Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

2014 Ford Fiesta ST project

Sourskittle and Razor have more of scientific answer then I do LOL. There post are on the previous page. Basically the ECU is closing the throttle as the boost/rpm climbs.
Is this on OTS maps or is this on custom tunes?

Cheers,
-Braden @ COBB

OP
razorlab

razorlab

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #343
Braden,

From my experience, custom tunes and with cars on Ethanol or higher flowing turbos than stock, so, normal things that happen when pushing the car more. ;)

I think the ones that are seeing it with OTS maps are the ones using them with different mods than they are mapped for. ;)

I'd say this gets moved into a ecu specific thread and out of this one.

felopr

[MENTION=1076]razorlab[/MENTION], i got a question for you, how did you start or how did you learn to read the ECU tables, read a dyno chart or see a datalog and by that info go to program them? i have always being curious about it but i have never found a way to start, like a 101, any feedback is appreciated

OP
razorlab

razorlab

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #347
The Fiesta has been in short term hibernation while I was/am sorting some things out on my Evo. I thought that some of the tuning and data geeks on this forum would get a kick out of the differences in logging between platforms.

This is with a ECU ROM mod that greatly enhances logging sample rate, huge difference in sample rate and number of channels logged. Also notable is how much better the stock FMIC is than the Fiesta, with a much larger OEM turbo too. (approx 41lb/min turbo compared to 21lb/min on the Fiesta ST)

http://datazap.me/u/razorlab/tephra...-21-22-23&solo=2-4-5-8-12-13-19&zoom=580-1231

It also gives the ability to live tune. Literally change table parameters as the car is running.

The sensor names are much more cryptic than our ECU. Also it's pretty funny how some of the readings go out to like 12 decimal places.

How fast can you collect data on this? Is it better than 20hz resolution?

OP
razorlab

razorlab

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #349
It's something crazy like 240hz. Zoom in on a bit of the log, there are TONS of data points.

The channels (sensors) can be named what we want.

OP
razorlab

razorlab

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #351
Lol, amazing. Assuming et = time in seconds it's about 100hz in that log.
Yea I think since I was logging an external sensor (wideband AFR) that everything got slowed down a little.

OP
razorlab

razorlab

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #352
Welp, I'm 90% decided to no longer track this car and put it back to 100% daily driver duty. The car is fun to track but my hearts not there with tracking FWD and it's just not capable enough for me without doing a bunch more mods. I'll be going back to tracking Evos.

I even had a track day to go to tomorrow with it and I ended up selling my space.

Which most likely means all my track centric stuff will be up for sale soon. Spare set of Sparco wheels with 215/40/17 Dunlop ZII Star Specs with maybe 300miles on them, Wilwood BBK, possibly the BC coilovers.

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
Welp, I'm 90% decided to no longer track this car and put it back to 100% daily driver duty. The car is fun to track but my hearts not there with tracking FWD and it's just not capable enough for me without doing a bunch more mods. I'll be going back to tracking Evos.

I even had a track day to go to tomorrow with it and I ended up selling my space.

Which most likely means all my track centric stuff will be up for sale soon. Spare set of Sparco wheels with 215/40/17 Dunlop ZII Star Specs with maybe 300miles on them, Wilwood BBK, possibly the BC coilovers.
Hope you still devote some time to the ECU. May be interested n some of youre stuff.

OP
razorlab

razorlab

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #355
Hope you still devote some time to the ECU.
Yup, still keeping the car, I still think it's a great fun little thing. :) Will still be messing with the ECU.

That sucks. I wonder if a powerband change and LSD would change your mind...
Probably help but that's more than I want to do with it at this point.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
This car would not of been my first choice in a track car either, I have had plenty of very fast cars on track, pure race cars as well but for what I needed grocery getter, site seeing, track, fit in a toyhauler trailer, it has to do so I am doing all I can to maximize the results. I fully understand going back to using it for the best purpose, a great little DD car.

Waterfan

Thanks for adding so much to the community in such a short amount of time and good luck with your Evos :)