Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Whoosh vs Mountune intercoolers

Was looking to buy an aftermarket intercooler soon, was wondering about experiences with both intercoolers. I like mountune because it's well known and is warranty friendly. I like whoosh because the price. Any thoughts or opinions?

Thanks,
-Ryan

I’ll say this ....Ron from whoosh is a hell of a guy who prides himself on customer service. And a ton of the guys I speak to that own fists run his intercooler with nothing but great things to say about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

codestp202

I'd go Whoosh. You get way better customer service with Ron. I've heard Mountune is impossible to get a hold of. Plus the fact its cheaper and Ron supports the forum and takes our feedback.

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
I believe his cores are exactly the same as Cobb’s right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
thanks guys
the whoosh FMIC is modeled after COBB's but I can't say with 100% certainty the cores are "the same"
the size and shape are certainly identintical
Anyway, I appreciate the kind words and support everyone. The intercooler is a must-do upgrade for the Fiesta and certainly a great value at just over $300

I use the Whoosh IC, and certainly have no complaints; it's a high-quality item, and the fitment is very good.
Ron is a 100% class act. He also owned 2 Grand Nationals....

DaveG99

Whoosh is not only better performing than mountune, its also cheaper. And Ron is an awesome person to buy from!

Ya Ron is the man I ordered a few small cosmetic things along with a sound symposer delete on a Saturday and I got the confirmation email and text on Sunday saying he shipped it already. This guy runs his business spectacular!

thanks guys
the whoosh FMIC is modeled after COBB's but I can't say with 100% certainty the cores are "the same"
the size and shape are certainly identintical
Anyway, I appreciate the kind words and support everyone. The intercooler is a must-do upgrade for the Fiesta and certainly a great value at just over $300
Could you explain why it's a must-do? I thought that the ST intercooler being a factory FMIC was already very efficient?

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Could you explain why it's a must-do? I thought that the ST intercooler being a factory FMIC was already very efficient?
The factory IC is lightweight and is sufficient for most folks who have no plan on increasing their horsepower. If you plan on running a tune, plan on running on a track, or live in a very hot environment, the factory IC cannot keep up with the heat generated by the turbo.