Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

pwnall1337's Fiesta ST #2 Build Thread

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Ok guys, So I'm already working on Stage 4. Here's what happens in November. I'll be removing my cobb turbo back and parts of my ATP gtx2860r kit in favor of DHM parts and MBRP exhaust from [MENTION=348]ModBargains[/MENTION].

Here's what's going on in November:

DHM GTX EWG Manifold
Tial Vband Exhaust Housing
Tial MVS WG
DHM EWG Dump Tube
DHM GTX Kit DP
DHM Charge Pipe
Vband clamps, Tbolt Clamps, Misc
3" MBRP Cat Back System
Stratified/DHM Xtra[emoji769] Aux Fuel System

Along with the parts install, I'll be ordering a custom set of pistons/rods from Livernois Motorsports. I'm paying for R&D/Testing/Fab time as they don't currently offering the setup, but it's still cheaper than their 3.5 Ecoboost Internals. The Piston/Rods will take 10-12 weeks for delivery from order so I'm going to place the order In November to ensure I have them by January for the rebuild. The DHM parts will reduce my spool times from 4,500 rpm to 3,200->3,600 rpm range. My goal is to make 380 whp on the gtx2860r turbo with 100% meth injection using an alky system. I should be pushing 310-315 whp to keep my stock pistons very safe. Then in January I'm going to shoot for 380 whp revving to 8K rpm.
We will have internals on the self before than and you would have to pay for testing or r&d. But I already made the offer once. Can't wait until you get the new turbo set up

Russ

OP
pwnall1337

pwnall1337

Vendor
Thread Starter #122
We will have internals on the self before than and you would have to pay for testing or r&d. But I already made the offer once. Can't wait until you get the new turbo set up

Russ
Russ, I may be interested, but I've researched the livernois pistons and their ringland design and it's pretty slick. They are charging $1,499. I'm getting ahead of myself here since this is 4 months out, but do you have pics of the piston head and rod design for me to take a gander at?

Thanks!

me32

1000 Post Club
Your car is a quick thing right now. It's gonna really hurt feelings when you do the stage 4

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
QQ... Staged upgrades seem to vary from community to community... Is a larger turbo not Stage 4 for us? I'd think you'd be going into something lol Stage 4+ when getting into internals.

OP
pwnall1337

pwnall1337

Vendor
Thread Starter #126
Got the windows tinted today and the "got boost" decal installed + 50 hp min.

Window tint at no cost courtesy of my connections with my ford dealer. It's not been a fun week here in Texas as It's been over 100 degrees every day. I've been keeping the fiesta under 4 lbs of boost while driving to keep her extra safe. I think [MENTION=1098]drag4life723[/MENTION] is going to sell me a flexfuel sensor and assuming the cobb software can auto adjust my fuel based on the alcohol % I'll probably mix my own e30 at the pump instead of running meth injection. With the flex fuel sensor I shouldn't have to worry too much about the content.

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Got the windows tinted today and the "got boost" decal installed + 50 hp min.

Window tint at no cost courtesy of my connections with my ford dealer. It's not been a fun week here in Texas as It's been over 100 degrees every day. I've been keeping the fiesta under 4 lbs of boost while driving to keep her extra safe. I think [MENTION=1098]drag4life723[/MENTION] is going to sell me a flexfuel sensor and assuming the cobb software can auto adjust my fuel based on the alcohol % I'll probably mix my own e30 at the pump instead of running meth injection. With the flex fuel sensor I shouldn't have to worry too much about the content.

Cobb can not auto adjust. :/ it is only for knowing what your mix is.

Russ

OP
pwnall1337

pwnall1337

Vendor
Thread Starter #128
Cobb can not auto adjust. :/ it is only for knowing what your mix is.

Russ
Well that's a huge let down. I had hptuners on my c6z06 and the flex fuel sensor worked nicely. I guess I'll be running 100% meth with aux fuel then as I don't trust my mixing skills.

Ok guys, So I'm already working on Stage 4. Here's what happens in November. I'll be removing my cobb turbo back and parts of my ATP gtx2860r kit in favor of DHM parts and MBRP exhaust from [MENTION=348]ModBargains[/MENTION].

Here's what's going on in November:

DHM GTX EWG Manifold
Tial Vband Exhaust Housing
Tial MVS WG
DHM EWG Dump Tube
DHM GTX Kit DP
DHM Charge Pipe
Vband clamps, Tbolt Clamps, Misc
3" MBRP Cat Back System
Stratified/DHM Xtra? Aux Fuel System

Along with the parts install, I'll be ordering a custom set of pistons/rods from Livernois Motorsports. I'm paying for R&D/Testing/Fab time as they don't currently offering the setup, but it's still cheaper than their 3.5 Ecoboost Internals. The Piston/Rods will take 10-12 weeks for delivery from order so I'm going to place the order In November to ensure I have them by January for the rebuild. The DHM parts will reduce my spool times from 4,500 rpm to 3,200->3,600 rpm range. My goal is to make 380 whp on the gtx2860r turbo with 100% meth injection using an alky system. I should be pushing 310-315 whp to keep my stock pistons very safe. Then in January I'm going to shoot for 380 whp revving to 8K rpm.
Have you looked at Puma in UK for parts? They sell Piper Cams (stage 1-4) for $900 and Supertech rods and pistons for $1325. I'm waiting to see if Livernois does a plate to fill the open deck like they did the 3.5... I have the Quaife LSD and it's a must or all your "pulls" will wiggle along! I'll look for you next time I'm in San Antonio

OP
pwnall1337

pwnall1337

Vendor
Thread Starter #130
Have you looked at Puma in UK for parts? They sell Piper Cams (stage 1-4) for $900 and Supertech rods and pistons for $1325. I'm waiting to see if Livernois does a plate to fill the open deck like they did the 3.5... I have the Quaife LSD and it's a must or all your "pulls" will wiggle along! I'll look for you next time I'm in San Antonio

Installed stage 4 today [MENTION=9]rodmoe[/MENTION] [MENTION=670]me32[/MENTION]

Did the stage 4 come with springs? 3mm higher lift seems suspect for stock springs. I'm waiting to hear back from them about a Kevlar reinforced/lined timing belt...

OP
pwnall1337

pwnall1337

Vendor
Thread Starter #132

Did the stage 4 come with springs? 3mm higher lift seems suspect for stock springs. I'm waiting to hear back from them about a Kevlar reinforced/lined timing belt...
All that plus more :p

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
I had you pegged for getting a Focus RS lol. Anyway congrats, feel free to continue your Mustang build in this thread since I'm already subscribed.[biggrin]

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
I had you pegged for getting a Focus RS lol. Anyway congrats, feel free to continue your Mustang build in this thread since I'm already subscribed.[biggrin]
He may have one or two of them yet too its only August... ;) lol jk goodluck with the GT

OP
pwnall1337

pwnall1337

Vendor
Thread Starter #137
Thanks guys. Going to be getting my gibson pipes again, green filter and sct bama tuner in november. In january it's getting a blower.