Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Stratified Burlble tune..

Does anyone have a video clip of what the stratified stage 1 with the burbles sounds like with oem down pipe and oem cat back? Is it worth it? Also what type of a muffler or cat back can be added with minimal drone or difference when cruising but adding a bit of a note to the exhaust and opening up the sound?

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I have its V3 version from stratified....and I have another tune without it to switch too!

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

OP
Jadar
Thread Starter #5
I have its V3 version from stratified....and I have another tune without it to switch too!

This is exactly how I would want it as well. Are you on stick exhaust? Just wondering because I have a burble tune on my BMW from PTF/BM3 and it gets annoying at times tbh, but I run a 200cel DP non resonated exhaust.

I was really curious to see what it sounds like on a stock exhaust FiSt.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Yes I have stock exhaust still...will be going Thermal really soon!

Bluedrank

I'd be careful. Numerous people report killing their stock cat and damaging 02 sensors when using the crackle tune on stock exhaust / downpipe. One guy on reddit swears it damaged his engine itself, but that's just one report.

OP
Jadar
Thread Starter #9
I'd be careful. Numerous people report killing their stock cat and damaging 02 sensors when using the crackle tune on stock exhaust / downpipe. One guy on reddit swears it damaged his engine itself, but that's just one report.
I can imagine it would screw with the oem cat. Itā€™s really just extra fueling that they use to get the effect. I know with my BMW tune thatā€™s how itā€™s done. It gets annoying after a while anyway, I was curious how it sounds.

From what I saw if you just do a catback yiu get some nice tone and a bit of a rumble that would suffice for me as long as thereā€™s no drone at highway speeds.

It's pretty minimal inside I find, not bothersome IMO, but I like to hear the car all around.
Also from Strat own site:
**We have not tested all exhausts for sound quality nor do we have any data on the long-term effects of this feature on the catalytic converter. However, we have found that exhaust gas temperatures have stayed relatively the same and catalytic converter temperatures had no significant increase compared to having no crackles.**

I can't recommend their tunes enough, it's honestly a new car after both stock and the Cobb OTS tunes.

OP
Jadar
Thread Starter #11
It's pretty minimal inside I find, not bothersome IMO, but I like to hear the car all around.
**We have not tested all exhausts for sound quality nor do we have any data on the long-term effects of this feature on the catalytic converter. However, we have found that exhaust gas temperatures have stayed relatively the same and catalytic converter temperatures had no significant increase compared to having no crackles.**

I can't recommend their tunes enough, it's honestly a new car after both stock and the Cobb OTS tunes.
Ya for sure Iā€™m getting an AP and one of their tunes. All the research here and questions point their way. Just broke my car in and ready for the next step.

OP
Jadar
Thread Starter #12

I just picked up an AP and loaded the stage 1 map and I was happy with how it had a lot of torque at highway speed especially in 5th and 6th. So decided on a Stratified stage 1 with 93 octane and option to refine map. I loaded it yesterday and WOW! Itā€™s in a whole different league. Havenā€™t driven much or far but the response is amazing and I picked the linear throttle. Very happy.

I just picked up an AP and loaded the stage 1 map and I was happy with how it had a lot of torque at highway speed especially in 5th and 6th. So decided on a Stratified stage 1 with 93 octane and option to refine map. I loaded it yesterday and WOW! Itā€™s in a whole different league. Havenā€™t driven much or far but the response is amazing and I picked the linear throttle. Very happy.
Yep, I have always liked Stratified Products. Sometimes they can be slow, but their tunes both custom and e-tune are great.

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
Don't you love that linear throttle? It's like there's an actual metal cable connected from the gas pedal to the throttle body. Imagine that!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

OP
Jadar
Thread Starter #15
Don't you love that linear throttle? It's like there's an actual metal cable connected from the gas pedal to the throttle body. Imagine that!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
When I first left the driveway I had to re learn to drive and operate the clutch, lol itā€™s not lazy anymore. Not the fastest car Iā€™ve had by any means but I snapped myself I didnā€™t expect it to be so touchy and itā€™s insanly smooth. Canā€™t wait to send them some logs to see if thereā€™s room for tweaks and a more custom stage 1 setup. Very pleased here and thankful to all that reccomended Strat to me.

Last edited:

danbfree

3000 Post Club
When I first left the driveway I had to re learn to drive and operate the clutch, lol itā€™s now lazy anymore. Not the fastest car Iā€™ve had by any means but I snapped myself I didnā€™t expect it to be so touchy and itā€™s insanly smooth. Canā€™t wait to send them some logs to see if thereā€™s room for tweaks and a more custom stage 1 setup. Very pleased here and thankful to all that reccomended Strat to me.
Yeah, Stratified has always been good for the money, but the new 4.0 version out since 5/12/18 is a whole new world of power and refinement, there is literally no better bang for the buck tune for our cars... I had to re-learn how to drive it with such better throttle response too, congrats and have fun!