Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Pierce 6 point brace REVIEW!

Pierce 6 Point Brace Review!

10/10

If you like the Fiesta for cornering and live for the curves- this is a MUST have mod. I think the Fiesta handles pretty good,
but the 6 point lower brace really turns the Fista into a go cart! Do you like launching at the light? If yes, than this
brace is for you. It all boils down to this: TRACTION. Its a huge improvement all around and almost like driving
a different car now. For reference my car is on lowering springs and on 93 and e30 flash tunes. I installed this brace 5 days ago and have been "testing"
it on my work commute (40 min each way) and general around town driving. This really is one
of those things that made a night and day difference to the car and wish I had it a long time ago.
I attack every turn, on/off rampI can find. I will repeat what someone on fiestastforum said- I easily gained 10 mph in the curves. The same on ramp that I could take
at 45 is now 55 and another higher speed off ramp went from 60 to now 70ish. When taking turns the car has much more
traction and is putting power to the ground better. That equates to the car feeling more powerful as it grips in places
where there used to be wheel spin. It feels like the cars suspension is working better and can feel what the
car/road is communicating better. U turns whip around lightning quick and flat! Also launches are wayyy better. Wheel hop? Gone. Torque steer? Gone.
The car hooks better which means better acceleration (minding a decent launch/little tire spin) If you do over cook it on a launch- the
tires will just spin and NOT hop. If you drive into a turn at moderate speed, you are rewarded by being able to power out
a lot more than before the brace. This brace basically "cages" the the subframe and control arms to the unibody so nothing
can flex. The whole front end feels so much more solid. Even when just cruising down the road, the car just feels more "together".

Lastly- I got to really use the benefit of this part this morning which inspired me to write the review now...
A new Mustang GT was playing with me in traffic until we approached the long circle on ramp to the interstate. He had a pulled a fair
gap just before we entered the turn. By mid turn I closed the gap and just sucked right up to his bumper while he was doing all he could to
keep it on the road. By the end of the turn he was over cooking it and almost in the grass, while I had more grip/speed to spare.
I can't wait to carve some back roads and mountains when I get the chance.

In my opinion should be the first mod. For the money (less than $300), I think this
is best bang for the buck modification you can do.

Rating 10/10

Traction:

puts power to the ground better/feels like the car has more power

car is able to power through and out of turns better

take turns 10 mph faster

Response:

more responsive steering/quicker turn in

quicker lane changes

flatter cornering

Car is more stable while cornering/feel like it makes the suspension work better

Launching:

eliminated all wheel hop

eliminated all torque steer

wayyy better launches

Other driving impressions:

Car feels more solid and more together even when not cornering

car feels noticeably more stable at higher speeds

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Did you run a 2 point before this? Or is this your first bracing setup for your car? Interested to get as many opinions possible between 2 point 4 and 6.

awesome.. I'm about to install mine any tips? I got the rear beam bar also

I would like info on how hard was this to put in. I heard some of the bolts are a bitch to get out. also I live in the northeast, I am worried about the brace getting sand blasted by sand and salt and rusting away.

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Still on the fence between this and the 2 point brace.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Did you run a 2 point before this? Or is this your first bracing setup for your car? Interested to get as many opinions possible between 2 point 4 and 6.
I have tested them all.
In the short time I have known you, I have gotten to know your style.
Trust me, go with the 6 point, you will like it.

Dave

jeff

2000 Post Club
This is a great review. I reviewed this product somewhere on this forum a while back and said all the same things. Go straight for the 6 point, it's the one you need even on stock turbo.

When I installed mine we put the car on 4 jack stands and all 6 bolts came out easily and went back in easily. Others have had issues and had to do all sorts of tricks to get the bolts to line up, maybe I was lucky but it was quite easy and done in 30 minutes start to finish. So I recommend suspending the car one way or another, either get 4 jack stands or a lift or get the Hulk to hold the car up while you install, either way doing it with the car suspended seems to be the best way to ensure a smooth install.

Great username.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Well I got the two point during black friday. I want to get something low profile for ground clearance like the SuMMiT from the UK. If not design one to sell since there are no low profile ones in the US besides the Ultra racing from Malaysia.

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
+1 on the 6-point. I put the car on 4 jackstands to install mine. It took longer to get it on jackstands than it did to install the brace. Make sure the wheels are off the ground when you start all 6 bolts, and tighten the rear 4. The front 2 (in the control arm) should be tightened with the suspension compressed at ride height. That's a bit tougher but doable with ramps under the tires.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
I will definitely be getting one of these one day 6 point for sure. I plan on installing all the braces at some point. Some unexpected things happen this year that really slowed down me doing mods, but I do plan on keeping the car forever so I have plenty of time.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Is the ground clearance underneath as bad as people say with the 6 point?

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
Ok, I'll give a little more detail. I am lowered and have only once EVER scraped the brace. It was a huge speed bump that I crawled over. The first time I slammed it at normal speed because I didn't see it. It was pretty undramatic but it scared the hell out of me. When I went over it on the way out, I creeped over it at a snail's pace and that's when it scraped. Most of the meat of the brace is between the front tires so you're never really in a situation where the brace would scrape. If it does, your car probably would've scraped anyway because you're doing something stupid like driving in the ruts made by a truck with 35in tires. The rearmost legs of the brace do extend past the tires and that's what scraped for me. But like I said, it's only happened once. Nevermind when I got stuck on the low-profile lift at Discount Tire because my brace didn't clear it as I was trying to reverse off of it. Two rubber blocks later, I was off. Absolutely NO RAGRETS on the 6-point brace.

I'll see if I can easily take measurements when I go out this afternoon.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Well I got the two point during black friday. I want to get something low profile for ground clearance like the SuMMiT from the UK. If not design one to sell since there are no low profile ones in the US besides the Ultra racing from Malaysia.
There is no difference in ground clearance between the 2, 4, or 6 point,
They all are built off of the 2 point and that is the lowest part.
The front of the brace is not an issue because it is so close to the center axis of the wheel.
The only time you might hit the back part of the 6 point is if you drop quickly off of a tall speed bump.
And that is because it extends past the front wheel center axis, as shown in the photo above (thanks [MENTION=8050]alexrex20[/MENTION]) .
Anyway, I would rather hit the brace then the bottom of the car.
The brace can easily be repainted, repaired, or replaced.
The car is more difficult and more expensive to repair.

Dave

Dpro

6000 Post Club
There is no difference in ground clearance between the 2, 4, or 6 point,
They all are built off of the 2 point and that is the lowest part.
The front of the brace is not an issue because it is so close to the center axis of the wheel.
The only time you might hit the back part of the 6 point is if you drop quickly off of a tall speed bump.
And that is because it extends past the front wheel center axis, as shown in the photo above (thanks [MENTION=8050]alexrex20[/MENTION]) .
Anyway, I would rather hit the brace then the bottom of the car.
The brace can easily be repainted, repaired, or replaced.
The car is more difficult and more expensive to repair.

Dave
I would not disagree.

OP
B
Thread Starter #19
My tires are stock OD and it looks like I have about three inches of clearance. But like I said it is a complete non-issue.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Thats about what I have. I have 2.5" clearance on Vogtland springs which are 2" drop on front like H&R Super's

OP
B
Thread Starter #20
awesome.. I'm about to install mine any tips? I got the rear beam bar also
I read all I could about it here on the forum and figured it was either going to be a nightmare or cake. I chose to just take a 10min drive over to my local American DIY Garage and rented a lift bay and used air tools. Cost me $20 and had it done in about 15 min. WORTH IT