Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New Mexico Area Fiesta ST Group - Lets get this started!

Hey everyone,

I am going to get a thread started for all the Local New Mexico area Fiesta ST people (or anyone else nearby who might be interested). I have contacted multiple members here on the forum already regarding interest in a local gathering so I am just putting this up to start getting peoples input in what type events they would be interested in attending.

I am in the Albuquerque/Rio Rancho area as are most people I have talked to already, but I don’t want to limit it in case someone wants to make the drive to a meet sometime.

The one first event I would like to get going would be a casual Park BBQ. I have park in the N.E. Albuquerque area I know of that has a great parking lot area inside the park and is usually not too crowded. I am flexible though if anyone else has any good locations in mind, let me know and I check it out.

I like the park because it lets people come and go on a relaxed schedule over a few hours; people can eat or just drop by to say hello, it would be kid and pet friendly, etc…

I am thinking June 16th at a target date for the first meet up. [party]

I would like to hear about other ideas people have for getting together. So feel free to chime in with suggestions for venues, events, times and dates. If you prefer to discuss something off-line feel free to message me on the forum (PM) and I will be sure to get back to you.

Also, If you know any interested owners around, that may not be on the forum, let them know they are invited.

Look forward to meeting up with everyone.

Brett

Sounds pretty cool Brett! Sadly I won't have my car by then, but I might still pop by and say hi!

Was thinking "NM FiSTers" might be a nice group/club name. [histerical]

OP
psiaddict1
Thread Starter #3
Sounds pretty cool Brett! Sadly I won't have my car by then, but I might still pop by and say hi!

Was thinking "NM FiSTers" might be a nice group/club name. [histerical]
Yes, that name briefly popped into my head as well... however it might draw a crowd that we did not expect...[hihi]

Don't worry about the car, stop by and say Hi... hopefully we will get enough interest to do another event soon after.

I was thinking like once a month or so, unless a cool opportunity to get together comes up sooner.

Yes, that name briefly popped into my head as well... however it might draw a crowd that we did not expect...[hihi]

Don't worry about the car, stop by and say Hi... hopefully we will get enough interest to do another event soon after.

I was thinking like once a month or so, unless a cool opportunity to get together comes up sooner.

Just got word that my car should be here first week of August. [raceflag]

Hitting up Cars and Coffee at the Starbucks on Jefferson maybe once a month with a bunch of us FiSTers (ha!) might be kinda fun too. Especially if we're not all stock, which I know I won't be. [:)]

I just moved to Santa Fe and would be interested in a meet. Also, anyone have suggestions for a dealer to get some warranty work done?

If it weren’t the old ladies birthday weekend I’d stop by for a meet on the 16th.

I’d definitely be interested in a crest run or Jemez cruise or something though.

OP
psiaddict1
Thread Starter #9
Just got word that my car should be here first week of August. [raceflag]

Hitting up Cars and Coffee at the Starbucks on Jefferson maybe once a month with a bunch of us FiSTers (ha!) might be kinda fun too. Especially if we're not all stock, which I know I won't be. [:)]
Yes, I think that would be cool, I have been meaning to try to get out to a Cars and Coffee also.

OP
psiaddict1
Thread Starter #10
I just moved to Santa Fe and would be interested in a meet. Also, anyone have suggestions for a dealer to get some warranty work done?

[MENTION=3495]NJBooST[/MENTION]

Not a ton of options. You've got Capital Ford up there, or there's Rich, Power, and Don Chalmer's Ford in Abq.
I have never worked with Capitol Ford so I have no opinion there.

I bought my 08 Escape from Rich Ford and did not have any issues, smooth transaction overall. However, I usually go to Chalmers Ford for Service (mostly due to convenience) and have typically had good service there.

I do not recommend the Paint shop there as they could not get my body trim on my Mazda to my satisfaction after I had minor fender bender repaired there.

