Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

How much did you pay to add a subwoofer???

I just got a quote today from a reputable shop in town to add a sub/amp to my FiST. $1000-$1200!!! yikes! What did everyone else pay???

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
About $180 and a couple hours. I only have an Infinity Basslink, though. Not quite enough power to loudly reproduce the lows of the lows, but it's good enough for me.

I looked into it last summer to get a single 10 added in the hatch. They quoted me around 800 bucks or somewhere in that area. I can do it myself for 1/4 of that. lol

I went with the Kenwood KSC-SW11 compact powered subwoofer and installed it underneath the driver's seat. $300 CAD all-in with parts (the fuse taps were the most expensive extra part). Akin to the comments above about the Basslink, this sub doesn't slam, but it adds to the low-end nicely. And I keep all of the original hatch space as before.

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
What brand/size amp and sub were you quoted for? $1000-$1200 isn't too far fetch if you are getting premium products with a custom build. It cost me around $600 to do everything myself with mid-range products.

Izzy

I installed my 6.5" Pioneer TS-D1602R speakers (Front & Rear) and paid $225 (upgraded wire gauge and quality) for the install of a Alpine MRP-300 4?50w @ 4ohm Amplifier and Rockford 10" 300w Powered Subwoofer.

I had one put in right after I bought my car. Bought a shallow box Rockford fosgate 10". It fits above the rear tire but below the hatch floor. Went to a shop and got it installed and a bass knob and a nice kicker amp. They tapped into the rear speaker wire. In all total for parts and labor was $400. It hits pretty hard. Shakes the mirrors and makes me turn it down from time to time. Anyone who sits in the back seat complains.

What they quoted you sounds about right if they are using premium products. You can do it yourself fairly easy for much less if you take your time and follow a few of the post others have done.

My ultra budget build cost me about $200 (including price of wood for newest enclosure)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk