Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

SYNC 3 Update (November 2017)

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
26 miles? Sounds like a trip to get some late night food for me

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

26 miles? Sounds like a trip to get some late night food for me

Yeah, not exactly a pilgrimage I know. Lake Shore Drive past the Grosse Pointe mansions along the lake Saint Clair shoreline. 35 miles an hour all the way and heavily patrolled with radar. But it's a sweet ride with sweet scenery. I was kind of anxious to get it home and try to figure out some of the Sync 3 functions. A really nice Porsche 911 kind of toyed with me off the line from a stop light, like maybe he wanted to race. Guess he knew it wasn't your typical Fiesta. Not that I would expect to win that one.

Just did the 3.0 update. First few tries, I got nothing. Tried FAT32, exFAT... nada. Bought a different USB stick (exFAT), that did the trick. So far so good. Does seem quicker and smoother.

So apparently "MEM_ERR03" is a known error across all models with non-nav sync 3 when trying to install from a USB drive. I've dug around on other forums to see if other ford owners have encountered the same issue and it's been the same across the board for non-nav cars.

Tried every suggestion given to me in this thread. Including master resets and the error is consistent every single time.

Now when I try to upload the results xml file to Ford Owners website I keep getting an error. Has anyone found a workaround for this? I've tried on both my Mac and PC in Chrome and Firefox.

andresarev

So apparently "MEM_ERR03" is a known error across all models with non-nav sync 3 when trying to install from a USB drive. I've dug around on other forums to see if other ford owners have encountered the same issue and it's been the same across the board for non-nav cars.

Tried every suggestion given to me in this thread. Including master resets and the error is consistent every single time.
I have the same issue; nothing that i made solved the error. You know what is the reason of the error? ¿Is insufficient the internal memory of the hardware? ¿What is the new in this version (2.3)?

I have the same issue; nothing that i made solved the error. You know what is the reason of the error? ¿Is insufficient the internal memory of the hardware? ¿What is the new in this version (2.3)?
Oi en otras paginas que es un problema que sync 3 no tiene bastante memoria para esta acutalizacion./I've heard on other forums that sync 3 doesn't have enough memory for this update.

Contacted Ford..they say they are aware of the issues with the update (as always) and it has been escalated....i will get a call back.....tick tock.....tick tock......btw..i followed directions to a "T"......

Contacted Ford..they say they are aware of the issues with the update (as always) and it has been escalated....i will get a call back.....tick tock.....tick tock......btw..i followed directions to a "T"......
I’ve contacted them twice already..... the last time they said maybe take it to my local Lincoln dealership because they might have a earlier update that that might might work I was like wtf why I can’t you just at least try a new head unit because it won’t update period off course they said it’s fine ugh frustrating

I do have version 2.2 and working fine... just wanted to go to the latest 2.3 version....i can wait for them to figure it out.....

Bluedrank

So I just tried the 2.3 official update from the ford site for my '16 non-nav car. It hits Mem_err03 every time. My understanding though is that the 3.0 update seems to install without issue, BUT that its filled with lots of bugs for the non-nav cars. So I'm thinking the best course of action is just to wait until a better 3.0 release becomes available.

However, I was running a build of the 2.2 release that was still in development. I had originally installed the 2.2 upgrade well before the official release came out. Since I was already down in the car with my laptop, I decided to try moving to the full 2.2 official release. That worked perfectly moving between 2.2 builds. So for anyone running the pre-release 2.2 build you should at least move to the official release. I have no clue what's different between the build versions, but I'm sure there is something.

So I just tried the 2.3 official update from the ford site for my '16 non-nav car. It hits Mem_err03 every time. My understanding though is that the 3.0 update seems to install without issue, BUT that its filled with lots of bugs for the non-nav cars. So I'm thinking the best course of action is just to wait until a better 3.0 release becomes available.

However, I was running a build of the 2.2 release that was still in development. I had originally installed the 2.2 upgrade well before the official release came out. Since I was already down in the car with my laptop, I decided to try moving to the full 2.2 official release. That worked perfectly moving between 2.2 builds. So for anyone running the pre-release 2.2 build you should at least move to the official release. I have no clue what's different between the build versions, but I'm sure there is something.
I am running 3.0 on non-nav and have yet to come across a bug.

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
I am on 3.0 also with non-nav. No issues so far. It was glitchy on the install but after a few power cycles everything went through. When it tells you to restart, let it sit for a minute or so before powering back on. Btw, I used the 3.0 file that FearTheSnail shared, from a PC and extracted onto a 32gb usb that I quick formatted to exFat.

Well..Ford just called me back stating that the error we are getting mem_003 its that the usb drive is not formated properly........All that was discussed in my first call......proper EXFAT (fat32 was used too)format was followed, 3 different usb drives, downloaded the files 3 different times....etc etc 2 days to call me and tell me something that was discarded....oh well.....we move along...

Bluedrank

Well..Ford just called me back stating that the error we are getting mem_003 its that the usb drive is not formated properly........All that was discussed in my first call......proper EXFAT (fat32 was used too)format was followed, 3 different usb drives, downloaded the files 3 different times....etc etc 2 days to call me and tell me something that was discarded....oh well.....we move along...
After reading the f150 forums, it seems like the me error is caused by the gigantic voice file. Some of them have edited out updating that file from the script to solve their issues. The 2.2 and 2.3 files are pretty similar I guess. I'm personally just waiting for official 3.0 at this point. I'm happy with 2.3 so no sense in hacking something together.

Ford keeps leaving voicemail messages for me saying that the mem_ error is a usb memory not formated properly message..i have been using ex fat format like they ask..i even did a xomplete format of the drive....nithing nada..same error..any updates????

After reading the f150 forums, it seems like the me error is caused by the gigantic voice file. Some of them have edited out updating that file from the script to solve their issues. The 2.2 and 2.3 files are pretty similar I guess. I'm personally just waiting for official 3.0 at this point. I'm happy with 2.3 so no sense in hacking something together.
Ford keeps leaving voicemail messages for me saying that the mem_ error is a usb memory not formated properly message..i have been using ex fat format like they ask..i even did a xomplete format of the drive....nithing nada..same error..any updates????
I think [MENTION=4012]Bluedrank[/MENTION] and I have both been patrolling the F150 forums. A few of those guys believe because of the size of this update and how massive the 2.2 update was there's just not enough memory on a non-nav car to handle this update.

Some have gotten lucky but you, me and a bunch of others have had trouble. Supposedly ford is working on another update. But knowing them who knows how long that will take.