Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Who loves meaty tires? I love meaty tires [giggle]

I have never been a fan of "rubber" band tires. In the ideal world, I would have ran 15X7 RPF-1's on 205/55's...

but the Sparco's will have to do for now :) I have grown to like them more and more. Made by OZ, light weight, you can't go wrong for the price!

If you have some meaty tires love, throw them up here [raceflag]

They remind me the Nascar tyres...I love them..they give to a lower car a strong look

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Konig dekas 16x8
Firestone Indy's 205/50r16
Stock suspension
Much happiness

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Mind getting a side shot along the car to see the fitment/stretch(if there is any)? I have 8" wide wheels as well and am curious on the 205 Firehawks fitment on such a wheel.

HBEcoBeaST

Mind getting a side shot along the car to see the fitment/stretch(if there is any)? I have 8" wide wheels as well and am curious on the 205 Firehawks fitment on such a wheel.
Here you go. There's 'stretch' but it's minimal. 8.4"section width on these. Was super nervous it was going to look 'stanced' lol

In terms of ride quality, using 16’ inches over 17’ the car feels more smoother? There is any performance improvement? (I’m new in ST business lol, in my city there are a lot of bad roads and sometimes I feel the car like a table..)

HBEcoBeaST

In terms of ride quality, using 16’ inches over 17’ the car feels more smoother? There is any performance improvement? (I’m new in ST business lol, in my city there are a lot of bad roads and sometimes I feel the car like a table..)
I have only 15-20 miles on them so far but small bumps like manhole covers, driveway transitions, etc are improved. Hoping this will also help with bounciness and jarring impacts on the highway. My set up is not cushiony and definitely more daily driver/performance oriented.

My set up also saves a good ~7lbs of weight per corner which you can definitely feel.

I drive on crap roads/offroad often so I went the 16" tall sidewall route. My poor stocker wheels are rashed to hell from pot holes, rocks and bumps.

neeqness

1000 Post Club
Konig dekas 16x8
Firestone Indy's 205/50r16
Stock suspension
Much happiness

What roof rack did you use here in the pic and how do you like it so far?

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

HBEcoBeaST

What roof rack did you use here in the pic and how do you like it so far?

Rola rack. Small inno fairing. It's great except cinching downy GFS oversized and heavy 7'6 longboard too tight moved the rubber under the clamps a tiny bit over time. Still 100% functional just like a 1/4" of rubber exposed. Works great for my shprt boards and bikes though. Been running it over a year

neeqness

1000 Post Club
Cool, thanks.
Rola rack. Small inno fairing. It's great except cinching downy GFS oversized and heavy 7'6 longboard too tight moved the rubber under the clamps a tiny bit over time. Still 100% functional just like a 1/4" of rubber exposed. Works great for my shprt boards and bikes though. Been running it over a year

I'm looking at some OZ Ultraleggeras in that same spec. How are you liking the cushy ride? Preffered tire psi? Trying to reduce the harshness of my oe summer tires on some 17x8s by going down to 15s. Thx!
Sorry if this is long, but I spent a lot of time reading other posts here before joining, and having the "15 vs 16" endless debate with myself before biting the bullet. If I can answer some of those same questions and help others in the same way I was? Epic.

I love this combo. Full stop. I couldn't imagine going back.

Because these are summer tires with stiffer sidewalls, it isn't as cushy as my Sparco Terras (also 15x7) with winter rubber, but it's much improved, better mated to the stock dampers, and holy sh!t is it quieter! You get all these subtle sounds from the turbo doing its work throughout the range that used to be completely lost to the thrumming of the stockers.

I will check where my pressures are currently tomorrow and follow up. 20190112_092402.jpg

The car pulls better, of that I am certain. I still occasionally think I am in 5th when I am in 6th... in the good way...

And my gas mileage improved enough that my roof rack was made into a wash... I can max out at about 34mpg and not even bore myself to death in the process.

Braking is better, but that may vary by tire selection. I had to retrain myself because, in a full panic stop, you will STOP but you also will wiggle a bit. It's completely controllable and also totally unnecessary. You just adjust to the boosted response of the pedal and it never comes up. Side note: I enjoy the fact the 15s make the OEM brakes feel like a BBK...lol! My next serious change will be stainless lines, slotted rotors and better pads to shed some more weight when the stock pads need replacing. Stock sizes all the way around.

I was surprised at how well these fill the wheel wells on stock suspension. I may do an upgrade but with very little drop.
20190717_192117.jpg

I personally have not felt a loss of cornering capability or ultimate grip on aggressive twisty roads compared to the stockers, but the stockers would scramble for grip at times too. These do it in a much more linear way, and it's more a product of the weight loss giving you more twist than the rubber not being up to the job.

Last edited:
Now that's what I call a succinct and detailed account! Spent the better part of my day off trying to figure out my path forward. It's much easier to tackle my ride quality woes going with a mounted, balanced and shipped for free wheel/tire package from Tire Rack, than it would be baking under my carport swapping suspension in blazing AZ summer heat. Thanks Ledfoot!

Going small tire and tall sidewall is wrongthink. The problem is the harsh oem suspension. I run B8’s with Mountune springs on Rota 17x8 with ZIII’s and the car rides beautifully now. Just sayin