Just one persons experience for your reference... [biggrin]

Yes, I think that would be cool, I have been meaning to try to get out to a Cars and Coffee also.
It's pretty cool. Never know what's going to show up there. Lambos, Ferraris, obviously tons of Porches and Vettes, a McLaren or 2, even seen a couple Bentleys and Rolls Royces. It's always a good time.

OP
psiaddict1
Thread Starter #12
It's pretty cool. Never know what's going to show up there. Lambos, Ferraris, obviously tons of Porches and Vettes, a McLaren or 2, even seen a couple Bentleys and Rolls Royces. It's always a good time.
Well looks like there is Meet every Saturday, so I am going to head over tomorrow morning to check it out, come on out if you can. Maybe I will see you there.

A good ol cruise to Madrid is always a fun drive. I like the flexibility of a park meet too. There’s a nice park up by the foothills near the Lomas Tramway area. That could be cool.
I haven’t met many of the local FiST owners so I’d be down for a meet up.
Weekends or evenings are best for me. The 16th is Fathers’ Day weekend. Might be a bad time for some people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
psiaddict1
Thread Starter #14
A good ol cruise to Madrid is always a fun drive. I like the flexibility of a park meet too. There’s a nice park up by the foothills near the Lomas Tramway area. That could be cool.
I haven’t met many of the local FiST owners so I’d be down for a meet up.
Weekends or evenings are best for me. The 16th is Fathers’ Day weekend. Might be a bad time for some people.

Yes, Thanks for reminding me.... I realized that after I picked that day on the calendar, I think we will need to move it to a different day.

I dont want to put it off too far, but maybe June 30th is a better day for people?

Thinking about coming up to meet. Any idea on time window? End of April we drove 15 north of Silver City to the cliff dwellings. Great road - slow but real twisty.

June 30th sounds perfect for me. Anyone know of good roads east of Albuquerque headed towards Mountainair? I’ve driven that way once or twice and it’s beautiful.

OP
psiaddict1
Thread Starter #17
Well, just got back from the Cars and Coffee meet this morning, it was pretty cool.

Lots of Nice cars coming and going....Several Lamborghini's, a Ferrari or two, corvette and Porsche clubs out in force, Its all very casual.

I saw several Focus RS's but did not meet the owners. I did meet a few cool car people, even caught up with another Fiesta ST guy, new in town, he was not on this forum yet, so I invited him to join up.

I will try to make a few more this month, maybe we can get a few other locals to show up and put faces to names.

Well, just got back from the Cars and Coffee meet this morning, it was pretty cool.

Lots of Nice cars coming and going....Several Lamborghini's, a Ferrari or two, corvette and Porsche clubs out in force, Its all very casual.

I saw several Focus RS's but did not meet the owners. I did meet a few cool car people, even caught up with another Fiesta ST guy, new in town, he was not on this forum yet, so I invited him to join up.

I will try to make a few more this month, maybe we can get a few other locals to show up and put faces to names.

Nice. I saw the pics on FB for this week's meet and it looked like a pretty good turnout. Even a brand new Hurican Performante showed up!

I had plans this week but hopefully can make it out next Saturday for a little while at least.

OP
psiaddict1
Thread Starter #19
June 30th sounds perfect for me. Anyone know of good roads east of Albuquerque headed towards Mountainair? I’ve driven that way once or twice and it’s beautiful.

Great to hear, I will plan on being available June 30th, I will start working on logistics for a casual meet up.

The park I am thinking of is called Heritage hills park - 7015 Ventura Ave NE, Albuquerque, NM 87109

We can park down inside the park and eat/hang out etc.. while being near the cars. If anyone has a better place in mind I am flexible.

OP
psiaddict1
Thread Starter #20
Nice. I saw the pics on FB for this week's meet and it looked like a pretty good turnout. Even a brand new Hurican Performante showed up!

I had plans this week but hopefully can make it out next Saturday for a little while at least.
I will try to make it out also, I already have some things going on in the afternoon so I will not stay too long this time but it would be cool to see another owner around.