Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

JDG’s Revo RT330 Install

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
This is near that Sunoco Service Plaza off of the Turnpike, which is one of the only places within 60+ miles of here selling E85, correct?

Damn mine weighs less than that. Mine weighs 2900 on the nose with me and a full tank. That puts me at 2715lbs.

CSM

1000 Post Club
That’s exactly what I decided to do :)

Also, here are some photos of the material removed and the resulting clearance. In the photos where the compressor housing is making contact, keep in mind everything is just being mocked up (nuts are not tight) so the contact is not quite as bad as it looks. The photos after the material has been removed are with all hardware torqued down included the exhaust manifold nuts/studs and then the turbo to manifold nuts/studs.
Is this an issue only with USDM cars or are they seeing this clearance issue overseas too?
edit. nevermind see that its been an issue with their previous turbo as well.

Still, excited to see how this turns out for you once tuned fully.

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
I think dry weight of the fist is 2740. But that's the 14's 15's. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

jeff

2000 Post Club
Still the first revision but got a better log, smoothing 3. Accurate weight of 2850 (1/2 tank) + Me (180 LBS)
Great updates. I'm really enjoying this thread and hear nothing but good things about the RT330.

I have a buddy in South Africa who just finished tuning. Not sure what their equivalent octane rating is but he's using whatever they deem "super unleaded" and his car just dyno'd at 208kw and 390Nm torque which translated to our measures equals 279whp and 288wtq. That's about what your Vdyno is showing though hopefully with further revisions you'll bump up a bit more. He was having some detonation issues and I think they're considering an additional tune revision to make it perfect.

Either way those are great numbers especially on pump gas!!!!!!!!! Looking forward to more updates.

jeff

2000 Post Club
Hey Jeff - thanks!

I was actually going to reach out to you once I had my tune finalized and some real dynographs to co-write a comparison thread for this turbo and the X47 (and X47R) if we can all compile our data together. I think it would be awesome to put all the VDyno graphs on one chart so we can truly compare how each turbo differs.

I am hoping I can make 300WHP/300WTQ on 93 Octane. A quick search on Google says that your buddy's fuel might be the equivalent to our 91 octane here in the USA, so his numbers definitely seem respectable.

The important thing, anyway - is that the car has become a whole lot more fun to drive. I am planning on finding a low mileage junkyard transmission before winter hits here and then get an LSD and better clutch to swap in come summer time. This thing badly needs the LSD.
Sure thing. That sounds great. I'll PM you about details. I did a similar thing with Pete who had an X47 also and Brian who had an MRX and it was really nice to have a comparison without a "mine is better" sort of attitude. We found in each case that fuels and the turbos themselves had all sorts of differences you could see in the logs and the bottom line is to each his own when you compare price, spool time, torque, power, install difficulty, etc.

Good luck on 300 that would be terrific on 93 I hope you make it!

Yeah I keep thinking about LSD...it would help but I'm just not sure the cost would be worth it and my car is pretty controlled on the street, I don't autoX.

Keep the updates coming.

jeff

2000 Post Club
Justin,

I have a friend in South Africa who just finished tuning his RT330 on pump gas, whatever the octane for their premium is over there I'm not sure....for reference on an actual dynamometer (not Vdyno) it made 212kW and 396Nm which if you do the conversion is about exactly at 330 brake hp (284 wheel hp) so I will say if your results are anything like that they are fantastic and right on par with the 330 bhp that Revo is claiming for this option! On pump gas that's quite excellent. He made max power at 6557rpms and max torque at 3200rpms which is very close to what the X47 is making. If your numbers are consistent with his these two turbos will be nearly identical, but I've read elsewhere that they are making over 300 on pump gas so let's hope that is the case!!!!!!!!!! If you like I can post his dyno charts but I don't want to clutter your thread if that's not beneficial.

jeff

2000 Post Club
Yeah, post it up! Can you find out what octane? I’m curious if it’s 91 or 93 AKI?

At what RPM does your X47 make max torque again?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
OK let me get his permission first and if he says yes I'll host and post them up. Not sure on the octane I'll ask that as well.

My max HP was made at 6350hp max TQ 3400.

When we do the friendly comparo like we discussed a few posts back I can also throw in the MRX if you want, I have a buddy who has that installed and we compared logs back in the day. He has a catless DP though so it won't be apples to apples but maybe close enough. Might be cool to compare all 3 since they're three of the more popular offerings in this range of power.

jeff

2000 Post Club
OK permission granted, here is what I know, I hope this is helpful. If anything I say is incorrect please anyone feel free to clarify things, this data is based on what I see on the Revo website/sale ads and what my friend in South Africa has related to me.

Tuning is complete, he is using 95 RON which is equivalent to about 91 octane here in the US. For reference the hp numbers Revo is claiming are on 99 RON which is equivalent to about 94 octane in the US. So in theory if you are tuning with 93 octane you will come in somewhere in between the power numbers shown below and the power numbers reported by Revo.

This car made 212kW @ 6557rpms and 396Nm @ 3200rpms which is equivalent to 284 wheel hp and 292 wheel tq.

Car was tuned at a REVO dealer in Cape Town, South Africa.

Mods are RT330, Airtec stage 3 intercooler, Ramair performance cone air filter and heatshield induction kit, custom TBE with a catless downpipe. He does NOT have the upgraded wastegate that Revo offers, I assume he is using the stock one. Since it is a Revo dealer/installer/tuner I am not understanding why they did not throw that in too with all these other mods but I specifically asked this and he is not upgraded. Perhaps for his fueling they decided it was not beneficial.

To sum up, the important variables here as I see it are (1) fuel quality/octane rating and (2) downpipe is catless and (3) WGA is stock. Variation on these three things will probably bring the biggest variation in power numbers when compared. Revo's 330 bhp (brake not wheel) again is using 99 RON and upgraded WGA...not sure about their downpipe, I couldn't find info on that.

He said the car pulled strong in the upper rev range, was very smooth, had a little bit of lag compared to stock but that was to be expected, felt very special, he is happy.

That's all the info I have, I look forward to seeing the US cars meet or exceed these numbers!!! Very excited for you guys and this new option!!!!

Dealer/tuner:

http://ferroli.co.za/

Here's the dyno:

OP
JDG

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #54
deleted.

Last edited:

jeff

2000 Post Club
Awesome! Thanks for posting. Only correction is that Shell 99 RON is equivalent to 93 pump gas (or AKI) here is the US so we should be able to hit the advertised numbers on 93 which I am obviously hoping is 300whp, but time will tell. Also the Revo numbers are with their standard WGA, not the TUNE+ upgraded.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Awesome thanks for clearing that up. Looking forward to results!!!!!

Se7eN

any other updates of results of these turbo's? I've heard there has been issues, but not that common. Seems to be a good kit.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
any other updates of results of these turbo's? I've heard there has been issues, but not that common. Seems to be a good kit.
Yeah not a common issue[facepalm]....not machining the turbo inlet to incorporate a anti-surge feature it supposedly had.....Its unfortunate.....its being worked on by all parties currently....but now its a ......

that really sucks for the customers though
It does, but this gif couldn’t be more accurate. The kit turned out to be a borderline scam. It doesn’t work on a US spec fiesta, zero testing was done to confirm it would before it was sold here, it’s nonrefundable, even if your kit is brand new and not installed, Revo is beyond inept to deal with, and three months later no actual solution is on the table yet. Be glad you missed this one.

Last edited: