else) didn’t have to re-engineer narrow margin vehicles if they want to sell them here, the margins wouldn’t be so damn narrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Glue and macaroni

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
they just built the most powerful car they've ever built...I think they are doing ok in the performance market
Big whoopee deal the horsepower race is easy. Dodge will always be in the lead when it comes to horsepower.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
F hack and ford. They should learn how to build a car people want..... not try and force them into overpriced shit people don’t want.
I'm with you. I am looking at a truck in the next 5 years. It would be really beneficial to have not as a primary vehicle though. I was messing around and building a Ford ranger, and you can't even put any options on it unless you buy the safety package with all the crazy overpriced safety nannies. Screw that bulshit.

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
Ford was(is) building cars that are in the mix with the class leaders. They’re just not selling them here because profit margins.

Jack up the margins by selling fancy tall minivans, watch the dividends and stock valuation grow.

I’m convinced if there was a move to harmonize emissions and crash standards with the EU, we’d already be in a mad rush for the MkVII FiST, ooooor I’d be polishing my Focus ST Estate already. If Ford(and everybody else) didn’t have to re-engineer narrow margin vehicles if they want to sell them here, the margins wouldn’t be so damn narrow.

This.

A Fiesta is a family car in Europe. Only in the USofA do you need a 4x4 diesel truck to show the neighborhood youre not poor.
Americans are fvcking themselves.

I get sh1t from the guys at work because i drive a Fiesta. They cant believe a 225lb refinery grunt drives a little economy car instead of a big manly truck. LOL.

This.

A Fiesta is a family car in Europe. Only in the USofA do you need a 4x4 diesel truck to show the neighborhood youre not poor.
Americans are fvcking themselves.

I get sh1t from the guys at work because i drive a Fiesta. They cant believe a 225lb refinery grunt drives a little economy car instead of a big manly truck. LOL.

As a 260lb refinery grunt, amen.

There used to be some fun taken at my expense, but I was a little guy like you when I had my S10... heh!

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I would like to know if I am the only ST owner that feels a need to let Ford Motor Company know how disappointed I am with their New Direction.
We have gone from Focus and Festia ST’s and the Focus RS to a Ford Escape ST! I don’t think I am alone in hoping I never see a Escape ST at a local Autocross.
Amazingly in the new series sponsored by IMSA and SCCA for Street Tuner / Sport we are now offered a Mustang or nothing.
While Honda, Hyundai, Audi, BMW, Mini Cooper, Porsche, Lotus, Alfa Romeo and yes Mclaren are increasing their presence in the sports sedan racing arena!

I feel like this...

And this...

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
Ford made the same decision that GM has made, they offered nice cars from about $13K to over $60K that people do not want, so they will discontinue them here. Not that they cannot be brought back if things change. We are overloaded with cars that offer performance that was a dream in the 60's and early 70's. Our FiST and grannies Camry will according to road tests out run a Shelby GT 500 from the day. And out stop and out handle it for $22K for the FiST. But people here don't want cars. We are programmed bigger is always better........big fine car.......big fine house........biggie size food.......and not a single major update to a model does not include "bigger" in the ad copy. A running joke with a friend is the RAV 4, she bought the original and replaced it with each new model. And complains all the time she hates them compared to her original. The current RAV 4 is huge....and the reason she hates it! Like manual transmissions American buyers have spoken, they don't want cars or to shift. Making cars to compete with the foreign companies is impossible when the US and States give them tax free status that Ford and GM cannot get. VW in TN is a prime example, TN gave what is up to 1 billion in aid so far to build a VW plant that has violated emission laws and in the 4 years since the Union vote have been in Fed courts for violating Labor laws. What's new for VW, they also ignored all the contractual agreements for not hiring contractors or importing German workers.......bad cars, bad company. And we pay them to screw us! All these tax breaks for Foreign car companies need to be outlawed unless we give them to US companies also. The point is it is not profitable for US car companies to build cars in the USA at a competitive price.
Even our FiST's were highly discounted to sell what few they did. Mustang GT's and Fusion Sports can be had deep discounts. A Ford performance car is cheap and the Mustang is the best selling Sports Car in the world and not discontinued. We will be buying my wife a new car this year. Her Stealth R/T will get fully restored and be a garage queen. Her knees will not handle a heavy clutch much any longer. FiST is fine, Mustang clutch is way too heavy for stop and go traffic and she is a clutch destroyer with our hills/Mtns here.

