Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Sync 3 v3.0 released

And the android auto which is what i use the most its really having issues left and right...i need that work well...

No attitude was given man...i have a very good relationship with my service advisor..but the tech is not that good unfortunately...he has a story at that dealer....he is the one that wants to charge 100.00...he is a contractor..sonthat tells you right there whats up..lol..the last ford rep at corporate was pretty nice as well..this has all been documented....i just think the previous experience of corporate saying that was user error was not right..when i have followed every step to the dot.....and to charge a customer for reprograming due to an update snaffu like its happening to a lot of non nav customers aint right.....hell the sync system is still the current system...and the car is only a year old!!! Imagine if your cell phone,tv or computer with less than a year failed due to an update...we know that electronics go obsolete fast, but if your factory warranty is 3 years, then it should cover, updates, repairs replacement of parts...thats why i called bull........so... we will see.
Oh! Well that explains it then! I understand you now.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

maestromaestro

1000 Post Club
And the android auto which is what i use the most its really having issues left and right...i need that work well...
No AA over BT, not yet. So, USB tether is required. And, it is slow to boot up - at least in my case, as I haven't tried to switch the 2015MY hub with the 2016MY one.

In my GT350R - booting up to AA is very quick after connecting the phone to the hub.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Well, Ford corporate did call, and they are going to contact the service manager at my dealer to see if a solution can be found that is mutually beneficial for all parties. So..we will see....Ill post more updates.....

No AA over BT, not yet. So, USB tether is required. And, it is slow to boot up - at least in my case, as I haven't tried to switch the 2015MY hub with the 2016MY one.

In my GT350R - booting up to AA is very quick after connecting the phone to the hub.

Same here, slow and a tad laggy and have to be tethered no AA over BT. This is what confused me the most. I thought AA would work over BT :(

XanRules

Android Auto has been having issues for a while anyway, i do not believe it is related to the update. I have not updated yet so I can't be sure.

Android Auto does NOT work over BT, you need a USB cable.

XanRules

Anybody decided to live dangerously and use a smaller flash drive? The update says 2.2gb and I don't have anything bigger than 16gb in the house. Ford INSISTS you need 32gb, and I will defer to them otherwise.

lan.n

I followed this thread to help me get official v3.0 from v2.3 on my 16' non nav. Post #200 and on. But you can read the whole thread as I did to get a better understanding.

It worked for me! Called Ford and it didn't help and went to the dealer too. Said it was a service issue on Ford ends. I call BS.

https://www.f150forum.com/f118/sync-3-technical-discussion-399837/index35/

Anybody decided to live dangerously and use a smaller flash drive? The update says 2.2gb and I don't have anything bigger than 16gb in the house. Ford INSISTS you need 32gb, and I will defer to them otherwise.
As long as it fits on the flash drive, you are ok. I did both, an 8gb (fail) and then went out and bought a 32gb. Failed the same way.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

maestromaestro

1000 Post Club
That's correct. Did a system reset, formatted it properly and it still failed

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
It may be sensitive to the order of the unzipped files. Unzip the files with Windows explorer, and move them on to a memory stick. I don't think that exFAT formatting is critical, and neither is the size. I used an exFAT 8GB, and it worked both times, 2.3 and 3.0.

It may be sensitive to the order of the unzipped files. Unzip the files with Windows explorer, and move them on to a memory stick. I don't think that exFAT formatting is critical, and neither is the size. I used an exFAT 8GB, and it worked both times, 2.3 and 3.0.

The extraction order has nothing to do with it. It is pretty much confirmed that the issue is due to lack of physical memory on the '16 non. I unzipped the files directly over to my microcenter 16gb usb drive and attempted to update. After a few minutes I got the mem_003 error.

