Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Audio control module dead :(

So my radio stopped working suddenly. Couldn't select different sources or get any sound to work. Dealer just called and said my Audio Control Module (ACM) is bad... $750 for a new one...faq. Anyone else experienced this? I'm not too savvy with this type of stuff, but for those that are is this something where I can find the part used and switch out myself? My ST is a 2014. Appreciate any advice.

HardBoiledEgg

1000 Post Club
I'm sure you can get one used and swap it

I have a bad BCM on my Z and Nissan wanted 1200 for part alone. I bought one used for $30 shipped and changed it out myself. Just needed to be programmed to the car after

Be careful, a lot of the modules you can't simply pull one out of another car, toss it in and have it work. A lot of the modules need programmed to the vehicle

felopr

So my radio stopped working suddenly. Couldn't select different sources or get any sound to work. Dealer just called and said my Audio Control Module (ACM) is bad... $750 for a new one...faq. Anyone else experienced this? I'm not too savvy with this type of stuff, but for those that are is this something where I can find the part used and switch out myself? My ST is a 2014. Appreciate any advice.
Sure it wasn't the APIM module?
Pretty sure is the APIM, is the only audio module our vehicule have.
since the dealer says it was the module, you can fix this 2 ways, if you wanna stay on sync 2 or you want to upgrade to sync 3

sync 2 (less expensive) : just buy the module used, since there are alot sync 2 module around junkyards, they are easy to find, $100ish, even lower , you could even talk to some of the guys here that have upgrade to sync 3, if they can sell you their old sync 2 module

sync 3(more expensive, time consuming) :If you want to upgrade to sync 3, you just got to buy the module and the screen from a 2016+ ford fiesta with sync 3 (6.5inch screen). more expensive since you have to buy the screen and the module and more time consuming since there are less 2016+ in junkyard to rip one out
screen id: display, 6.5" (touch screen), (display without module), ID G1BT-18B955-TB thru TD
APIM ID: non nav: Communication, (voice recognition, Sync module), (module without display), ID GB5T-14G371-BF
nav: Communication, (voice recognition, Sync module), (module without display), ID GB5T-14G371-CF

there is no programing after that i am aware of, this is confirm by people that have upgrade it to sync 3

hope that helps

OP
AlrightyThen
Thread Starter #6
The dealership said it was the Audio control module, the APIM is the sync module right? I'll call them back to be double sure. Looking in the service manual I think it is this little guy. I found a thread about it on an escape forum that seemed positive. I think I'm going to remove this ACM, find a used one, install it and see what happens lol. I'll update thread with results.

http://www.fordescape.org/forum/ele...7-acm-audio-control-module-need-replaced.html

View attachment 16479

felopr

The dealership said it was the Audio control module, the APIM is the sync module right? I'll call them back to be double sure. Looking in the service manual I think it is this little guy. I found a thread about it on an escape forum that seemed positive. I think I'm going to remove this ACM, find a used one, install it and see what happens lol. I'll update thread with results.

http://www.fordescape.org/forum/ele...7-acm-audio-control-module-need-replaced.html

View attachment 16479
The apim is not that, the module is behind the screen, has fin for cooling, you will see

The module on the left is the myfordtouch APIM attached to the back of a screen. The module on the right is a Sync3 APIM module attached to the back of a screen.

Source? I swapped out myfordtouch for Sync 3 and took this picture in the process.

@ original poster, can you define what you mean by your radio stopped working? Can you still use the touch screen? No audio? Etc.

OP
AlrightyThen
Thread Starter #10
Yeah, the touch screen still works, I can access settings, nav, and the phone sections. In the audio section when I press the power button (on touch screen) nothing happens. If I press the actual power button on console, nothing happens. Can't get any sound out of it. Took it to the dealer for diagnosis, the tech's comments on my ticket said "issue isolated to faulty ACM, recommend replacement and reprogram". You guys are mentioning the Sync APIM, but if my problem is truly the ACM then it has nothing to do with Sync module *I think* lol.

Yeah, the touch screen still works, I can access settings, nav, and the phone sections. In the audio section when I press the power button (on touch screen) nothing happens. If I press the actual power button on console, nothing happens. Can't get any sound out of it. Took it to the dealer for diagnosis, the tech's comments on my ticket said "issue isolated to faulty ACM, recommend replacement and reprogram". You guys are mentioning the Sync APIM, but if my problem is truly the ACM then it has nothing to do with Sync module *I think* lol.
You're right then if the APIM was bad your screen wouldn't turn on.

OP
AlrightyThen
Thread Starter #12
Oh ok thanks that is good to know, maybe I'm at least going in the right direction. So far this issue is just making me miss the days of a "head unit". This car has modules on modules.

OP
AlrightyThen
Thread Starter #13
Hey guys need advice. Getting the old receiver out was not very difficult, but I'm having trouble finding a used replacement. Here are the part numbers I've found for my receiver (ACM).

ID D2BT-19C107-CB
ID D2BT-19C107-CC
ID D2BT-19C107-CD
ID D2BT-19C107-CE

What came out of my car is the part ending in CD. I'm having difficulty a used unit ending in CD, but I've found plenty ending in CC and CE. Does anyone know if I can interchange these? Appreciate the advice.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Yes...it's just a supercession of parts. Chrysler/Fiat does the same thing at the end of supercessions...AB...AC...AD...AE...AF....AG...AH...AND so on...it just means that the more it's been superseded the more it's been changed or quality control was involved to make a superior product from the Last supercession.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Bringing back this old thread...

How did this work out? I've recently been experiencing the same problems and the dealer diagnosed as a bad ACM. How bad was the repair?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

abrahamovaca

Active Duty U.S. Navy
thanks.