Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

FS Plug-and-Play Traction Control Off Module

Trader history for JDG (0)

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I'm guessing that there is NO WAY this could ever work without booting up/switching on the radio/infotainment system? [dunno]

OP
JDG

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #22
I'm guessing that there is NO WAY this could ever work without booting up/switching on the radio/infotainment system? [dunno]
I am sure it can be done, but most people aren't willing to take apart their radio and make modifications to it. This was the simplest way I could make this modification plug and play while still rendering the button completely operational and making the modification completely reversible for warranty purposes or people selling their cars.

The 35 second delay that the module must wait before performing the change is hardly noticeable and I think you would be hard pressed to find a situation where you need your traction control off sooner than 35 seconds after turning your car on.

EDIT: If you are serious about this (say you are looking to remove your head unit from your car permanently and want to do this), shoot me a PM and I can review some of the wiring diagrams with you and show you how it can be done.

Hey JDG,

Module's set to arrive today, thanks for the quick turn-around!

What circuit did you tap into for yours? I've already tapped into the windshield wiper circuit for my Valentine 1, I'm assuming it's a bad idea to "stack" fuse taps, eh?

Last edited:
OP
JDG

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #26
Hey JDG,

Module's set to arrive today, thanks for the quick turn-around!

What circuit did you tap into for yours? I've already tapped into the windshield wiper circuit for my Valentine 1, I'm assuming it's a bad idea to "stack" fuse taps, eh?
Because the amp draw of the module is only 50 mA, you can tap into the same circuit as your V1 if you wish. If you take a look at my original post in the thread, I included a photo of my fuse panel where I have tapped into two different fuses for various accessories. Both are +12V switched with ignition. One is the windshield but the other was a spare fuse in my car. It may be for the sunroof. You will have to test your car as I know there are slight differences between model years.

Shoot me a PM if any of this is unclear and I will give you my phone number so we can talk a bit more.

Because the amp draw of the module is only 50 mA, you can tap into the same circuit as your V1 if you wish. If you take a look at my original post in the thread, I included a photo of my fuse panel where I have tapped into two different fuses for various accessories. Both are +12V switched with ignition. One is the windshield but the other was a spare fuse in my car. It may be for the sunroof. You will have to test your car as I know there are slight differences between model years.

Shoot me a PM if any of this is unclear and I will give you my phone number so we can talk a bit more.
Thanks for the help. Nah, I understand what ya mean. I was just hoping ya knew which circuits were switched and which weren't because I've misplaced my multimeter lol. Didn't realize it changed year-to-year, so I'll just have to do some trial and error testing or just stack 'em if there's enough clearance.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
As was stated above I have been testing this module with the TC-OFF for [MENTION=7375]JDG[/MENTION] on a Sync 2 system.

Here is what I have.

Sync 2 with the latest software update, Version 3.10
Android, Samsung 9S+ phone connected via Bluetooth.
Ultimate Driving Mode App. for auto text response.
Sync settings are, 911 assist and 911 assist off reminder is set to OFF.
Factory NAV with an 8A chip.

The Automatic Traction Control Off Mod. works perfectly.

Thank you JDG, I am very happy.

Dave

OP
JDG

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #29
As was stated above I have been testing this module with the TC-OFF for [MENTION=7375]JDG[/MENTION] on a Sync 2 system.

Here is what I have.

Sync 2 with the latest software update, Version 3.10
Android, Samsung 9S+ phone connected via Bluetooth.
Ultimate Driving Mode App. for auto text response.
Sync settings are, 911 assist and 911 assist off reminder is set to OFF.
Factory NAV with an 8A chip.

The Automatic Traction Control Off Mod. works perfectly.

Thank you JDG, I am very happy.

Dave
Thanks for chiming in Dave! I appreciate you being patient with me working out some of the bugs with Sync 2.

redmoe

[MENTION=7375]JDG[/MENTION] looks like you used the heated seat fuse position in the pic?

OP
JDG

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #31
[MENTION=7375]JDG[/MENTION] looks like you used the heated seat fuse position in the pic?
Ah that is probably it! So @tykenfisz , you can probably use the heated seat fuse if you have them. If not, you should have an unused fuse.

Ah that is probably it! So @tykenfisz , you can probably use the heated seat fuse if you have them. If not, you should have an unused fuse.
Yeah, that's the one I ended up using, thanks! Modules in and working woohoo!

I'll have to do the switch later, not sure where I wanna put it yet.

BTW, actually installing the module was very easy, but removing that HVAC Panel, never again lol. Lost 3 of those trim clips :p

brbauer2

I don't have the cross reference number, but the Dodge dealer by me carries the same clips for 15¢ cheaper than the Ford dealer.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

zanethan

Is there going to be a second run of these? Very interested but my free money's this month have been spent already.

OP
JDG

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #36
Is there going to be a second run of these? Very interested but my free money's this month have been spent already.
I still have plenty, yes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
JDG

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #37
Just got mine in as well made a quick video:

https://youtu.be/ZKWcrsMD24I
[MENTION=7375]JDG[/MENTION] thanks again for putting this together! I put the part number for the clips in the description of the video. I keep a few on hand as they always seem to disappear ;)
This is awesome, thanks for making the video, I’ll make sure to add this to the first post as a how-to for folks to install.

Was there no 1A fuse included in your envelope? I noticed in the video you used a 2A.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

redmoe

Lol I’ll have to see if it’s in the envelope. I was super excited to get it installed.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Nice work.

Current operation?
* 12v Power Applied
* Module waits for a preset timeout period
* Module simulates button press for TC off, simulates five second button hold for SC off

You may be able to modify the programming as so...
* 12v power applied
* module immediately checks for button being held
* If held it checks non-volatile memory and toggles between one of three defaults: Auto TC Off / Auto TC+SC Off / Leave TC+SC On
* Module waits for a preset timeout period
* Module simulates button press according to the default; whether TC Off (single press), TC+SC Off (hold for five seconds), leave TC+SC on (no button presses simulated).

So in a nutshell, to change the default, one would hold the button for at least a full second (or two) after ignition on.

(note: SM = Sport Mode = SC = Stability Control ; TC = Traction Control)