I researched and found the same site referenced by Ian.n in post 88 of this thread. The 'prep' file drive that Acool, from the f150forum site, came up with worked perfectly. I updated first with the prep drive, got the 'update successful' msg, powered down, opened and closed the door to ensure everything is powered down, waited a couple mins, turned on the car, reinserted the very same drive that gave me the mem_003 error, got the 'first part of the install was successful' msg, did the power down routine again, waited another couple mins, turned on car again, reinserted the update drive again, and got the 'install successful' msg. Confirmed on the settings screen that i'm on v3.0 now and GraceNotes shows up.

For '16 non owners who are experiencing the mem_003 error. There is a solution. It just takes a little more work but it's better than arguing with Ford or your dealer over it.

DEss

The extraction order has nothing to do with it. It is pretty much confirmed that the issue is due to lack of physical memory on the '16 non. I unzipped the files directly over to my microcenter 16gb usb drive and attempted to update. After a few minutes I got the mem_003 error.

I researched and found the same site referenced by Ian.n in post 88 of this thread. The 'prep' file drive that Acool, from the f150forum site, came up with worked perfectly. I updated first with the prep drive, got the 'update successful' msg, powered down, opened and closed the door to ensure everything is powered down, waited a couple mins, turned on the car, reinserted the very same drive that gave me the mem_003 error, got the 'first part of the install was successful' msg, did the power down routine again, waited another couple mins, turned on car again, reinserted the update drive again, and got the 'install successful' msg. Confirmed on the settings screen that i'm on v3.0 now and GraceNotes shows up.

For '16 non owners who are experiencing the mem_003 error. There is a solution. It just takes a little more work but it's better than arguing with Ford or your dealer over it.

DEss
You're the real MVP.

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Does anyone have a copy of the official sync 3 version 2.2 for non navigation? Because I updated to the unofficial build of Sync 3 Version 3.0, the USB will not start the update of the official Version 3.0 Build. From my research it looks like I first need to downgrade but of course Ford took down the official files for 2.2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

maestromaestro

1000 Post Club
Does anyone have a copy of the official sync 3 version 2.2 for non navigation? Because I updated to the unofficial build of Sync 3 Version 3.0, the USB will not start the update of the official Version 3.0 Build. From my research it looks like I first need to downgrade but of course Ford took down the official files for 2.2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
https://www.dropbox.com/s/bp7y9kgba9u0f4b/JL1T-14G381-AJ.zip?dl=0

That's the best I can do for you. I'm not sure if this is a 2.2, or a 2.3 (likely latter).

XanRules

Huh, I guess I have a non-nav. I've got the big gauge hood that suggests I have nav, but there's no navigation system installed. Not sure if I should give this a shot or not [8]

XanRules

What's a "big gauge hood"?

Sorry, that was a little vague, wasn't it?

When purchasing aftermarket interior parts, I've always seen stuff that fits into this gauge cluster as "non nav"

and stuff that looks like this as "nav"

There is a physical difference like this in trim levels of the FoST as well, I was under the impression that such a physical difference would carry over into the FiST. Am I mistaken, and all FiSTs look like option 2, the only difference is if it has navigation software installed or not?

maestromaestro

1000 Post Club
Sorry, that was a little vague, wasn't it?

When purchasing aftermarket interior parts, I've always seen stuff that fits into this gauge cluster as "non nav"

and stuff that looks like this as "nav"

There is a physical difference like this in trim levels of the FoST as well, I was under the impression that such a physical difference would carry over into the FiST. Am I mistaken, and all FiSTs look like option 2, the only difference is if it has navigation software installed or not?
Different trim levels have different radios, at least as far as controls go. Depending on the MY, FiSTs would have a My Ford Touch Sync 1, Sync 2, or Sync 3 screens and comm modules. However, there's no telling whether a particular combo is a NAV or non-NAV. The difference is not overt: if there's an actual antenna present that is hooked to the APIM, then it's (likely) a NAV unit. But - you can't tell by just looking at these.

I bought a combo from a junk yard, and happened to be a NAV unit, but they sent it to me without the antenna - so I could only tell when it powered up.