Foreign car companies in the US are anti-union like VW and Nissan. But people need to keep buying Nissan's.....the workers are dying for you to buy non-union cars.

" This is the fourth fatal incident at the Smyrna (TN) Nissan Vehicle Assembly Plant in the past five years. In 2013, Nissan maintenance technician Michael Hooper, 43, was involved in a fatal accident in the body assembly area. Later in 2013, a supplier was killed when a large electrical panel fell while it was being moved. In 2012, a contract driver, Martin O’Connell, was killed when he became trapped between his truck and a set of parked trailers."

Why? No Union to enforce safe workplaces or mandated safety staff, one died at the BMW plant in SC recently. Got "trapped" in a paint booth? Really, no escape door? Sounds like a gas chamber to me, the showers at Auschwitz did not have emergency exits either. Want to bet like the VW plant it is all German machinery? The fine for a dead employee in SC was $29,000. People come cheap to foreign companies it seems and it keeps the car prices down not having to worry about the pesky cost of worker safety. The fine is less than the salary for a safety person, think they will hire one or like Nissan just pay the cheap fines again and again?

Many reasons for both Ford and GM to walk away from the car market...no money to be made is the bottom line. After all they DO pay for safety and other Union benefits like a living wage and health insurance for the family. So buy from American companies, they support their employees, not bury them.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
You see I see things much different than you. I live in the Southeast and the only auto manufacturers to provide jobs in the Southeast are from overseas. They pay significantly better then the other jobs available and I do mean significantly better.They have full benefit packages. The Fiesta is made in Mexico. BMW SUV's are made in South Carolina and it has made a huge difference in that state. if I remember right VW was perfectly okay with the Union but people's local Representatives told them no unions are bad don't vote for it. I know Nissan didn't want a Union. The fact is where I live if you can get a $20 an hour full time job with benefits you're doing pretty damn well. I'm not going to buy a car from a manufacturer that doesn't sell what I want that's stupid.

I use to be a pro-union guy. Then I saw how UPS, and Thomasville bus treats his workers both unions both crappy working conditions. They are both local to me and they work you to death, the pay is not that great. I'm not anti-union I just believe that how some of them work is just beyond stupid. If Bob comes in and does a better job from day one then Billy has for 20 years well Bob is the better worker. Bob wants to take on some extra task at work but he's not allowed to because of the Union contract he's only allowed to do certain task.

I think somebody is just having a bad day and wants to ramble on how German companies are evil and apparently want to gas their employees to death that is some dumb shit to say.

The number one person responsible for your safety at work is yourself. I work in the sanitation industry it's the fourth most dangerous industry in America when it comes to injuries and death. We had a guy get crushed because he was on the back of the truck while it was backing up dumb on his part. Dumb on the driver as well. How did we fix this problem simple if you ever get caught on the back of the truck while it is backing up you are fired. The guy on the back and the driver.

I had a co-worker who made $30 an hour as a forklift driver for a cigarette company they make Newports, no Union they simply just paid very well and treated their employees great. Unfortunately they have been bought out multiple times and well you guessed it layoffs.

I apologize for my rambling on. I just get tired of people bashing companies that have actually improved the life of people in a particular region of this country.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club

It was not just "for years" that we could not buy an RS anything from Ford, it was ALWAYS/forever, until this very last Focus RS was offered to U.S.! [:(] [mad]

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
That car was massively overpriced. The biggest problem at first though was dealer markup.

Hyundai is guilty of the same exact thing with the Veloster N, albeit not on as bad a level (selling a ~ $30K list car for ~$34K to $35K 'exotic' LOL, gouge). [:(]