Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Need brake fluid help.

20181107_163010.jpg
This is what my brake fluid reservoir looks like atm. Ford said they topped it off when I got my tires rotated but it doesn't look like they did. Car has 28k miles on it. Not sure why it's so low. I'm assuming I need to fill it. What brake fluid should I buy and do i just pour it in that opening? Thank you.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
All right follow that tube and you'll actually see the larger reservoir that has your level line on it. Brake fluid goes down as your brake pads wear. It's never recommended to add brake fluid because when you change the pads and you push the caliper back all that fluid in the caliper goes back up in your reservoir. If that reservoir is full or close to it due to topping off the brake fluid it would spew out the top and make a mess everywhere.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
FWIW, I needed to swap pads right around 25k.

Your rears probably need replacement soon.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using Tapatalk

All right follow that tube and you'll actually see the larger reservoir that has your level line on it. Brake fluid goes down as your brake pads wear. It's never recommended to add brake fluid because when you change the pads and you push the caliper back all that fluid in the caliper goes back up in your reservoir. If that reservoir is full or close to it due to topping off the brake fluid it would spew out the top and make a mess everywhere.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk
FWIW, I needed to swap pads right around 25k.

Your rears probably need replacement soon.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using Tapatalk
I can confirm this information, mine looks like yours right now and has for the past few weeks and my pads are very low. At 28k miles your pads are probably due. I got 25k out of my last set of OEM pads

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
View attachment 18802
This is what my brake fluid reservoir looks like atm. Ford said they topped it off when I got my tires rotated but it doesn't look like they did. Car has 28k miles on it. Not sure why it's so low. I'm assuming I need to fill it. What brake fluid should I buy and do i just pour it in that opening? Thank you.
Id be less concerned about the fluid level of the vehicle and more about keeping your windshield cowl for the wipers from acorns and leaves due to the sediment buildup overtime. But that's just me.....[party]

OP
J
Thread Starter #6
Okay, that's interesting. Does the brake wear have anything to do with the torque vectoring system?

OP
J
Thread Starter #7
Id be less concerned about the fluid level of the vehicle and more about keeping your windshield cowl for the wipers from acorns and leaves due to the sediment buildup overtime. But that's just me.....[party]
Lol, it's due for a cleaning