Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

First mod... EIBACH Pros

Just hit 800 miles on my FiST. Having a good time so far

It's nearly impossible to keep a car stock, so here's the first mod.

Eibach springs and some caliper paint

Need some more seat time, but I'm liking them so far. Definitely less brake dive and body roll. Ride is pretty close to the same

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Just hit 800 miles on my FiST. Having a good time so far

It's nearly impossible to keep a car stock, so here's the first mod.

Eibach springs and some caliper paint

Need some more seat time, but I'm liking them so far. Definitely less brake dive and body roll. Ride is pretty close to the same
Wow, ride is pretty much the same with now having progressive rate springs? I found the stock suspension extremely bouncy the first couple of thousand miles but now at over 4000 miles is just still a little too unforgiving and was hoping progressive springs would help that!

OP
I
Thread Starter #4
Wow, ride is pretty much the same with now having progressive rate springs? I found the stock suspension extremely bouncy the first couple of thousand miles but now at over 4000 miles is just still a little too unforgiving and was hoping progressive springs would help that!
If you believe the stock ride is "extremely bouncy" you would have lost your damn mind driving a RS as a DD.

FiST and FoRS are not even remotely close in ride quality.

I really like how the First rides

danbfree

3000 Post Club
If you believe the stock ride is "extremely bouncy" you would have lost your damn mind driving a RS as a DD.

Well, again, I noticed it got less bouncy after a couple thousand of miles, but still am looking for just a bit more forgiveness for road imperfections... might have to wait until tire replacement time and go for 45 series, but was hoping progressive springs could help... but the amount of drop with your Eibachs looks great!

OP
I
Thread Starter #8
Couple more photos.

I don't think I uploaded these

kevinatfms

I have Eibachs and am getting rid of them. At first they were great for daily driving but found that when pushed to the limit the progressive nature really ruined the balance of the car. They added so much push to the front end its ridiculous. On transitions they shine but going into a sweeping corner and they just want to push straight. No amount of high rear pressure could change it. Eibach needs to go back and change the rate they start at and increase it higher than the stock 172lb-in. Starting at a 90lbs-in rate is stupid soft and you can feel it. The rear springs arent as bad but i assume its due to the little amount of weight back there.

I went back to stock springs on B8 dampers for now and it seems much, much, much better. Going to look at Swift springs for the linear rate that is a touch higher than stock all around(212 lbs-in). If i dont like them either ill stick with the stock springs and eventually go coilovers.

I will say though that the Eibach springs do give a better ride versus any other springs ive tried.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
I have Eibachs and am getting rid of them. At first they were great for daily driving but found that when pushed to the limit the progressive nature really ruined the balance of the car. They added so much push to the front end its ridiculous. On transitions they shine but going into a sweeping corner and they just want to push straight. No amount of high rear pressure could change it. Eibach needs to go back and change the rate they start at and increase it higher than the stock 172lb-in. Starting at a 90lbs-in rate is stupid soft and you can feel it. The rear springs arent as bad but i assume its due to the little amount of weight back there.

I went back to stock springs on B8 dampers for now and it seems much, much, much better. Going to look at Swift springs for the linear rate that is a touch higher than stock all around(212 lbs-in). If i dont like them either ill stick with the stock springs and eventually go coilovers.

I will say though that the Eibach springs do give a better ride versus any other springs ive tried.
They start at 109 lb-in, not 90, just to correct semantics, but I'm sure that doesn't change how they feel to you. Just saying, let's be accurate if throwing numbers out there... And yes, many of us are shooting for the best ride, and along with the actual drop I'm sure they handle overall a little better than stock too, maybe just not in an all-out race course environment.

OP
I
Thread Starter #11
Honestly coming from my RS, the FiST is a damn Cadillac. Do the 17/18 models have softer springs I recall reading?

The Eibachs still have a bounciness on the really harsh highway bumps, but 95% of them get easily asorbed.

To be honest, I only had like 800 miles on the stock spings. Tough for me to say.

I wouldn't say they are any rougher, maybe a touch softer on the small bumps

However, the feel of the car is much improved. It feels less top heavy and more connected to the ground.

10/10 would do again

Random question, i use car ramps to change the oil on the car. With the eibachs, do you think you could still make up some ramps?

OP
I
Thread Starter #13
Random question, i use car ramps to change the oil on the car. With the eibachs, do you think you could still make up some ramps?
I just jack it up with my low pro Jack. Slides under super easy

I just recently changed to Eibach Pro's with stock shocks about 1-2 weeks ago and this has been my experience as well.

Hard bumps the ride is still just as firm as stock, and the improvement over small bumps in the road is very much appreciated as well as the aesthetics and practicality of the modest drop, but you just can't seem to push the car anywhere near to the limit of the stock springs, the car rolls a lot more throwing off the balance as [MENTION=1960]kevinatfms[/MENTION] mentioned.

I think I'd rather keep the performance of the stock springs than the comfort and appearance of the Eibachs. Going to give it another couple months or so and see how I feel about it. Might try a front torque bar or add some Koni Yellows and see if it helps before removing them.

I wish there was an option in the middle between Eibach and stock springs.

I agree! I sold my 17 RS and went back to the fiesta and the fiesta is a Cadillac compared to the RS

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
Well we have Fiestas so I don't see how that's relevant. It's about as relevant as the harsh ride on a Viper ACR or M4 GTS.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

OP
I
Thread Starter #17
Well we have Fiestas so I don't see how that's relevant. It's about as relevant as the harsh ride on a Viper ACR or M4 GTS.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
It means you guys need to stop complaining how rough the stock ride is.

It's not bad. At all