Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What did you do to your Fiesta ST today ?

Thinking of getting those taillights. You running into any issues?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
None to speak of. Quality, fit and finish is perfect.

*knocks on blend door actuator*

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sekred

1000 Post Club
I used a sandwich plate, seems to work ok. Running around 180F (I run an oil cooler) but I have only driven the car consistently hard for short periods. The pan or sump would be better but I would not drill and tap without removing it.

koozy

3000 Post Club
I used a sandwich plate, seems to work ok. Running around 180F (I run an oil cooler) but I have only driven the car consistently hard for short periods. The pan or sump would be better but I would not drill and tap without removing it.
On my old Evo 8 the sender was located in the drain plug. I drilled and tapped a drain plug for an MR2 Spyder and fitted a sender in it, so that’s a possibility. IIRC, the drain plug on the FiST is fat enough to drill through the whole bolt and tap for a sender.

Here’s one I drilled and tapped with sender in place.

Sekred

1000 Post Club
On my old Evo 8 the sender was located in the drain plug. I drilled and tapped a drain plug for an MR2 Spyder and fitted a sender in it, so that’s a possibility. IIRC, the drain plug on the FiST is fat enough to drill through the whole bolt and tap for a sender.

Here’s one I drilled and tapped with sender in place.

I thought about drilling the sump plug but decided it was a little small in diameter, I didn't feel happy with the amount of material left after drilling.
For an 1/8 NPT sender I would need to use a 8.73mm (11/32") tapping drill bit. The sump plug is 14mm but the minor diameter of (the bottom of the thread pitch) the thread is about 12.7mm. 12.7mm - 8.73mm and I end up around 4mm, half that when I drill all the way through and I have 2mm of material left, maybe enough but I would not feel confident about it.

Jerickson88

That’s not bad looking. Did you have the tires swapped over or is this a second set?

I may eventually go 15’s to open up tire options for better ride quality and such, but so far the 215/40’s have made things a lot smoother

Last edited:

koozy

3000 Post Club
I thought about drilling the sump plug but decided it was a little small in diameter, I didn't feel happy with the amount of material left after drilling.
For an 1/8 NPT sender I would need to use a 8.73mm (11/32") tapping drill bit. The sump plug is 14mm but the minor diameter of (the bottom of the thread pitch) the thread is about 12.7mm. 12.7mm - 8.73mm and I end up around 4mm, half that when I drill all the way through and I have 2mm of material left, maybe enough but I would not feel confident about it.
That’s exactly the size I did that with and lived to tell about it. Lol I drilled it free hand, no drill press. It’s a tight fit, but it worked.

That’s not bad looking. Did you have the tires swapped over or is this a second set?

I may eventually go 15’s to open up tire options for better ride quality and such, but so far the 215/40’s have made things a lot smoother
This is my winter tire setup. Michelin X-Ice Xi3 185/60R15 on Sport Edition F10 15x6.5 4-108. Even with no snow I would be nervous to drive in temps below 40F with those Bridgestone Potenza's.
45864694_2812776435414999_2623214519425433600_n.jpg

Jerickson88

This is my winter tire setup. Michelin X-Ice Xi3 185/60R15 on Sport Edition F10 15x6.5 4-108. Even with no snow I would be nervous to drive in temps below 40F with those Bridgestone Potenza's.
View attachment 18839
The bridgestones get hard as bricks when it’s cold. I went to an all season. Gonna thrown on several hundred miles this weekend, possibly going to Ohio

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Installed my black lug nuts, such a nice subtle improvement... And finally used ForScan, disabled Sirius, changed splash screen to ST, disabled TPMS for bad sensor an now have different color animated sliding icons when I change options... Anyone know how to disabled the extra EQ that '16+ have enabled that messes with the sound?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk