Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

"oh shit" bar?

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
Did Fiestas of any model/trim come with a passenger side pillar grab handle or "oh shit" bar?

I want to install one for my wife. She's always bracing herself while I drive spiritedly. She really wants one in the FiST. LOL.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using Tapatalk

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Did Fiestas of any model/trim come with a passenger side pillar grab handle or "oh shit" bar?

I want to install one for my wife. She's always bracing herself while I drive spiritedly. She really wants one in the FiST. LOL.

Don't you have recaros?

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Nope. Didn't want to pay $2k for seats.

Big mistake....they are the Oh shit bar of seats! Worth every penny man...maybe get lucky and find some used soon! Have you ever driven a Normal Fiesta? Absolutely no need for the oh shit handle more like the what's wrong with this Turtle slow thing I'm driving handle.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
RubenZZZ

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #6
I figured they existed in regular Fiestas to aid passenger exit/entry.

I guess i gotta buy one of these subway ring things all the mad-tyte jdm boys run in their cars.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Like was previously mentioned find a set of Recaro’s install them seatbelt her in she will be as happy as a clam all tight and snug. Lol
If I had bought my car without Recaros I would have been hunting night and day to get a set or buy a set of FoST Recaros and do the base swap to put them in. In the end ya I paid 2k more but I got my car for 5k off sticker! Under 20k! With them. I mean its still cheap. Lol

OP
RubenZZZ

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #8
Looking on ebay/craigslist for a drivers side Focus ST Recaro.

If I score two, even better!

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Like was previously mentioned find a set of Recaro’s install them seatbelt her in she will be as happy as a clam all tight and snug. Lol
If I had bought my car without Recaros I would have been hunting night and day to get a set or buy a set of FoST Recaros and do the base swap to put them in. In the end ya I paid 2k more but I got my car for 5k off sticker! Under 20k! With them. I mean its still cheap. Lol
Bearded clam maybe....[grinking]

having driven both now, the Recaros aren't really going to hold you in place much better unless you're a pretty big boi/gurl. In general these are pretty bad cars for passengers to grab anything to hold onto, but that just makes it more fun :)

maybe get her a CG lock or Christmas?

Dpro

6000 Post Club
having driven both now, the Recaros aren't really going to hold you in place much better unless you're a pretty big boi/gurl. In general these are pretty bad cars for passengers to grab anything to hold onto, but that just makes it more fun :)

maybe get her a CG lock or Christmas?
Hahahaha, I am in no way or form a big boy lol. I test drove both and fhe difference was night and day as far as holding me in goes. Even my friend who is pratically skin and bones noticed the difference and feel between the two. Are you emaciated?

As somebody who spends a decent bit of time in a real race seat I didn't think the recaros did much to really stop you from moving around without having to brace yourself. they feel like they might help when you climb into them, but that was about it for me. If anything the kind of pants I wear and how well they grip the cloth did more.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
As somebody who spends a decent bit of time in a real race seat I didn't think the recaros did much to really stop you from moving around without having to brace yourself. they feel like they might help when you climb into them, but that was about it for me. If anything the kind of pants I wear and how well they grip the cloth did more.
Lol you can’t compare them to a full race fixed position bucket. No aftermarket seat or factory performance made for street use is gonna compare to a race seat. Lol

If you compare them back to back to the stock seats there is a huge difference. They fit much tighter than the base seats lol. In fact they are tight enough that some who are really thin people even complained.

The base seats have practically no bottom side bolster compared to the Recaros and that will help hold someone in in corners.

I get that people not used to a racing seat think the recaros are helping them. my thought after driving with both was they neither was any real help above .75 g-force. I did think they recaros looked cool and were comfy.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^[thumb] Which is exactly why I opted to NOT spend that $2K on them, and instead eventually get a set of real race shells, or if those are deemed too 'dangerous' for everyday street use without a full cage and back brace, then a set of race shell-like recliner seats (Status Spas, Cobra Daytonas, etc.) which will hold even better yet than the Recaros, and not have that effing shitty separate head rest to deal with.

I've 'survived' 45 years of driving without seat side airbags (or a steering wheel one for that matter), so I believe that I can make it through the rest of my life without them. [wink]

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
Best 'backhanded insult' I've heard yet about this car! [thumb] [driving]
I will add on top of it when she said it as she swiped her right hand at the headliner 3 times where they are at in my focus. Then made her statement while laughing. I had to stop hooning for a second to catch my breath. One of the funniest things she has said about my fist.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk