Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Ford to Expand ST Models Even Further

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
The Ranger and Bronco I'm interested in I could see owning one in, 5 or 10 years down the road, but I would never own the Edge or Explorer just not into SUV's like that. I guess ST to Ford is becoming the SRT of Dodge.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Hey, they gotta look after those BIG profit margins to inflate the stock value for all of the shareholders now, don't they? [mad]

Last edited:

Business6

Well as soon as people get their heads out of their asses and actually start buying cars and performance models more companies will follow this. The only thing that matters is what people do with their wallets.

Looking forward to the 500% increase in rollover crashes in the next 5 years.

me32

1000 Post Club
Well as soon as people get their heads out of their asses and actually start buying cars and performance models more companies will follow this. The only thing that matters is what people do with their wallets.

you a right sir. people have to buy the product for them to keep making it.

me32

1000 Post Club
IF I could ever afford a GT350/350R, they'd be VERY 'alive' indeed (IF they still keep the Stangs AT ALL in the future), but since I cannot, and probably never will be able to... [thumbdown]
the GT350/R is a hell of a car and those that can afford them buy them. unfortunately most of us are not able to at this point. I don't see ford getting rid of the mustang. they are selling well and spending a lot of time and money making different models that keep the buyers buying.

Truth in Ruin

1000 Post Club

LMAO [rofl]

OP
TomCat
Thread Starter #13
Hypothetical --------
If Ford were to import JUST the new ST (no other Fiestas), how would they have to price it to make it worth their while? An extra 5k?
And would you pay that?
Let's face it, a big part of our love for the car is Bang for the Buck.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Hypothetical --------
If Ford were to import JUST the new ST (no other Fiestas), how would they have to price it to make it worth their while? An extra 5k?
And would you pay that?
Let's face it, a big part of our love for the car is Bang for the Buck.
A large majority of cars are imported really has no effect on the cost. It comes down to they want to sell SUVs, Crossovers and trucks because they have a higher markup on them. I mean they were offering $6,000 incentives on the focus. I got 4500 off my Fiesta ST they can't make money on cheap cars like that.

OP
TomCat
Thread Starter #15
A large majority of cars are imported really has no effect on the cost. It comes down to they want to sell SUVs, Crossovers and trucks because they have a higher markup on them. I mean they were offering $6,000 incentives on the focus. I got 4500 off my Fiesta ST they can't make money on cheap cars like that.

The ST would have to conform to US crash standards, which Euros do not. Extra cost.

BRGT350

1000 Post Club
Emissions, lighting, crash testing, and a bunch of other things would be needed for the EU Fiesta to be imported. It was crazy the amount of stuff that was different between the EU and US Fiestas and just about all of it due to regulations. Even the mirrors and wipers from the EU car weren't in accordance with US regulations. With the Focus RS, the platform as already US and EU compliant, so not nearly as many changes to bring the Focus RS here. The new EU Fiesta wasn't intended for US consumption, so bringing it here isn't an option.

I do agree that the ST line is becoming SRT. Ford is heavily targeting Jeep with their Bronco and some other new stuff. I always thought of FCA as the worst of the automakers when it comes to quality. They build some incredible machines, but not quality and reliable machines. I don't know why Ford is getting obsessed with chasing them. I still feel like Ford is trying to be too many different things to too many different people and different markets, all while ignoring many of their current markets. They want to be Waymo with autonomous. They want to be Tesla with electrics. They want to be Jeep with SUV's. They want to be all things truck. They want to be SRT with the ST products. The one thing they don't want to be is a car company.

In the end, ST will become another useless trim package like "sport", XLT, Titanium, or whatever trim name that has been applied over the last 30 years.

OP
TomCat
Thread Starter #17
In the end, ST will become another useless trim package like "sport", XLT, Titanium, or whatever trim name that has been applied over the last 30 years.
Thus making our little crotch rocket all the more unique/desirable down the road.

BRGT350

1000 Post Club
Our cars should do ok over time. Niche, cult cars always find a way to hold some extra value. If the electric autonomous future becomes reality, then fun to drive cars will probably see a surge in demand on the secondary and tertiary markets. This may take awhile to happen, so I wouldn't count on many of us owning our ST's by then. I know mine wouldn't survive that many Michigan winters.