Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Powerflex Rear Spring Upper Isolator *new item*

No but after reading them they do interest me :( (Purple Owner)

Powerflex Street (Yellow: 70A or Purple: 80A) - Replacement Performance Suspension Bushings

Powerflex Black Series (Race: 95A) - Ultimate Performance Bushings Offering The Most Precise And Accurate Alignment

OP
koozy

koozy

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #23
I figured their primary job as an isolator is to quell any possible noises, I'd rather have the hardest bushing available without noises; and let the springs and shocks their jobs better.

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I figured their primary job as an isolator is to quell any possible noises, I'd rather have the hardest bushing available without noises; and let the springs and shocks their jobs better.
Yup. Ive been running MRs without isolaters on the rears for at least 15k. Jarred from MR confirmed that you can run them either way. My car has the same exact noises on hard bumps the stock AND koni/eibach setup had so no issues. No new ones anyway ;)

I only did it cuz the stock ones didn't mate to the MR spring AT ALL. I figured if I needed them it would have come with the kit...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

BRGT350

1000 Post Club
awesome, thanks everyone for the feedback. Sounds like I might still want to build an aluminum spacer and use these together in order to raise the rear ride height a little. If I am going to have everything apart, I will just make the changes and see how they work together. Thinking the purple version with a 1/4" aluminum spacer will raise the rear enough that I won't have any issues with rubbing and still can keep the spare tire in the car for the summer.

awesome, thanks everyone for the feedback. Sounds like I might still want to build an aluminum spacer and use these together in order to raise the rear ride height a little. If I am going to have everything apart, I will just make the changes and see how they work together. Thinking the purple version with a 1/4" aluminum spacer will raise the rear enough that I won't have any issues with rubbing and still can keep the spare tire in the car for the summer.
Delrin might be a good choice for a spacer/isolator in this position.

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Why not just adjust the mount until satisfied with height? What am I missing here?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

BRGT350

1000 Post Club
Delrin might be a good choice for a spacer/isolator in this position.
Delrin would be a good option. I have a couple of materials that would be suitable in both compressive strength and cost. I miss the days when I had a tool room and machinists that would knock out parts for me. I could bring a print, dig around for scrap material or buy some from a supplier, buy the machinist lunch and I would have all sorts of custom parts ready for me to install. My Mustang is full of custom made parts that I designed and had fabricated.
[MENTION=4046]LilPartyBox[/MENTION] I don't have an adjustable rear spring perch. If I had adjustable perches in the back, then this would be very easy to adjust the rear ride height. I need to put something between the spring isolator and the frame rail to raise the ride height to gain some extra tire clearance. Using P205/45 17 tires with Mountune springs doesn't leave a lot of suspension travel in the rear before the tire rubs on the fender liner. I have pulled the liner tight using some zip ties and if I remove the spare tire and jack, I gain just enough clearance to not rub on the street. I would prefer to have the spare tire in place and be able to put stuff in the hatch or have a passenger in the car without rubbing.

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
oh i see. maybe call up these guys and see if you can convince them to use ur car as a demo platform. I mean, they support the POS Chrylser Crossfire (WTF!) so why not add the FiST to their portfolio. If you've never heard of Ground Control they make adjustable spring perches for stock springs (or include the spring with a adjustable perch)

https://groundcontrolstore.com/

BRGT350

1000 Post Club
oh i see. maybe call up these guys and see if you can convince them to use ur car as a demo platform. I mean, they support the POS Chrylser Crossfire (WTF!) so why not add the FiST to their portfolio. If you've never heard of Ground Control they make adjustable spring perches for stock springs (or include the spring with a adjustable perch)

https://groundcontrolstore.com/
I have used Ground Control in the past and they make some pretty good stuff. I did spend some time this morning looking at adjustable spring perches and even explored the idea of using the KW adjustable perch. It looks like the stock springs won't seat into their adjustable perch and their rear springs have too high of a rate to be mixed with the factory shocks and front stock struts/Mountune springs. I also don't think KW would sell just the rears anyway. If I still had access to a machine shop, I would just make my own threaded perches. I think the best will be a spacer between the isolator and the frame rail along with a new set of isolators. I might try to find a set of take-off factory isolators to use for measurements so I can get started on trying to find somebody to make me some spacers.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
FYI; Ground Control IS in the process of developing a coil over conversion kit for our platform, and it is what I (and some others on here) am waiting for, to use with Koni Sport dampers INSTEAD OF all of the Sino made, 'all in one' adjustment, coil over kits out there for our cars (that everyone runs to because they want to say they have "coils" on their ride LOL). [wink]

BRGT350; Did you ever look into any of the weight jacker setups sold by all of the 'roundy-'round companies out there (Afco, Coleman, CTS, Joe's, Integra, etc.) to see if they offer something that would allow the Mountune spring bases to seat properly? [dunno]

BRGT350

1000 Post Club
I did look at those, but not in too much detail. Since I know I want between 1/8"-1/4" increase in height and the springs are located pretty much in line with the center of axle, I will just go with a 1/4" spacer and call it good. That is on the upper side of the limit for what I am looking for and I wouldn't mind a little forward rake in the car. CG likes a little rear rake to shift more weight to the rear, but it won't matter on my commute to work and back home again. My Mustang sits a little nose high for that reason and I have decided to lower the nose this spring when I have it on jack stands. I miss the forward rake and I don't think a 1/4" lowering in the front of my Mustang and 1/4" raising on the Fiesta is going to change much overall.

Delrin would be a good option. I have a couple of materials that would be suitable in both compressive strength and cost. I miss the days when I had a tool room and machinists that would knock out parts for me. I could bring a print, dig around for scrap material or buy some from a supplier, buy the machinist lunch and I would have all sorts of custom parts ready for me to install. My Mustang is full of custom made parts that I designed and had fabricated.
[MENTION=4046]LilPartyBox[/MENTION] I don't have an adjustable rear spring perch. If I had adjustable perches in the back, then this would be very easy to adjust the rear ride height. I need to put something between the spring isolator and the frame rail to raise the ride height to gain some extra tire clearance. Using P205/45 17 tires with Mountune springs doesn't leave a lot of suspension travel in the rear before the tire rubs on the fender liner. I have pulled the liner tight using some zip ties and if I remove the spare tire and jack, I gain just enough clearance to not rub on the street. I would prefer to have the spare tire in place and be able to put stuff in the hatch or have a passenger in the car without rubbing.
I can relate. I used to work for a place that was heavily involved in fielding road race cars for several years, then I worked in R&D for a company that produces aftermarket oiling systems. It was nice to be able to leverage the CNC shop to produce my own parts for my personal projects. I also had a FOX body back then with some one offs. Now I only have a small gun lathe and a rusnok mill at home to make due with.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I can relate. I used to work for a place that was heavily involved in fielding road race cars for several years, then I worked in R&D for a company that produces aftermarket oiling systems. It was nice to be able to leverage the CNC shop to produce my own parts for my personal projects. I also had a FOX body back then with some one offs. Now I only have a small gun lathe and a rusnok mill at home to make due with.
Canton/Mecca/Peterson? (I'm not even going to try to guess the race shop-too many in that state. ;) )

BRGT350

1000 Post Club
Thanks Genya!

When I install my summer tires, I am going to measure how far compressed the factory isolator is. It is hard to see with the winter wheels on, but from what I remember last fall, it was pretty compressed.