Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What did you do to your Fiesta ST today ?

meFiSTo

Today I repainted my dinged up two hook (I should have just left it black as it came from Jim Pierce. Sigh.). I also did my fifth data log as a sort out my MRX with Randy. Wish I had the $$$ to just rent a dyno to get these pulls consistent, but, on-ramps (imperfect as the ones are near me) will have to do.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Installed my Splitter from Triple R Composites. I ordered direct from them in England and it got here in 2 weeks.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
I want a splitter badly....dam minnesota and the ice chunks in the winter!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

brbauer2

Upper 70's, light breeze, and shade.

Great time for an overdue detail.

Washed with dish soap, clay barred w/quick detailer as lubricant, hand polish top to bottom, and finished with a double waxing top to bottom.

Spent 4 hours working and it looks great.

Only downside though is finding all the rock chips...

Also the 2JR Downpipe was delivered!

Won't get to install until next weekend most likely.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^WOW! You work FAST (and efficiently)!

It takes me about three hours just to wash, and single coat Collinite 845 everything (including 12 spoke Pro Race 1.2 wheels). [:(]

Are you using the compressor to blow off the excess water before final drying?
That does save some of the time I am wasting drying fully by hand using waffle weave microfiber.

(Or is the compressor for some sort of pneumatic orbital polisher??)

brbauer2

I didn't do anything with the plastic, glass, or wheels today, so that saved a ton of time.

Compressor was used to blow out the cracks and seams. The little breeze helped a lot with the drying time.

brbauer2

Aaaaaaaand my day freed up so I'm doing this!

The hardest part so far has been wiggling the stock DP out.

Business6

Going to try to give it a decent wash to remove all the absolutely awful hard water stains. It's bad enough that the damn sprinklers spray half way into the street but adding the 100 degree heat to cake it in...ugh. And a wash lasts less than 24 hours before that shit piles up again.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^Yeah, the sap and pollen is out of control in our area. [:(]

Just a little bit of heat (relative to our area, NOT the century+ marks of the west/midwest), and the trees all decide to 'piss' their sticky crap onto our cars. [mad]

Installed rally armor mudflaps today, have to say I'm a little disappointed in the fitment, specifically the rear. Definitely feel stupid paying $160 or whatever it was for them, lesson learned.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

Installed the Mishimoto Air Intake Kit.
Damand Oil Catch Can kit
and a Boomba Sound Symposer Delete.
Amazing how easy it is to work on this thing.

Couldn't resist, had to order a Fiesta ST Ram Air BIG MOUTH Intake from Whoosh.

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
Amazing how easy it is to work on this thing.
Couldn't agree more. I installed a Depo Racing intercooler yesterday and it was a breeze. It took just a bit over 2 hours but nearly an hour of that was messing with my damn splitter! The bumper was a breeze to remove. Every time I work on this car, I notice how accessible everything is. It's almost like Ford designed these cars to be easily serviced by the owner!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

installed the last of the pierce motorsports braces, the rear torsion bar. simple install, though was a pain to torque in such a tight space --even with the car on a 2-post lift. Oh and the other day when I was getting the car re-aligned to fix a horrible steering feel and stability control freakout, I had the shop reinstall the cp-e resonator I had deleted a month or so ago. I'm in love with how the car sounds again. If you want the car to sound raspy and be impossible to drive at normal cruising RPMs without a ton of noise, delete the resonator. I have a lightly used (2k miles) delete pipe for sale if anyone is interested :).

also installed the GFB DV+ (wow what a pain to access those little bolts. I found dropping the little plastic splash guard over the accessory belt helped. Front passenger wheel coming off is a must. Since I had that wheel off I rotated the tires. The Z2 star specs have wear bars on the center tread band. The front was only showing 2 of the 3 bands, and the rears were showing all 3. Re-adjusted the tire pressure all around, back to the factory recommended 39 psi front 36 psi rear. Somehow they were all at 33.5psi which makes me suspect the alignment shop might have played with that in figuring out what i was complaining about regarding steering feel. Apparently they hadn't compensated for how much the toe changes when the car's weight is on the suspension, so the car was a bit toe in when it was supposed to be toe out, and in corners it would switch from toe in to toe our or something, causing what i felt. It kinda sounds like maybe I have the front too low and it's compromising things, so I raised the front one thread on the bilsteins which is probably only 1mm haha.

The car looks sounds feels and drives just so well right now, I'm so happy with it! Here's a few shots of the installs from today, and a shot from a hike yesterday after my alignment test drive 3 hours in stop and go traffic out of the city.