Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New Michigan Fiesta ST

Hey everyone,

Excited to finally own a fiesta st! I've been wanting one since I bought my Ford fusion new in 2014 while I was moving duty stations in the Army. Didn't think the fist had enough space. I paid off my fusion and finally decided to get a fist after finding a good deal and dealing with turboing 90s Honda's for multiple years, and owning an 89 rx7 and 08 g37s in between. Don't mind my stupid mistake in saying I own a 14...hence my username lmao it's a 15...oops. anyways paid 12k to include my 5 year or 48k mile warranty. Has 66k miles. Since owning it two weeks I've added boomba wing risers, a symposer delete, cobb AP, and diy honeycomb delete. Not very familiar with the ecoboost platform. Learning little by little. Ordering a Damond OCC today. Any info or opinions/advice is appreciated. I look forward to meeting some like minded people. Feel free to message me. I'm in the Detroit metro area.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
Welcome! It's nice to have an inconspicuous little econobox that feels like a sports car. I'm puzzled why more Americans don't get why it's so fun.

Nice color, too.

OP
Molten14st
Thread Starter #10
Welcome! It's nice to have an inconspicuous little econobox that feels like a sports car. I'm puzzled why more Americans don't get why it's so fun.

Nice color, too.
Thanks yea I love the color. It is a very fun car. I've owned things faster but this is a lot more fun

Greetings from westland! I work for ford in livonia currently, you can find me ripping down plymouth rd between 11 am and noon most week days. I have a white platinum 16'

OP
Molten14st
Thread Starter #14
Greetings from westland! I work for ford in livonia currently, you can find me ripping down plymouth rd between 11 am and noon most week days. I have a white platinum 16'
Nice! Yea I live by 19 and hall...i blew out two tires the last two days. Wondering what I should run with these harsh ass roads if I should get smaller 16s not sure what size tire or just a better tire for the 17s. Any suggestions?

I run a 195/50/16 blizzak winter tire on 16 inch steelies in the winter. I've hit some gnarly asteroid impact craters and I have't bent a wheel or gotten a flat yet. *crosses fingers*

As for the summer, sometime in march/early april I'm gunna transition to the original summer bridgestones the car came with. Then in april/may when its staying warm, I'm gunna throw on my federal rs-rr tires mounted on some rota grids. Hopefully by then they've repaired the roads to a somewhat decent level.

OP
Molten14st
Thread Starter #16
I run a 195/50/16 blizzak winter tire on 16 inch steelies in the winter. I've hit some gnarly asteroid impact craters and I have't bent a wheel or gotten a flat yet. *crosses fingers*

As for the summer, sometime in march/early april I'm gunna transition to the original summer bridgestones the car came with. Then in april/may when its staying warm, I'm gunna throw on my federal rs-rr tires mounted on some rota grids. Hopefully by then they've repaired the roads to a somewhat decent level.
Yea right! These roads are hell I'm scared to drive lol

Nice! Yea I live by 19 and hall...i blew out two tires the last two days. Wondering what I should run with these harsh ass roads if I should get smaller 16s not sure what size tire or just a better tire for the 17s. Any suggestions?]

More sidewall. At least 45, 50 is even better (like Fiester is running).
And welcome to the Forum and our local group!

I would recommend at least a 45 tire wall ratio. If you can fit a 50 then that's even better. I like the 205/50r16 on a 16x7 lightweight wheel. There are tons to choose from. I have the ultralaggerras and they have not failed me 35k miles already. In Detroit. They are pricey tho cannot say I recommend.

OP
Molten14st
Thread Starter #19
I would recommend at least a 45 tire wall ratio. If you can fit a 50 then that's even better. I like the 205/50r16 on a 16x7 lightweight wheel. There are tons to choose from. I have the ultralaggerras and they have not failed me 35k miles already. In Detroit. They are pricey tho cannot say I recommend.
Yea I saw those I like them a lot. I'm going to wait till next season to get a specific style. I Got a really good deal on all four black factory snowflakes with brand new all seasons so I went that route to save money till I do more to the car. Still looks better than my silver factories

Welcome to the Molten club man! I am over in West Michigan. I got my FiST in the fall of 2013 and in all that time I have only seen two other FiST's over here. I am still running the stock wheels in the summer. Someday I will finally get new wheels but I am going to stay with 17"'s, just going to go wider. I am over 62,000 miles and have had no issues. Great little car [burnout]