Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

FORScan reverse/backup camera discussion thread

brbauer2

Doing mine now. Had to unscrew the back cover of the switch.

Only trimming I had to do was on the corners of the opening. Just even them up with the rest of the sides.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
You shave here? To get the new piece to fit in?

And how do you guys do the wiring? I tried to do a clean look but the yellow video cable is too big to route through the the rubber passage

Last edited:

brbauer2

You shave here? To get the new piece to fit in?

And how do you guys do the wiring? I tried to do a clean look but the yellow video cable is too big to route through the the rubber passage
Yes, but I did all 4 corners.

I cut the connector off. Blk/Gnd goes to pin 15, Red/Vid goes to pin 14. Ignore the red.

Wife made evening plans so I had to stop working. Only have to wire up power to the camera. I'll have a full write-up tomorrow night.

brbauer2

Install of this camera on my '16 FiST.

FORScan changes:
Stock
APIM 7D0-01-01: 2130 6505 0084
Changed
APIM 7D0-01-01: 2330 6105 C052

Install gallery.

I forgot to take pictures of how I got power to the camera..oops. I tapped into the driver-side taillight reverse light from the inside of the hatch. Ground was black IIRC and Power was white.

CarGuy

1000 Post Club

FORScan changes:
Stock
Changed

Install gallery.

I forgot to take pictures of how I got power to the camera..oops. I tapped into the driver-side taillight reverse light from the inside of the hatch. Ground was black IIRC and Power was white.

Nice!!!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

FORScan changes:
Stock
Changed

Install gallery.

Brbauer2,

Excellent write-up. I was thinking of going via the headliner as well, any tips on snaking the video wire through?

Thanks,
DEss

brbauer2

I just pushed it in-between the headliner and the trim with the end of a trim removal tool.

Tried to wire mine up today. Getting camera unavailable message on sync 3 screen.

Used the camera that replaces the hatch release. Had to chop the rca plug to feed the wire through the hatch. Maybe I did a poor job reattaching or it's not getting power. Tapped the driver side reverse light wires.

Turns out it was a power issue. The wire taps weren't getting the job done. Just stripped the wires and twisted them around. Wallah...camera works!

Now I have a second camera that I didn't need. Lol

Turns out it was a power issue. The wire taps weren't getting the job done. Just stripped the wires and twisted them around. Wallah...camera works!

Now I have a second camera that I didn't need. Lol
Same here with the second camera.

So you cut the Yellow video cable and routed that? I was thinking about doing that but wasn't sure if it was easy to connect it. I want to run the wires through the hatch for a cleaner look right now they're just sticking out a bit.

Same here with the second camera.

So you cut the Yellow video cable and routed that? I was thinking about doing that but wasn't sure if it was easy to connect it. I want to run the wires through the hatch for a cleaner look right now they're just sticking out a bit.
Yeah I cut the rca connector off about a foot from the end. Was way easier to run through the grommet from hatch to cabin that way. Then just spliced the 3 wires inside back together once i ran it to the front.

I just pushed it in-between the headliner and the trim with the end of a trim removal tool.
Did you choose to run along the drivers side for any particular reason? I was planning on going down the passenger side under the assumption that it would be easier to route without the steering column, gauges etc.

OP
VuDoo
Thread Starter #234
Did you choose to run along the drivers side for any particular reason? I was planning on going down the passenger side under the assumption that it would be easier to route without the steering column, gauges etc.
The passenger side is easier. The harness that connects to the screen runs on the passenger side and you can use the entry point of the harness to run the wires through.

OP
VuDoo
Thread Starter #236
Would you also recommend running along the head liner or taking it along the floor trim?
That is up to you. If I had a flexible wire feeder at the time, I probably would have run it through the head liner, then down the A pillar into the glovebox area. You will have more cord left over if you do it that way and end up with less to take apart and mess up. I didn't at the time and just ran it through the floor trim.

I did this install yesterday. First I don't know if mine was unique, but one of the worst parts of the job was getting the cover off the hatch. I pried, I pulled, I swore...eventually I had enough and just yanked at the thing to get it off. That ended up leaving the metal clips with chunks of plastic in them AND it sheered two of the towers clean off. NEVER have I experienced something like that on a trim panel. If I never have to take that thing off again it will be to soon.

Other than that, it was pretty straight forward. I purchased the camera that replaces the hatch release, which fit with some light filing instead of cutting out those sections. The button feels a lot softer than OEM. Fishing the wires through the hatch wasn't terrible, just fiddly. The rubber channel was more annoying to feed the wires through than the hatch.

The only other real issue I had was not having the correct female pins to put in the connector. I used some out of a PC jumper wire of some kind I had in the wire box, but they are certainly not correct for the socket. They worked anyway. If someone has the part number for them I would replace them, getting the cover off the screen was a pain but far easier than the hatch.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Sorry if I was just overwhelmed and missed the basics, but do we just get THIS ADAPTER, install whatever camera we want that has a standard composite connection and the use FORscan to enable it? So for those of us both cheap and lazy we can always buy that adapter, have a shop install it and the camera and do the FORscan ourselves?

Sorry if I was just overwhelmed and missed the basics, but do we just get THIS ADAPTER, install whatever camera we want that has a standard composite connection and the use FORscan to enable it? So for those of us both cheap and lazy we can always buy that adapter, have a shop install it and the camera and do the FORscan ourselves?
Yes

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Ok so I was able to add a backup camera without issue but now my center console USB ports are not providing power so my Dashcam and Android Auto no longer work. Anyone know if this is just a Sync issue or an actual APIM programming issue? The only number I changed was the one pointed out and I tried both 2 and 3, both worked fine but still no center console. Should I restore factory and see if the USB works then or has anyone seen this problem before?