Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

The NEW: revo RT330 turbo kit is here!

Trader history for ron@whoosh (1)

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #41
Great stuff!

Not to wet blanket any of this - I think it's helpful to mention this however...330 brake HP is equivalent to around 280 wheel HP. Keep that in mind so it's an apples to apples comparison if you're contrasting this option with one of the Garrett turbos/MRX/Pumaspeed products. Dyno chart/video "A" might say "330HP" but it's bhp while chart/video "B" might say "300HP" but it's whp which is actually more than 330bhp. Can be misleading to the unaware.

I compared this to my dyno chart from my X47 and torque comes on almost identically. I imagine it's a similar driving experience and power with the same fuel mix is probably comparable. Very nice option for sure! I look forward to more results.

Does anyone know what target boost is for these on various fuel options? I'm curious to compare it to my turbo, which is 25.4 per Pumaspeed.

Great to have so many options for our cars.

EDIT
Brake/flywheel are somewhat synonymous, in that they are not wheel HP.....my point is that the 327.5HP figures are not really 327.5HP.
to correct that post
10% is the number used for drivetrain loss on the Fiesta. DHM has used this percentage and quite frankly Russell is very knowledgeable about dyno tuning so I'll go with his wisdom. 330bhp / brake horsepower or crank horsepower is just shy of 300whp (297). The 12.3 pass @ 113 mph car made 313whp on a dyno just as FYI
The charts shown here actually say (fly) which is synonymous with crank there are no deceptions or to cause confusion

If you want to compare apples apples I'll pay someone to do so
for example Turbosmart wastegates for the X47 or the "billet" gate option on the MRX you mention are upgrades
run these turbos on pump gas same as the 330bhp number as advertised on the RT330 states. I would surmise the X47 and MRX would have no chance to match the BHP numbers of the RT330 "as equipped"

wait until you see some numbers with the RT330 equipped with the Turbosmart 14psi wastegate then you may compare the apples to apples you mention[like]

TDavis

1000 Post Club
wait until you see some numbers with the RT330 equipped with the Turbosmart 14psi wastegate then you may compare the apples to apples you mention[like]
I'll be waiting for those. The RT330 is one of my choices for turbos

jeff

2000 Post Club
to correct that post
10% is the number used for drivetrain loss on the Fiesta. DHM has used this percentage and quite frankly Russell is very knowledgeable about dyno tuning so I'll go with his wisdom. 330bhp / brake horsepower or crank horsepower is just shy of 300whp (297). The 12.3 pass @ 113 mph car made 313whp on a dyno just as FYI
The charts shown here actually say (fly) which is synonymous with crank there are no deceptions or to cause confusion

If you want to compare apples apples I'll pay someone to do so
for example Turbosmart wastegates or the "billet" gate option on the MRX you mention are upgrades
run these turbos on pump gas same as the 330bhp number as advertised on the RT330 states. I would surmise the X47 and MRX would have no chance to match the BHP numbers of the RT330 "as equipped"

Meh, 15%, 10%, my point remains.

I could find plenty of all-out-every-piece-of-hardware-installed-with-ethanol-and-unobtainium-fuel-tune versions of other turbo'd Fiestas and tout big numbers, but I won't. Not trying to say one is better than the other just pointing out the difference between BHP and WHP.

Like I said I think the REVO is a fine turbo option. I hope you sell a lot of them.

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #44
Meh, 15%, 10%, my point remains.

I could find plenty of all-out-every-piece-of-hardware-installed-with-ethanol-and-unobtainium-fuel-tune versions of other turbo'd Fiestas and tout big numbers, but I won't. Not trying to say one is better than the other just pointing out the difference between BHP and WHP.

Like I said I think the REVO is a fine turbo option. I hope you sell a lot of them.
I'll agree with your last statement

thanks

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #45
video action from Santa Pod in the UK
they did not capture the 12.3 @113 run but it's well documented and there is a grainy phone video of that run posted all over Facebook and revo's pages

[video=youtube;zPTTNz8uOeM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPTTNz8uOeM&t=1s[/video]

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
video action from Santa Pod in the UK
they did not capture the 12.3 @113 run but it's well documented and there is a grainy phone video of that run posted all over Facebook and revo's pages

[video=youtube;zPTTNz8uOeM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPTTNz8uOeM&t=1s[/video]
That trap speed ain't bad for street tires! That's for damn sure.

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #48
everyone will soon see how different this turbo is compared to other turbos - truly exciting times for the Fiesta!

it's not a hybrid, it does advertise it's base kit in bhp as it is a box kit with 9psi wastegate geared toward an installation at a revo dealer with their software in the UK
here we are going to post up the turbo with an aftermarket wastegate, CNC manifold frm VUDU, some whoosh goodies, 4 port AUX fuel and eliminate those other turbos from further discussions

after the dyno posts the comments will most likely be, well it's not a hybrid so.... lol

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #49
everyone will soon see how different this turbo is compared to other turbos - truly exciting times for the Fiesta!

it's not a hybrid, it does advertise it's base kit in bhp as it is a box kit with 9psi wastegate geared toward an installation at a revo dealer with their software in the UK
here we are going to post up the turbo with an aftermarket wastegate, CNC manifold frm VUDU, some whoosh goodies, 4 port AUX fuel and eliminate those other turbos from further discussions

after the dyno posts the comments will most likely be, well it's not a hybrid so.... lol

graphs coming but we have a 3rd revision on 93 pump over 300whp at only 24psi 33% WGDC on the RT330 revo ������
yep just like the other turbos[ohcrap][hihi]

e30 then aux coming later this evening
should be interesting

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #51
Any update, Ron?
for whatever reason, the street tuning did not happen over the weekend (paid for it but the tuner didn't show)
Now this customer has changed tuners. New info forthcoming.

Dpro

6000 Post Club

This looks exciting as in the kind of thing I woold be interested in down the road in several thousand miles lol. Plus a ported stock mani! Me likey, in for numbers and powevand info!

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #54
This looks exciting as in the kind of thing I woold be interested in down the road in several thousand miles lol. Plus a ported stock mani! Me likey, in for numbers and powevand info!
still tuning but there are graphs over 330whp at the moment
hang in there folks

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #58
I am late to the party, have you said what the rev range is on the rt330 Ron?
with the stock manifold the RT330 hit full boost by 3500-3600RPM
the turbo will pull well past the stock rev limit with no power drop off at all