Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Is anyone running Whiteline springs?

I just saw on whiteline’s website that they have lowering springs for our car. Not sure how long they’ve been on the market but I haven’t read any reviews of them. Is anyone running them that could chime in on the performance?

It’s interesting that the spring rate is stiffer than swift springs and the rear spring rate is stiffer than the front, which is backwards from almost all the springs on the market. They’re also progressive which is interesting considering how stiff they are.

I emailed whiteline to confirm if the spring rates listed are correct and to verify that the rear springs are indeed stiffer than the front. I’ll update the post when I hear back from them.

Here’s the website listing: https://whitelineperformance.com/collections/all/products/coil-springs-lowered-1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
U
Thread Starter #3
245Lbs/Fr 250Lbs/Rear is unique for springs on the market but the whitelines are 201Lbs/Fr 241Lbs/Rear which is a much bigger difference front to rear. It's also interesting that they provide a 15mm drop in the front and 30mm drop in the rear. I don't know of any springs that have that much more of a drop in the rear on the market. I just think they possibly have the specs for front and rear backwards in their listing online. I'll update when I hear from them.

OP
U
Thread Starter #4
Update: Whiteline got back to me and confirmed that the front is indeed stiffer than the rear and that there is a 30mm drop all around.

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Update: Whiteline got back to me and confirmed that the front is indeed stiffer than the rear and that there is a 30mm drop all around.

I inquired about these a while ago when I found them on a UK site but them fell off the radar / thanks for the "re-up"
The local whiteline WH has them so I have a few sets on the way, Maybe will try these on our new 2018 FiST
And they are now on our site[thumb]

OP
U
Thread Starter #6
I inquired about these a while ago when I found them on a UK site but them fell off the radar / thanks for the "re-up"
The local whiteline WH has them so I have a few sets on the way, Maybe will try these on our new 2018 FiST
It’d be awesome if you tested them out and posted a review, I can’t find a single one online. I’m torn between these and Swifts. They seem comparable and I know both companies are very experienced in making cars handle well not just look good and drive comfortably. Someone buy these from Ron and test them!

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Hey Ron, toss me a set, I’ll review them!
I'll send you a set for 20% off
I'm going to install a set on my 2018 Magnetic along with a whiteline rear sway bar but as well but time usually isn't on my side with installs
message me if interested or anyone else / 1st person gets the deal to try them [like]

me32

1000 Post Club
Do you plan to install them on the stock struts and shocks or aftermarket?

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Do you plan to install them on the stock struts and shocks or aftermarket?
we will install them on the stock ST struts and shocks with just a few hundred miles on them

also have a set going to Texas for a review [phonecall]

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Whiteline got back to me with the spring rates.

They are:
Front - 222.7lbs/In
Rear - 165.6lbs/In

Thats about 10lbs more than the Swifts in front and and only 2lbs more in the rear. These also give you a bit more drop than the Swifts.
These are actually shaping up to be a great alternative when one looks at the price of the Swifts vs these.
Hmmm discount or not these may be hard to beat.

made in Europe as well.

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thats about 10lbs more than the Swifts in front and and only 2lbs more in the rear. These also give you a bit more drop than the Swifts.
These are actually shaping up to be a great alternative when one looks at the price of the Swifts vs these.

made in Europe as well.
great observation

OP
U
Thread Starter #16

made in Europe as well.
Speaking of the drop provided. Swift advertises that they don’t drop the car more than needed as it can negatively impact handling. From what I’ve read as long as the control arm is at least flat with the crossmember and not in a slight V shape handling shouldn’t be effected. If anyone who installs these can snap a picture of the control arm in relation to the crossmember that would be really great info to have as these seem like one of the best options for springs. They also look like they provide a “progressive spring” like swift does where there are two rates but the spring acts as a linear spring while under any suspension load and the second spring rate is just to ensure there isn’t spring slop when the suspension isn’t under load.

For comparison other progressive springs like Eibach are softer when you are driving normally and firm up when you corner aggressively. Swift’s are stiff all the time as long as the car is on the ground even though they are technically progressive springs.

Speaking of the drop provided. Swift advertises that they don’t drop the car more than needed as it can negatively impact handling. From what I’ve read as long as the control arm is at least flat with the crossmember and not in a slight V shape handling shouldn’t be effected. If anyone who installs these can snap a picture of the control arm in relation to the crossmember that would be really great info to have as these seem like one of the best options for springs. They also look like they provide a “progressive spring” like swift does where there are two rates but the spring acts as a linear spring while under any suspension load and the second spring rate is just to ensure there isn’t spring slop when the suspension isn’t under load.

For comparison other progressive springs like Eibach are softer when you are driving normally and firm up when you corner aggressively. Swift’s are stiff all the time as long as the car is on the ground even though they are technically progressive springs.

I’ll be installing these on a buddies fist as soon as they arrive, I’ll take control arm/crossmember pics.