Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Nate's DD Fiesta ST

This is my daily car and I'm going to do my best to keep the warranty, so the mods will be light for now. I find it frustrating that the mods that we can get that don't affect the warranty have to be installed by the dealer. I don't like other people touching my cars.

Anyway, my first "mod" is a boost gauge. I like seeing how the boost reacts, and it helps me when I want to save gas to know if I am in boost or not. It also helps me stay out of boost when it's cold. I will be using the ATP vacuum source block to tie it in so I don't have to cut and replace any hoses. I put the gauge in this morning, but won't get the vacuum block until tomorrow.

I already have the tube ran in to the engine compartment. I use a semi-rigid tube that has a high melting point. I have used it on wastegates and such on my other boosted cars without any issues. I like this gauge because it almost matches the stock gauges. I'm happy with how it came out.

OP
Natedogg
Thread Starter #3
It's a Glow Shift, but they changed the style. I bought this one a couple of years ago for my other turbo build and since I'm parting that out, I kept the gauge for the FiST.

Here's the new one. It still matches pretty well:

http://www.glowshiftdirect.com/Tinted-30psi-boost-vacuum-gauge.aspx

The pod is the composite pod from Glow Shift. I have always had good luck with their stuff.

Thanks for the link. I didn't know about that ATP vacuum block either. Definitely going to do this.

How do you like the pod mount? I was thinking about trying a mustang vent mount pod.

OP
Natedogg
Thread Starter #5
It's not bad. I like where it's placed. The double sided tape kind of sucks, but it will work for now.

OP
Natedogg
Thread Starter #6
Finally got the vacuum adapter from ATP today. Went on in 5 minutes. It's a bit tall and the engine cover doesn't sit all the way on the mount that is right there. Works like a charm though.

FistSt215

That's nice man . Need a boost gauge too . Always felt every boosted car should come with one through factory

OP
Natedogg
Thread Starter #8
That's my feeling too.

I also learned today that I can put a car seat in the middle of the back seat with my 3 year old in it, with my 12 year old and 10 year old on either side and my wife up front without scrunching them. A whole family of 5 in my FiST. Everyone wanted a ride in this beast tonight so I had to oblige. Of course, everyone enjoyed. The extra people are hardly noticeable.

OP
Natedogg
Thread Starter #10
After finally doing some hard driving yesterday, I learned why we need a gas pedal spacer. Since I'm a DIY kind of guy, I made a 1/2" plywood template for spacing the gas pedal today. I will be getting some 1/2" aluminum plate for the final product.

XuperXero

After finally doing some hard driving yesterday, I learned why we need a gas pedal spacer. Since I'm a DIY kind of guy, I made a 1/2" plywood template for spacing the gas pedal today. I will be getting some 1/2" aluminum plate for the final product.

1/2" won't give you enough threads on the studs if you plan on using factory ones. This is why I went 10mm (3/8") so I can use stock nuts and studs.