Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What did you do to your Fiesta ST today ?

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Fan speed still hasn't changed so it may be all for naught. I never really monitored temps before this tstat swap so I don't really have a good benchmark to compare it to. And I think our 95F+ days are over for the year. In the peak of summer my car used to sit at 225-227. It seems to not want to go over 208 now so I'm optimistic.
No, fair enough, was just discussing the reasons, at least the radiator flow will start 20+ degrees sooner and that should help some for sure... that the Ford 180 or the Mishimoto 160? I did hit mid 220's the rare few days it hit 100+ here, but limp mode doesn't kick in until 245 so there is still some way to go... I think of over 200 as "burning off shit mode", I think it's good as long as you can keep charge temps under 140 for power... My Strat tune has a very aggressive fan profile whole my Dizzy doesn't but didn't get it early enough to see how it related to temps in hot weather.

Went down to Mountune Usa in Carson and got the RMM installed. Wow what a difference! No wonder everyone gets one. Not only are the shifts smoother and the bucking is gone, so is the torque steer!

In the afternoon I took a drive up Chevy Chase then Angeles Crest. I had a fast Veloster turbo to chase down and a 535i breathing down my neck. FiST held its own and I had fun. Great street car now but springs and more power are needed to make it a more legit canyon carver.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
then perhaps lower mileage and more carbon buildup? LOL... who the hell knows what any real downsides there are to running a lower temp thermostat
I could see the above (and would actually expect it!) with the Mishi 160* thermostat, but it is less likely with the Ford 180* part, which they themselves include in their recall/TSB as part of an actual 'fix'. [wink]

Alex has the Motorcraft 180* installed, BTW, according to his posts on that thread.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
I could see the above (and would actually expect it!) with the Mishi 160* thermostat, but it is less likely with the Ford 180* part, which they themselves include in their recall/TSB as part of an actual 'fix'. [wink]

Alex has the Motorcraft 180* installed, BTW, according to his posts on that thread.
Ah! Makes total sense then!

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

DangerMouse

Rear seats? Also wish could find way to fix this.
Both front seats. Rears don't rattle or I havet't noticed it yet due to the rattles up front. I have recaros btw.

The felt tape worked perfect on the hvac, but now I can hear a rubbing sound from the guage cluster. I haven't looked into the difficulty of removing the cluster but it will need some felt tape as well.

The drivers seat rattle sounds like it's the plastic by the lever but I cat't be sure, the passenger seat I have no idea either and it's empty 99% of the time. Usually I only have my daughter in the back and we use my wife's car for family time.

I've been living with it this long so I'm not going crazy over it but if can remedy it easily, it would make me happy.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
On Sunday I did the manual gearbox oil change... of course I was an idiot and opened the top fill hole all the way instead of only cracking it a bit and instead of getting the glug, glug, glug I was trying to avoid it came out all over, totally forgot about that tip! Anyway, I couldn't get an accurate reading of how much came out but I doubt it was a full 1.6L/1.67qt. I put in about 1.95L from struggling to pump it up in (Just get a long tube funnel, easier to fill that way from the top) but now shifting is clearly a bit smoother, a bit less clunky from 1st to 2nd and no more 6th gear whine! I used Ravenol MTF-2, as it happens to meet exact Ford spec, but of course there are a lot of options out there but I think everyone should do this if they haven't yet!

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Haha, whoops! I just barely cracked open the fill plug when I did mine, and I still needed to shield my lower suspension arm from the stream. That stock fluid really is like water, I swear.
Well the good thing is I have my Traction Bar to install this weekend, maybe getting some of that gear oil on that driver side will make it easier to break that nut free! :)

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
That's the way mine look but I used switch backs. White running light orange blinker.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Which type of Led was used for the headlights?
for the park and turn signal? I used these. I haven't decided on the actual headlight low beam yet. I just know LED for sure and something that will fit in the enclosure with the back cover on.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

for the park and turn signal? I used these. I haven't decided on the actual headlight low beam yet. I just know LED for sure and something that will fit in the enclosure with the back cover on.

I’m guessing you have hyper flashing (?) how did you the load resistors since the plastic covers has built in connectors?

I’m guessing you have hyper flashing (?) how did you the load resistors since the plastic covers has built in connectors?
haven't figure it out yet. But I'll grab a wiring diagram for the harness and figure it out or find it on the forum somewhere

anticon

I got my Ramair Induction Hose and '14-15 evap lines installed. Almost there on the build, I just need the DV+ and crossover pipe. I bought a DV+ used and it should be on it's way today. I could not tell what that rear evap connection goes to, does anyone know? The other connections go to the induction hose, the intake manifold, and the cold side charge pipe, I assume under boost a check valve closes the evap connection to the induction hose, and under vacuum it opens up?

Here is a pic of the rear evap connection. The blue circle is the line from the intake side.
r

First time changing oil on the Fiesta. Never seen this brand of oil filter [emoji58] sucker was baked in there good too.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk