Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

HELP! Boomba racing 20% reduction shifter plate won't fit 2016 FiST!

Picked up shifter bushings, base bushings, a shift knob, rear mount and the reduction plate today from boomba racing, props to the guys for hooking it up and throwing in some goodies. Anyways got the bushings for the shifter cable bracket in the engine bay all assembled. Went to install the reduction plate and it seems like the oem cable mount is wider. Anyone else have this problem on a 2016?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Picked up shifter bushings, base bushings, a shift knob, rear mount and the reduction plate today from boomba racing, props to the guys for hooking it up and throwing in some goodies. Anyways got the bushings for the shifter cable bracket in the engine bay all assembled. Went to install the reduction plate and it seems like the oem cable mount is wider. Anyone else have this problem on a 2016?!

Boomba will support their product
I'd suggest posting in their section and or calling them to discuss this issue

good luck , I hope you get this sorted out

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
[MENTION=1045]Boomba Racing[/MENTION]

First I've hear of this. Can you snap a picture of the bracket or the adapter and point out where it is thicker? Remember there is only one way it can go maybe you need to rotate it 180 degrees.

OP
nickster_9224
Thread Starter #4
I followed the install video from boomba site. When I went to slide it on it hardly went on. It pretty much only fits the arm one way. And that's with the single bolt facing the firewall. The factory mount seems like the casting might have been rough? It's millimeters

Although I've got the Mountune instead, it's the same part for every year, and I've got a '16. Mountune does warn in the instructions that there may be some flash from the Ford casting that has to be sanded off. I suspect that's your nemesis. I've bought a few toys from Boomba, and they tend to be spot on perfect every time.

OP
nickster_9224
Thread Starter #6
Sweet! Looks like I'll get the dremel out and sand the Ford casting some.

Sweet! Looks like I'll get the dremel out and sand the Ford casting some.

You're already through the hard part. I was ready to kill people by the time I'd popped the factory pin out. The rest is a snap, even if you need to give it a little Dremel love. Lol!

OP
nickster_9224
Thread Starter #8
I'm glad I got the bushings in at least. Used rtv to keep the halves together. Worked like a charm! Still have a shift knob and shifter base bushings to install!

OP
nickster_9224
Thread Starter #10
Just seeing this now; did you get everything figured out?
I haven't had a chance to get my car back apart yet, when i do I'll be sure to post photos of what the plate looks like when I try to put it on and then photos of it after I sand it.

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club
Feel free to reach out to us over PM or email so we can try to get this issue squared away for you!