Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

General Help On Next Build Steps

I have a 2017 Fiesta ST Stage 1. It has the Cobb RMM, Drop in filter, and accessport currently tuning with Mountune.

I am planning on essentially buying all of stage 3 supporting mods, more immediately a BOV, Exhaust, and Downpipe.

BOV... Looking at the GFB DV+ and possibly TurboSmart BPV VS the 50/50 shortie. I know with the 50/50 people have concerns that the dump is exposed to the elements but don't really understand it. I would like BOV noises but def would love the preformance aspect too of keeping the turbo spooled faster in between shifts, that is why I have weaned away from just wanting the BOV Spacer.

I am looking currently at the Thermal R&D 3" Cat-Back Exhaust and the Whoosh 3" Catless Downpipe. I found the adapter for the Downpipe to the actual Exhaust; One concern is that it says the Thermal R&D tapers down to 2.5" at the tips, will this cause any bottlenecking or restrictions?

Also, the Mishimoto FMIC vs the Whoosh FMIC. On paper, from what I have heard, the Mishimoto is one of the lowest performing FMIC for the FiST, but what I am concerned about is the fitment of the piping.. The Mishimoto piping seems to be longer, while the Whoosh Piping seems shorter, and smaller in diameter. Would this have any issues or am I looking at the wrong pipes?

For the Intake, it seems the weak points in the Stock Intake are the connections coming up from the Turbo, up to where the Whoosh Induction Hose would connect to. Would getting the RAMAIR Crossover, connect directly to the Whoosh Induction Hose, and therefore effectively cut out the intake restrictions, or would it be better to go with a full intake such as the Mishimoto or CP-E Ram Airbox kit?

I plan on buying everything through the Whoosh website if possible. I attached pictures of my current cart, and products, so that I can reference more exact parts.
Whoosh 1.PNG
Whoosh 2.PNG
Whoosh 3.PNG
Whoosh 4.PNG

DvC

Hey man here is my response from my YouTube video about the thermal exhaust

"the wrench light is just the oil light. i cant reset it unless i uninstall my Cobb access port and i am too lazy to do that. :) My exhaust is not a true 3 inch, it necks down at the DP. I think the newer versions may have a full 3", though. They also sell and upgraded neck that bolts up if you happen to get a used one with the old neck. i would not worry about the neck down from a power viewpoint, i have seen stock exhausts make over 300hp and i make damn near 400hp with this even with the neck down."

Truth in Ruin

1000 Post Club
Here’s my take:

The best bang-for-buck is tune, intercooler, and E30 tune.

I wouldn’t worry about bottlenecks & restrictions with the stock turbo, because after installing an intercooler, and arguably down-pipe, your next restriction is the turbo itself. You may only get a 5HP increase with an intake & exhaust upgrade combined, but it’ll make your car sound nice, and it would be necessary if you decide to upgrade to a bigger turbo.

I've had the Turbosmart 50/50 and the Mountune Turbosmart BOV and currently run the GFB DV+. If you want noise and attention, you don't want the DV+ because it is not much louder than stock. Having run a symposer delete location BOV, that is now my personal preference if I run a BOV. Get a block off plate, remove the symposer system (you aren't going to want it with an exhaust anyways) and install a BOV in that location.

Intercoolers, piping doesn't matter so don't buy a Mishimoto intercooler for the piping. Get the Whoosh intercooler. If you want to do charge pipes, but the Mishimoto/CPE/Depo whatever pipes and install them with the Whoosh intercooler. I run the CP-E front mount and Mishimoto pipes. I may even have a lead on a spare set of charge pipes local if you're interested. I can check with my buddy and see if he's going to use them or sell them. I have a CP-E cold pipe in the garage, but it seems to be spoken for already.

I've run the Cobb intake, I know people with Map intakes, and I personally run an ST200 airbox with ram air panel filter and ram air induction hose. Thought about a crossover pipe, but a lot of this is all overkill. You're not getting a pro-tune so you can get great results leaving your intake alone. We have a Purple Drank tuner in our area in Chesapeake named Ryan Martin. He tuned my car after the X37 and in conversation, the catback and all the extra intake bits could be gotten, but results may not be worth the cost to do so.

He tuned my car after the X37 and in conversation, the catback and all the extra intake bits could be gotten, but results may not be worth the cost to do so.
So much this. I’m actually going back to my stock intake from the Injen intake simply because I’m liable to get colder temps with stock. The Injen is cool since you can hear the turbo spool but that’s about all it’s good for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk