Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Ford to Expand ST Models Even Further

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
The ST would have to conform to US crash standards, which Euros do not. Extra cost.
...not to mention the extra cost to develop the service manuals for them, stock parts for them, and train the 'techs' (IF that is what one wants to call them! LOL) for a very low volume product, which they make little to no profit on [:(]

They would rather add cylinder de-activation, smaller boosted engines, 20 speed slushboxes, etc., etc. to their VERY high profit margin 'TANKS', in order to meet the CAFE standards with little to no penalties. [mad]

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Our cars should do ok over time. Niche, cult cars always find a way to hold some extra value. If the electric autonomous future becomes reality, then fun to drive cars will probably see a surge in demand on the secondary and tertiary markets. This may take awhile to happen, so I wouldn't count on many of us owning our ST's by then. I know mine wouldn't survive that many Michigan winters.
That's IF there is not a TOTAL 'ban' on ALL non-autonomous vehicles even being on the same roads at that point. [mad] [:(]

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
That's IF there is not a TOTAL 'ban' on ALL non-autonomous vehicles even being on the same roads at that point. [mad] [:(]
Y'all got to stop being so negative. If you honestly think there's going to be a ban on non autonomous vehicles in your lifetime your crazy. Someone just got ran over and killed by one. You're acting like it's the 1950s and we are going to be driving space shuttle cars, and robots that cook and clean for you. Chill out this is America cars aren't getting banned in or lifetime.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Emissions, lighting, crash testing, and a bunch of other things would be needed for the EU Fiesta to be imported.
Yep, the cost to federalize the car ain't cheap. And it looks like Ford just doesn't sell enough of them to justify the expense. Too many like their big SUVs and "wouldn't be caught dead in a Fiesta." (I actually had someone tell me that before I bought mine.)

I don't see a problem with Ford expanding the ST line, as long as the vehicles retain the true performance focus (pun?). BMW dumbed down the M brand and caught a lot of flack for it.

An EcoSport ad showed up on my Instagram - it was funny to see how many negative comments there were.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Y'all got to stop being so negative. If you honestly think there's going to be a ban on non autonomous vehicles in your lifetime your crazy. Someone just got ran over and killed by one. You're acting like it's the 1950s and we are going to be driving space shuttle cars, and robots that cook and clean for you. Chill out this is America cars aren't getting banned in or lifetime.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D29yRRoe4gE