Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

*California* Meets

Did anybody hit up that meet? I got lazy and ended cruising Mullholland up to Neptunes Net instead

neeqness

1000 Post Club
Was thinking of a meet this weekend at Ortega (most likely Sunday) but it doesn't seem like anyone is willing to go now.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
Ortega? Where is that at? I'd be willing to go.
It's an old road that starts in lake elsinore as route 74 then goes through the mountains to orange county. Many many car enthusiasts run that road on the weekends including motorcycles. Last I went I saw a lot of high end Porsches 1 McLaren 2 Lamborghinis 1 ford gt (2005)
Like 6 corvettes and a few Audis a couple Ferraris. I enjoy the thing. Sights and sounds. It is a dangerous road too. Friend of mine driving out from lake elsinore in his sweeper hit a trailer of a powder train that came loose and he will never work again. Totaled the sweeper and messed him up pretty good.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Anybody wanna setup a meet in Rowland heights and then ride to GMR?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

neeqness

1000 Post Club
I drove Ortega last weekend and there didn't seem to be many performance cars. Just normal traffic flowing through it. There are also a couple of decent lookout spots and hikes off this highway.

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
I drove Ortega last weekend and there didn't seem to be many performance cars. Just normal traffic flowing through it. There are also a couple of decent lookout spots and hikes off this highway.

There's not a whole lot of fun left on Ortega, lots of CHP and hybrids going 5 under. I live 12 minutes from Ortega and have stopped going, I'd rather drive up to Angeles Crest - it's a much nicer drive with a lot less crowding. Santiago canyon can be nice too, less technical but generally less crowded than ortega.

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
I did go at like 8 in the morning. Maybe that was it.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Like I said, GMR is the place. Perhaps you don’t know what it is or where it is. Well, Glendora mountain road is this nice stretch of curves wrapped in beautiful asphalt. And yes, as the name suggests, it’s in beautiful Glendora, California. There’s tons of eateries and what not but it’s the curved roads by the foothills that make this place the best. Perhaps it’s because I’m suggesting it that you little boys are ignoring.

HBEcoBeaST

Like I said, GMR is the place. Perhaps you don’t know what it is or where it is. Well, Glendora mountain road is this nice stretch of curves wrapped in beautiful asphalt. And yes, as the name suggests, it’s in beautiful Glendora, California. There’s tons of eateries and what not but it’s the curved roads by the foothills that make this place the best. Perhaps it’s because I’m suggesting it that you little boys are ignoring.

I grew up in Claremont. GMR and Baldy road were what I grew up doing stupid things on. Definitely underrated.

Driving up to the baldy ski lifts is an epic and scenic series of turns. GMR can get a little scary with showoffs unfamiliar with the road. Well handling cars really shine.

When I first got my FiST I let my dad drive and he immediately took it up Baldy. Said the car was perfect for the road and couldn't stop smiling.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

neeqness

1000 Post Club

It doesn't really matter to me much which drive as long as it's not too far out of the way for me. I mentioned Ortega only because it's been mentioned in the past and others have wanted to go there.

neeqness

1000 Post Club
There's not a whole lot of fun left on Ortega, lots of CHP and hybrids going 5 under. I live 12 minutes from Ortega and have stopped going, I'd rather drive up to Angeles Crest - it's a much nicer drive with a lot less crowding. Santiago canyon can be nice too, less technical but generally less crowded than ortega.
I didn't see any CHP but you're right that it was relatively "crowded"...in a sense that all it takes is one person cruising below the speed limit to ruin your day. There were a few of those but luckily some pulled over.

I don't mind driving other routes though. Whatever works for the group as long as it's within reach. I've done Angeles Crest and it's fun. Don't know Santiago.

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
I havent been on GMR for a while... Like almost 7 years.

Ive taken my FiST to Turnbull Canyon a few times. Its a short "run", but i can get pretty fun.

I havent been on GMR for a while... Like almost 7 years.

Ive taken my FiST to Turnbull Canyon a few times. Its a short "run", but i can get pretty fun.
I just came back from gmr and no cops no slow prii(plural for Prius) and no hot doggers either.

I have been to GMR once, the overall experience was really good. The only not so great part was in the beginning where the hairpin turns are. Too many motorcycles and bicycles, but after the first section, it was wide open with very little cars.