Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Stock rims for autocross?

OP
Thread Starter #22
Maybe I will start underground gambling at auto cross. Coming from being a golfer with trophies I'd much rather pay off my hobbies by being good them, rather to have my pride in trophies. Maybe I'll change my thoughts when I see how garbage/great I am at solo. I hope It's as easy as I'm approaching it.

Stock class is a panel air filter, a single sway bar upgrade, cat-back exhaust, wheels and tires within limits. No tuning (APs) allowed. If you can live within that you'll have a good time and be somewhat competitive, I'm told. I'll just be running with a panel air filter, 91 octane gas, and OEM tires and wheels.

When I was looking at the ST, I was thinking about HS class in SCCA. Then I realized that I would probably never actually run an SCCA event because of how few runs per $ it seems you get compared to some of the other local events, so I went with the used ST with the Livernois tune.

I have taken 1st place with my local group for the past 3 years in my GTI and the trophies are hidden away on top of my fridge, but have become friends with a great group of guys (which is much more rewarding!).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
MANY various unaffiliated local groups depending on the area, NASA (National Auto Sport Association), PCA (Porsche Club Of America), BMWCCA (BMW Car Club of America), various Viper, Vette, and other marque clubs, to name a few.

What other groups offer autocross? Just curious
I see you are in Cincinnati, so there are a couple of options.

Miami Valley Sports Car Club does events in Wilmington and the Dayton area. They use NASA classing for their events.

http://www.mvscc.com

The group I typically run with is Buckeye Miata Club and our events are all at Circleville Raceway Park (go kart track). We are in the process of coming up with a custom classing system for all of the non-Miatas.

http://www.buckeyemiataclub.com/autocross.html

United Ford Owners is another group that is going to be running at Circleville in 2017. They are the least formal and just run for fun with no real classes.

http://www.unitedfordowners.com/Events/index_files/Page477.htm

OP
Thread Starter #29
Thanks for these websites I'm going to be able to dabble in all of them. That old kart track sounds sick. Picking up the stock wheels tomorrow do your think 250 is a good deal for 4 st wheels and stock tires? Anybody know any tricks when looking at rim coditions?

Thanks you all have been a great resource!

Thanks for these websites I'm going to be able to dabble in all of them. That old kart track sounds sick. Picking up the stock wheels tomorrow do your think 250 is a good deal for 4 st wheels and stock tires? Anybody know any tricks when looking at rim coditions?

Thanks you all have been a great resource!
Here is a video from the kart track.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OgDd8utMI20&feature=youtu.be

OP
Thread Starter #31
That's what I'm talking about! How many people have ended up in the hedge? Place looks sweet

Stock class is a panel air filter, a single sway bar upgrade, cat-back exhaust, wheels and tires within limits. No tuning (APs) allowed. If you can live within that you'll have a good time and be somewhat competitive, I'm told. I'll just be running with a panel air filter, 91 octane gas, and OEM tires and wheels.
Ayy Kazz my fellow CICENET I am HonCivSi08 on the page.

That is really 'open' for a kart track!! [thumb] [cool]

The ones in this area, IF we could even use them for cars, are much much 'tighter' than that! [:(]
This was at an event sponsored by the local Ford and Porsche groups so not many cones because they don't like technical layouts!

(Warning: I didn't read the entire thread so some stuff might have been discussed already)

OEM wheels are typically heavier because they tend to need to be more durable than LW aftermarket wheels.

First off, what class are you running next season? H Street aka H Stock or a modified class?

There aren't really any good competitive summer tires for the Fiesta in 17" sizes. I think the closest is the Azenis 615 but it's a pretty old design.

Most people who are running in HS (like myself, my wife and some friends) run or are planning to run (me) 16x7"+42/43mm offset wheels with Bridgeston RE71R's in 205/45-16 or 205/50-16 as these are the most competitive tire out there right now.

I think I may try the Federal 595 RS-R this season. They are cheap and from my understanding a great tire. For 215-40-17 size tires they are less than $450 shipped.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I think I may try the Federal 595 RS-R this season. They are cheap and from my understanding a great tire. For 215-40-17 size tires they are less than $450 shipped.
^^^THESE are my second choice for summer only tires (to go onto my 17x8 1.2s), next to the (at least) $300.00 MORE shipped, Direzza 2 Star Specs, and they are second ONLY because they are about a half inch narrower in tread width. ;)

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
There aren't really any good competitive summer tires for the Fiesta in 17" sizes. I think the closest is the Azenis 615 but it's a pretty old design.
Correct, in the H/S legal, 200 tread wear class.

Ironically, in the stickier, NOT legal in H/S 100 tread wear class, there are the Nitto NT-01s, Toyo R888s/888Rs, as well as some Federal <200 tread wear offerings.[:(]