Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Any sweet sweet halloween deals coming?

Trader history for Clint Beastwood (2)

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
Thinking about grabbing a tune, figured I'd ask first.

Also, if I do the combo tune, does that include S1, S2, AND E30?

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Thinking about grabbing a tune, figured I'd ask first.

Also, if I do the combo tune, does that include S1, S2, AND E30?
I can tell you Jason likes to keep e30 on a different tune vs. a different map selection on the same tune for engine safety... but the combo tune would indeed include either 91 or 93 AND a separate e30 file and each of them has a low boost eco-mode on map 2 that's switchable.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
If it would have been ready in time, absolutely!
Soooo, just to pry a little, would we be looking at something like you did for Labor Day with a free e30 included when we buy the regular fuel tune? Us happy customers have been singing the praises of your awesome tune and would love to help push more people your way! :)

Soooo, just to pry a little, would we be looking at something like you did for Labor Day with a free e30 included when we buy the regular fuel tune? Us happy customers have been singing the praises of your awesome tune and would love to help push more people your way! :)
That's the one! It was so successful last time, why wouldn't I offer it again! LOL.
You guys rock. [like]

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Hmmm, now for a discount on custom tuning for those of us who LOVE the flash tune but want to do some revisions for MOHR POWER! :)

OP
Clint Beastwood

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #12
ok ok ok ok woo how do I order the sweet halloween dealie

edit: sorry I quit caffeine a few months ago and just had my first redbull in a long time woooo

ok ok ok ok woo how do I order the sweet halloween dealie

edit: sorry I quit caffeine a few months ago and just had my first redbull in a long time woooo
Haha, no worries!
You just need to order the pump gas tune (flash or custom), and I will automatically include the E30 tune. It's that simple!

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Yes! If you order a pump gas tune with the DizzyPop option, you will receive the FREE E30 tune also with a DizzyPop tune file!
So for those of us enjoying your pump and e30 from before, if we do the "touch up e-tune" under custom tunes, it would cover refining both of them too? Absolutely love your tunes, but I can tell I have a lot left on the table and would love to get both my 93 and e30 tweaked for more power.

So for those of us enjoying your pump and e30 from before, if we do the "touch up e-tune" under custom tunes, it would cover refining both of them too? Absolutely love your tunes, but I can tell I have a lot left on the table and would love to get both my 93 and e30 tweaked for more power.
Unfortunately, I do not see much room for improvement on most logs I see from my Flash Tunes. I typically like to keep boost and timing levels safe, unless verifying power gains on a chassis dyno. With that being said, my Flash Tune already pushes the 1.6L Ecoboost pretty close to it's mechanical limits. My custom tune option is really more desisgned for vehicles that DO NOT respond well to the Flash Tune, and need further refining (ie. 91 octane Cali or Canada fuel is usually very poor).

However! I have a new Flash Tune dropping for you guys very soon, that I think you will really like!
Something no one has ever released before for our platform! [shhh]

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Unfortunately, I do not see much room for improvement on most logs I see from my Flash Tunes. I typically like to keep boost and timing levels safe, unless verifying power gains on a chassis dyno. With that being said, my Flash Tune already pushes the 1.6L Ecoboost pretty close to it's mechanical limits. My custom tune option is really more desisgned for vehicles that DO NOT respond well to the Flash Tune, and need further refining (ie. 91 octane Cali or Canada fuel is usually very poor).

However! I have a new Flash Tune dropping for you guys very soon, that I think you will really like!
Something no one has ever released before for our platform! [shhh]
Interesting! Just comparing, Cobb uses tons of timing vs. high boost and flash tune "S" uses high boost and mid amounts of timing and feels REALLY strong, do you really see yours as the true safe limit with what you've dialed in?

I'm asking with true respect for your tuning abilities, what is the concern with pushing timing a bit more if we have all kinds of safety checks in place anyway? I've noticed very few negative corrections even with tunes pushing a full five degrees of positive correction available while running step colder plugs. I think yours pushes quite a bit more aggressive on e30 vs. 93, which I agree is the safer way to go, just curious your thoughts, thanks man!

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

Interesting! Just comparing, Cobb uses tons of timing vs. high boost and flash tune "S" uses high boost and mid amounts of timing and feels REALLY strong, do you really see yours as the true safe limit with what you've dialed in?

I'm asking with true respect for your tuning abilities, what is the concern with pushing timing a bit more if we have all kinds of safety checks in place anyway? I've noticed very few negative corrections even with tunes pushing a full five degrees of positive correction available while running step colder plugs. I think yours pushes quite a bit more aggressive on e30 vs. 93, which I agree is the safer way to go, just curious your thoughts, thanks man!

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk
There may be slight room for improvement on the 93 tune, I will agree there. But on an ethanol mix tune, I would really want to verify gains on a chassis dyno.

Just because you are not seeing corrections, does not mean that added timing will yield more power. Depending on the fuel quality, we could actually push timing past MBT, and power would plateau and begin to fall off, all while still NOT seeing any corrections! It's this point (MBT) that needs to be determined on the chassis dyno, and not through street tuning/e-tuning. MBT was determined on my test vehicle, and my Flash Tunes bring you very close to that timing value, all while keeping things safe. I hope this makes sense!

danbfree

3000 Post Club
There may be slight room for improvement on the 93 tune, I will agree there. But on an ethanol mix tune, I would really want to verify gains on a chassis dyno.

Just because you are not seeing corrections, does not mean that added timing will yield more power. Depending on the fuel quality, we could actually push timing past MBT, and power would plateau and begin to fall off, all while still NOT seeing any corrections! It's this point (MBT) that needs to be determined on the chassis dyno, and not through street tuning/e-tuning. MBT was determined on my test vehicle, and my Flash Tunes bring you very close to that timing value, all while keeping things safe. I hope this makes sense!
This absolutely does, and makes total sense, thanks for explaining further! We definitely know it's REALLY easy to hit MBT with e30, that's for sure, I'm sure that's why your e30 tune doesn't even need much more than 93 total octane to max out, but on 93 is where I felt there was a little more "there" for the taking... anyway, looking forward to whatever mysterious new feature you're gonna add! :)