Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Let's see your shift knobs!

So I ordered a useless cubby filler from France for what i thought was the NA model of our cars. Was super excited that i can finally put something in the useless hole and when it arrived it was only for the European version of the car.

Still figured I would try and shove it In there somehow, and all I had was an OBD port laying around so I crammed it on top of it to make it fit snug. Worked pretty good but falls out under hard acceleration.

I’ll prob end of making some kind of spring loaded tension rods to hold it in place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Haha sounds about right, surely there has to be something we can use that...space for.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
No one has a 3-D printer to create an insert? Either rubber or plastic?

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Thats where I put my garage door opener... It would be cool to find a way to sort of mount it in there though.

I need some professional advice. Which one of these looks better? I have a Ford Carbon Fiber ST knob that will be going on top.

NUMBER 1:

OR

NUMBER 2:
I vote for #2. Question: Can it be turned around so that the knob can face further away, a bit to the right, a bit to the left, and so on? I’d like my knob (uh heh) positioned further forward for my own ergonomics and so I don’t hit my drink.

Fresh off my 3D printer with no post processing except support removal. . I printed it in PLA which really isn't appropriate for the heat in a car. But now I can go buy some PETG or ABS filament and print a good one.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I need some professional advice. Which one of these looks better? I have a Ford Carbon Fiber ST knob that will be going on top.

NUMBER 1:
Which knob is that in this pic?

It looks identical to the ones used on most manual, floor mounted shifter (vs. paddle shifters) sequentials. :)

NUMBER 1:

OR

NUMBER 2:
Where the French toast can I get an angled shifter adapters? Mojo mfg told me hell be out of stock for a while but I reallyyyy want one

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

anticon

Here is what I went with; a Mojo Bent Shifter Extension, and Ford ST Carbon Fiber Shift Knob. I also installed the Mojo Short Shift Adapter at the same time.

I will say that the installation of the extension was kind of annoying, Mojo supplied an entire roll of teflon tape, the instructions were to pretty much wrap that teflon tape around the threaded portion of the shifter stick threads until there was enough friction built up to make it so the extension wouldn't spin anymore. It took me 40+ wraps. The extension ended up at a funny angle if you just threaded it on all the way.

I really like the adjustment in height though, the knob is slightly taller from stock and with the addition of the extension it put the knob right where I want it. It does have a bout a 1/4" of play sided to side now, some shifter bushings would probably help with this. I also kept banging my elbow in the arm rest, so now I just leave that open all the time. It feels way more comfortable now!

Here is what I went with; a Mojo Bent Shifter Extension, and Ford ST Carbon Fiber Shift Knob. I also installed the Mojo Short Shift Adapter at the same time.

I will say that the installation of the extension was kind of annoying, Mojo supplied an entire roll of teflon tape, the instructions were to pretty much wrap that teflon tape around the threaded portion of the shifter stick threads until there was enough friction built up to make it so the extension wouldn't spin anymore. It took me 40+ wraps. The extension ended up at a funny angle if you just threaded it on all the way.

I really like the adjustment in height though, the knob is slightly taller from stock and with the addition of the extension it put the knob right where I want it. It does have a bout a 1/4" of play sided to side now, some shifter bushings would probably help with this. I also kept banging my elbow in the arm rest, so now I just leave that open all the time. It feels way more comfortable now!
I haven't installed the interior bushings, I'm hoping to either this weekend or next, but they make a huge difference. Just the transmission ones took almost all the forward and aft slop in the shifter and a fair amount of the side to side. I'm hoping the last 2 lock the side slop out for good but I'll report back when I get it done.

anticon

I haven't installed the interior bushings, I'm hoping to either this weekend or next, but they make a huge difference. Just the transmission ones took almost all the forward and aft slop in the shifter and a fair amount of the side to side. I'm hoping the last 2 lock the side slop out for good but I'll report back when I get it done.

How hard are they to install?

How hard are they to install?
Honestly, with my fists of ham and fingers of butter it was kind of a pain. The first time I tried it I basically just quit because I just couldn't get at the bolts. The second time I was installing my big mouth had the bumper off and thought fuck it I'll give it a go, and I was able to do it.

I'll say this make sure you have an extendable magnet incase you drop anything, a spanner wrench, and a socket wrench with a swivel socket attachment. It's kind of a pain, but the Boomba guide is super helpful and thurough, and it was 1000% worth the time and effort to do it. My only regret is that I gave up the first time haha. Also when you have the transmission bracket out I used just a tiny dab of super glue to make sure the bushings didn't fall out, so I'd recommend doing that because it makes it way less frustrating

anticon

BTW, a guy on Facebook used a laser cutter to cut something. I figure with some hinges and double sided tape, and maybe a magnetic stop you could make a cover that flips open pretty easily.

How much are those shifter extensions and where can I get one? I'd like to try one out because I feel like my shifter is just slightly further away from where I want it to be. (same with the damn touch screen infotainment too, but you can't extend that... :\ )

anticon

How much are those shifter extensions and where can I get one? I'd like to try one out because I feel like my shifter is just slightly further away from where I want it to be. (same with the damn touch screen infotainment too, but you can't extend that... :\ )
I got mine from Mojo Manufacturing. You can buy straight from his website, or I got mine from his ebay store, the username is mojomfg. It looks like he is sold out now though. I paid $32.50 for mine including shipping.

I got mine from Mojo Manufacturing. You can buy straight from his website, or I got mine from his ebay store, the username is mojomfg. It looks like he is sold out now though. I paid $32.50 for mine including shipping.
Thanks!!

Ford Community Posts