Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

When did you change your brakes and what did you use?

Hello all I just past 30,000 miles and think I wil change my brake pads and rotors soon. Just wondering when you all changed yours and what pads,rotors, fluid used/changed? Thanks

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I went with Centric front Cryoed slotted rotors normal rear slotted rotors with Carbotech 1521 /bobcat pads from OAKOS. I did mine around 28k....Fronts were 3/4 gone and the rears were about half gone.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Changed brakes on my 2015 at around 25k. I'm hard on my brakes because of where I live, lots of traffic. Replaced with OEM parts again despite short life and brake dust. Got a good price on it and I don't track or anything. $350 for all pads, rotors, and fluid.

OP
Thread Starter #4
Wow that’s the deal i’m looking for did you go through a dealer

I went with Centric front Cryoed slotted rotors normal rear slotted rotors with Carbotech 1521 /bobcat pads from OAKOS. I did mine around 28k....Fronts were 3/4 gone and the rears were about half gone.
How do you like the pads? Dusty, good bite etc?

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
I may pull these off the shelf and give them a shot
hear good things from all the track rats!

Wow that’s the deal i’m looking for did you go through a dealer
It was a dealer special, one of the few times I've ever taken my car to the dealership by choice. The special was $350 for a brake job . Figured there was going to be fine print noting "*except ST, RS, etc." but no: $350 and change.

green_henry

1000 Post Club
I may pull these off the shelf and give them a shot
hear good things from all the track rats!

Yellow Stuff worked great for me on my TSX, which I tracked at Thunderhill where most track days are >=90 degrees ambient. On the down side, they're super dusty, so if you plan to drive them on the street, be prepared for regular cleaning

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Yellow Stuff worked great for me on my TSX, which I tracked at Thunderhill where most track days are >=90 degrees ambient. On the down side, they're super dusty, so if you plan to drive them on the street, be prepared for regular cleaning
worse than OEM? EBC must have tried really hard to top that!
I'll report back on the comparison of bite vs stock and dust
OEM dust is so bad I'm convinced Ford went to Ebony black wheels due to brake dust not improved visual appearance[idea]

green_henry

1000 Post Club
worse than OEM? EBC must have tried really hard to top that!
I'll report back on the comparison of bite vs stock and dust
OEM dust is so bad I'm convinced Ford went to Ebony black wheels due to brake dust not improved visual appearance
Worse than OEM? Yes, I think so, but I have silver OZ's on my TSX, so maybe it was the higher contrast that made it stand out more. The OEM dust on my black wheels is bad too, but at least I find them easier to clean than the OZs.

OP
Thread Starter #12
Slow day at work I Priced out oem pads and rotors on rock auto 275 shipped. Never been on rock auto before i love it! I was expecting much more. Hard to believe mountune is charging $90 for the exact front rotor. Same part number and everything. Should be illegal.

It was a dealer special, one of the few times I've ever taken my car to the dealership by choice. The special was $350 for a brake job . Figured there was going to be fine print noting "*except ST, RS, etc." but no: $350 and change.
Sure beats the $951.00 (Cdn) that they quoted me.

I replaced the pads at 60K km (40Kmiles) with stock high performance original Motorcraft parts from Rock Auto; great price and delivery!

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Slow day at work I Priced out oem pads and rotors on rock auto 275 shipped. Never been on rock auto before i love it! I was expecting much more. Hard to believe mountune is charging $90 for the exact front rotor. Same part number and everything. Should be illegal.
This is where I got my Rotors from also....best prices ....couldn't be beat.My total setup after shipping for everything was $450....did the labor myself at a buddies place.

Zormecteon

I went with mountune RS-R. I didn't notice any stopping difference between original and the replacements except for the reduction in brake dust. I'm about to order another set just to have on hand for when I need them again.

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
I went with mountune RS-R. I didn't notice any stopping difference between original and the replacements except for the reduction in brake dust. I'm about to order another set just to have on hand for when I need them again.
Where did you order them from? Direct from Mountune?

You just get the pads through them? Seems like the consensus is that the rotors are cheaper elsewhere.

Zormecteon

Where did you order them from? Direct from Mountune?

You just get the pads through them? Seems like the consensus is that the rotors are cheaper elsewhere.
Truth be told, I got as a gift, but they were ordered directly from mountune by my brother. I kept them in the "trunk" every when I went in for regular servicings. When they told me, "Your pads need replacing", I said, "Got a new set in trunk". .. .. So they rotors are factory replacement parts. ...... .... ... .. I'm lazy.

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
This is where I got my Rotors from also....best prices ....couldn't be beat.My total setup after shipping for everything was $450....did the labor myself at a buddies place.

I just did a set of Hawk HPS 5.0 front and rear with StopTech slotted front and rear for $425 shipped for a customer in PA
not too shabby