Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

A Ford Fiesta RS ??? - Rumors, Reports, and Discussion Thread

TheStig

Defiantly would NOT want an AWD setup in the FiRS. Keep it light with a trick LSD and front suspension geometry.
Im talking out of my ass until i find the information im soliciting here, but i believe Ford stated the AWD system on the Focus RS only added 20 pounds. Thats HIGHLY unlikely that a drive shaft, rear diff, axles, etc, only added 20 pounds, but perhaps with weight savings elsewhere it may have only put 20 pounds of heft on total.

If they can follow the same program and only add say 50-100 pounds, id much rather have AWD if it is a possibility.

Also on the rendering i dont like it. It looks way too much like a FiST and FoRS met and had a child. The FiST and FoST do look a bit alike but you never confuse the two. I hope the FiRS has its own unique look and doesnt take regurgitated styling cues from the FoRS.

I love the Focus RS, the way it looks is menacing, but dont make the Fiesta RS look like a carbon, albeit smaller, copy.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I understand the interest in an RS but find I like the regular ST, modified as mine is but would be dang fine with far fewer mods, all the little car I could want it to be. For those wanting to just do a few mods the RS might make more sense but I hope the price gouging does not happen like it looks to be for the Focus RS.

AWD is great for bad weather but I find it a bit boring as to easy to go fast on track and the FWD is far more than fast enough for track or street if you set it up right.

I too prefer the lower weight of FWD. Also the added weight of the 2.0 is just not needed when the 1.6 can easily make more power than the car will ever be able to fully use in all but the most extreme ends of the scale of how fast is fast enough.

I am a bit of a mod junkie so my thoughts on all this are biased towards making my cars into whatever I wish them to be thus really have no need for something like the RS though again it makes sense for others, especially with bad winter weather.

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club

A new report from Motoring.com.au says that widely-rumoured Ford Fiesta RS could arrive in a years? time. No official statement has been made by Ford regarding this but but if the Focus RS is a success, then plans for a cheaper and smaller Fiesta RS could gain momentum. The Australian publication has also rendered how the Fiesta RS could look like. Basic layout of the car remains the same but the RS variant gets new bonnet vents, a more aggressive body kit, a lower ride, bigger wheels and a wider stance.

The report further states that the Fiesta RS is unlikely to get Ford?s 247 hp (184 kW) 2.0-litre four-cylinder turbocharged-petrol engine and instead could be powered by a retuned version of Fiesta ST?s 1.6-litre four-cylinder turbocharged gasoline motor. The current powertrain in the Fiesta ST delivers 215 hp (160 kW) and 320 Nm of torque when the car is equipped with the Mountune kit.

Unlike the 2016 Focus RS, the Fiesta RS may not get an AWD layout, which its potential competitors, the Audi S1 and VW Polo R do. Ford may stick with the FWD system to reduce costs, although the company will take the necessary steps to improve the handling of the vehicle. This would likely be done by equipping it with bigger brakes and a firmer suspension. The engine should come mated to exclusively to a 6-speed manual transmission.

Article Source: Motoring
Yeah, if that is the case, I will probably just keep my current FiST for a few more years (even after the lease ends).

...AWD is great for bad weather but I find it a bit boring as to easy to go fast on track and the FWD is far more than fast enough for track or street if you set it up right...
This.

I really enjoy the tossability of my FiST. After all the chassis bracing I've done, this thing is a hoot! The rear slides just as I'd want it and it certainly sticks. An LSD might be in my future, but for a car like this, pass on the AWD.

Besides, with the FoRS with AWD, what sense would a FiST make with AWD? A FWD FiST would really be to enhance the FiST platform more on the lines of what the heavy tuners on this forum do.

Not sure if I'd buy one or if there needs to even be one, but if there were, no AWD please.

J2FoRS

AWD is great for bad weather.....
Fully agree with your entire post. I love the light weight and find a FWD more fun/challenging but I live in the shit up in Canada and would love me an AWD little go kart to continue my fun in the winter with! AWD FWD RWD I love em all!

I would love a 240hp 1.6 2800lb awd fiesta rs. If you go 2.0 and hardware I'm afraid it will be more like 3/3.1k. You will lose the essence of why the FiST is more fun than the FoST.

lessard.dcj

1000 Post Club
keep it under 3k lb with AWD and 280-300hp with the 2.0L in it and ill buy 2. i understand that some people dont want the awd because (to easy) yadda yadda.. but here in Canada where weather is more winter/spring all year than summer and more gravel roads than paved ones, AWD would be a super blast. talking of course where i live and drive.[driving]

Without 4 regular doors, I'm not interested. I'm all for fast cars but 2 door cars, even more just 2 seater cars, are useless to me.

rooSTer

1000 Post Club
Ford: No Fiesta RS

Don't know how much truth there is to this article but it still sucks.
http://motoringcrunch.com/news/ford-no-fiesta-rs-for-you/10015993/
Sorry to those who are patiently waiting for Ford Fiesta RS, but Ford has made its final decision that they are not going to come out with the RS version of its Fiesta. The news was revealed by Ford Performance’s global chief engineer, Jamal Hameedi. He further told ‘Drive; that it would be tough to construct the series production of Ford Fiesta RS.

Future products need to be regarded with a global market perspective in mind. With Ford Fiesta RS’s limited appeal and purview, it would fall into that line of thinking.

Ford has made a lot of discussion of whether they will gain a lot of customers with Ford Fiesta RS. It would be a hit in Europe, and their die-hard fans would go for it, but Ford wants to focus on projects that they feel will have a more global reach.

Hameedi further reveals that Ford is aiming at producing a performance SUV, giving a hint that a ST variant of the C520 Kuga may be on its way. He is confident that there is a high market for the ST than the RS crossover.

dyn085

2000 Post Club
I don't think they're selling many FiST's to begin with, let alone the thought of an even more expensive version in the US.

Maybe if Ford actually advertised the FIST, they could sell more. Most people I run across have never even heard of a Fiesta ST. And these are car people who I'm talking about. If Ford actually wanted to sell more FISTs, maybe they should work harder to market them.

But only the other hand, a short production run and a cult following will only increase the value of my FIST. I also like not seeing a whole bunch of cars identical to mine.

Pete

I can't remember correctly but didn't ford say the same thing about the Focus RS a year before it was released that it was being made.