Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Opinions and recommendations on the 1st mod on our FiST

I always hear people recommending either TB or Pierce for the first mod, i am waiting for black friday to see if either have any good sale lol.

which of the two is better?
I'm also watching. I've seen enough people buy a two point and then upgrade and say it's worth it that I'm thinking the Pierce 6 point to do it right the first time. hoping for a big sale on this one.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
good catch, I mean the passenger's side. I haven't done either yet. have done similar on other FWD/AWD cars. Which stiffness did you go with? I might go one less than what you did if a stiff one and it's too much for daily street.
OK, so here is where there is a bit of controversy: I did the yellow street version, with a black Race also available... Well, if you read the description and look at the actual stock rubber mount, the yellow poly "slice of pineapple" is thicker and stronger than the stock one, of course, but it is said that you have to stack both pieces in there "insert style", but I think that the description is right in saying it can be an REPLACEMENT and you just use the same stock bolt. I got the stronger bolt upgrade and stacked them and it feels pretty damn race to me. So I'd do it as replacement to get less vibes and save your money on the upgraded bolt too... but this is all assuming you plan to stay stock turbo, so depending on what your goals are.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
I'm also watching. I've seen enough people buy a two point and then upgrade and say it's worth it that I'm thinking the Pierce 6 point to do it right the first time. hoping for a big sale on this one.
TB Performance has $30 off all orders right now, so the traction bar at $100 shipped is a good deal but depends what your goals are... If you just want to help traction and torque steer the most then a 2 pt/traction bar is fine, that's what braces the front crossmember... but if you are looking at shaving time off at the track then more for sure definitely helps.

OK, so here is where there is a bit of controversy: I did the yellow street version, with a black Race also available... Well, if you read the description and look at the actual stock rubber mount, the yellow poly "slice of pineapple" is thicker and stronger than the stock one, of course, but it is said that you have to stack both pieces in there "insert style", but I think that the description is right in saying it can be an REPLACEMENT and you just use the same stock bolt. I got the stronger bolt upgrade and stacked them and it feels pretty damn race to me. So I'd do it as replacement to get less vibes and save your money on the upgraded bolt too... but this is all assuming you plan to stay stock turbo, so depending on what your goals are.
hmmm good information and something to consider.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
hmmm good information and something to consider.
it's a insert not a replacement end of story. He is the only one that believes this at least from what I've seen. Powerflex sells it as a insert. It's held together by a zip tie it's textured only on one side, and it doesn't have the perfect shape in the center like the stock piece to go around the shaft. it's meant to be used as insert would you really depend on a piece all by itself that's held together by zip tie hell no.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
I always hear people recommending either TB or Pierce for the first mod, i am waiting for black friday to see if either have any good sale lol.

which of the two is better?
Just FYI
whoosh will have a 2 point brace for the front, 2 point truck brace and rear beam support released just in time for xmas
prices are going to be very competitive and we used some extremely high strength material for our braces[rockon]

CarGuy

1000 Post Club
Just FYI
whoosh will have a 2 point brace for the front, 2 point truck brace and rear beam support released just in time for xmas
prices are going to be very competitive and we used some extremely high strength material for our braces[rockon]
Nice! Powdercoated?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

danbfree

3000 Post Club
it's a insert not a replacement end of story. He is the only one that believes this at least from what I've seen. Powerflex sells it as a insert. It's held together by a zip tie it's textured only on one side, and it doesn't have the perfect shape in the center like the stock piece to go around the shaft. it's meant to be used as insert would you really depend on a piece all by itself that's held together by zip tie hell no.
Here are my thoughts: Having the stock rubber piece in there too doesn't seem to help with structure any at all, there is no need for the texture other than to help show in which order to stack if you choose to and with the poly actually thicker and stronger than that original piece I just can't wrap my mind any reason it wouldn't work well by itself.. They also CLEARLY call it both a replacement and insert, with even the REPLACEMENT part #'s listed, there is no way a "street" version would/should have so much vibes unless you are pushing it by stacking it in there... ALSO, the only reason you need that ring or zip tie is for keep the opening closed so then you can tighten down on it, not "held together" like there are multiple pieces, there's a difference... Anyway, I'm going to email them and see if I can get some clarity, I'm strongly considering removing the stock rubber piece, it's small and only adds excessive vibes but if they say that indeed to use as an insert only, I will eat crow and admit it, OK man?

SST

Just FYI
wonderful teaser lol, btw you have any Canadian distributor yet?

TB Performance has $30 off all orders right now, so the traction bar at $100 shipped is a good deal but depends what your goals are... If you just want to help traction and torque steer the most then a 2 pt/traction bar is fine, that's what braces the front crossmember... but if you are looking at shaving time off at the track then more for sure definitely helps.
I don't want OP to get confused. The TB Traction Bar/Pierce 2PT braces the front control arm mounting points together to resist flex in the bushings/tie the control arms together more. It does not brace the crossmember to the chassis. That would be the crossmember brace from TB.

I have the Traction Bar and love it but I want to get the crossmember brace to see if I can reduce torque steer/wheel hop a little more. If it doesn't I'll just hop straight to a Pierce 6pt.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
I don't want OP to get confused. The TB Traction Bar/Pierce 2PT braces the front control arm mounting points together to resist flex in the bushings/tie the control arms together more. It does not brace the crossmember to the chassis. That would be the crossmember brace from TB.

I have the Traction Bar and love it but I want to get the crossmember brace to see if I can reduce torque steer/wheel hop a little more. If it doesn't I'll just hop straight to a Pierce 6pt.
Thanks for the correction, I too would hate to confuse anyone... I have always thought of the arching area for the control arms to be called the "crossmember", I definitely would happily like to learn the difference!

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Thanks for the correction, I too would hate to confuse anyone... I have always thought of the arching area for the control arms to be called the "crossmember", I definitely would happily like to learn the difference!
Well technically you are correct though in our cars the way its tied to together its qualifies as a sub frame. A crossmember usually just runs two points from one side to the other and usually narrow. When its wider and has mutliple connection spots its usually considered a sub frame . In FWD cars they call it a sub frame.

Now this is technical lexicon and lots of people including some mechanics mix it up as most RWD cars have crossmembers with suspension and engine attachment points. These are usually narrow vs the much wider piece in our cars .

He is correct that traction bars tie the control arms together in a stiffer setup than stock, and thats all they do. Whereas a subframe brace ties the subframe into the chassis with a stiffer than stock setup.

I find it more interesting that Mountune sells subframe brace but not a traction bar. Is it becuase if one were to put stiffer bushings in our controls arms at the pickup points it would be enough to not need one?
I Know Raamaudio is one of the few that has talked about the sitffer bushing route here over braces everywhere.

I would like to hear from anybody who has tried both together and apart to see where the point of diminishing returns is.

EDIT: it looks like all of the bars 2 point and up hit the same front control arm points. unless I'm missing something.

Jerickson88

its A well rounded package. You could do the Cobb stage 1 ($650) which is a RMM, filter, and AP3, and then drop another $100 on a tune!

But even just the Accessport is good. If you wanna restrict your son, you can put him in the eco slot![rofl]