Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Does anyone travel in their FiST? (Long distances)

Jerickson88

We have been using the FiST as our designated travel car since it’s usually the cleanest, and driven the least during the week. We go 4 deep. 6 year old in booster and 8 month old rear facing behind driver. I have a drawtite hitch and basket for carrying the extra stuff when needed.

We have a 16 Civic sedan (wife, and just a disgusting car) and a 04 Tahoe (307k and a workhorse/family ride)

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
We have been using the FiST as our designated travel car since it’s usually the cleanest, and driven the least during the week. We go 4 deep. 6 year old in booster and 8 month old rear facing behind driver. I have a drawtite hitch and basket for carrying the extra stuff when needed.

We have a 16 Civic sedan (wife, and just a disgusting car) and a 04 Tahoe (307k and a workhorse/family ride)
I drove to The Florida Keys this year from Minneapolis Mn...what about long Distances do you want to know about?

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
Jerickson88

Jerickson88

Thread Starter #3
I drove to The Florida Keys this year from Minneapolis Mn...what about long Distances do you want to know about?

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
I guess I should have been more specific, multiple passengers?

We have done Bham to NOLA back to back the last two weeks, and are taking another trip (8hr, one way max) in two weeks. Probably bham to Little Rock, or Missouri, or Cincinnati, maybe Snowshoe? Anniversary trip.

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
Taken my FiST up to the bay area/ SF from LA a few times. I usually travel alone, but the wife has come with on a trip or two. No kids. Good gas mileage and comfortable enough. Ride can be jarring on rough roads, but I avoid those anyways. Multiple trips to San Diego and even to Laughlin. I hit 50k miles on my 2016 a few weeks ago.

Expecting our first kid in January. Gonna see how well it will baby.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using Tapatalk

OP
Jerickson88

Jerickson88

Thread Starter #6
Taken my FiST up to the bay area/ SF from LA a few times. I usually travel alone, but the wife has come with on a trip or two. No kids. Good gas mileage and comfortable enough. Ride can be jarring on rough roads, but I avoid those anyways. Multiple trips to San Diego and even to Laughlin. I hit 50k miles on my 2016 a few weeks ago.

Expecting our first kid in January. Gonna see how well it will baby.

I’ve gotten quite used to the forward position with the baby behind my seat. Remember, that’s short term. Don’t ditch the car when you’re looking at temporary seating position.

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
I drove my nephew and niece around last Friday. Nephew sat in a booster behind me. Both seemed to fit just fine. Later my brother (6'-2" and 270#) was my passenger with my niece in a child seat behind him. They both seemed fine.

If I ever got rid of the FiST it would be for a R33 GTR. Waiting on 2020 for a legal '95 GTR.

OP
Jerickson88

Jerickson88

Thread Starter #8
I drove my nephew and niece around last Friday. Nephew sat in a booster behind me. Both seemed to fit just fine. Later my brother (6'-2" and 270#) was my passenger with my niece in a child seat behind him. They both seemed fine.

If I ever got rid of the FiST it would be for a R33 GTR. Waiting on 2020 for a legal '95 GTR.

Too bad about Moto Rex lol

OP
Jerickson88

Jerickson88

Thread Starter #10
Yeah, but their cars were really expensive.

I'll wait and then register out of state.

I know a guy that got a R32 GTR and drove it back from Canada some years back and another guy that bought one recently.

neeqness

1000 Post Club
Drove from LA to Atlanta twice this year alone. I've driven to Atlanta, Texas, Arkansas, NorCal, and Florida in previous years all from SoCal in the FiST. The last year and a half I've been going solo.

That first trip to Florida I still had the dealer plates (Huntington Beach) on. It was funny because people were assuming that we were from Florida just based on the plates. Made me decide to look it up and see where HB was...till I found out that there wasn't a Huntington Beach in FL. Well, at least everyone thought we were local...

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

CarGuy

1000 Post Club
Drove from LA to Atlanta twice this year alone. I've driven to Atlanta, Texas, Arkansas, NorCal, and Florida in previous years all from SoCal in the FiST. The last year and a half I've been going solo.

That first trip to Florida I still had the dealer plates (Huntington Beach) on. It was funny because people were assuming that we were from Florida just based on the plates. Made me decide to look it up and see where HB was...till I found out that there wasn't a Huntington Beach in FL. Well, at least everyone thought we were local...

What fuel mileage did you get?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account

I'd say my mileage has been highway between 34-39.5 mostly cruising 70-75...ANYTHING OVER 75 and it starts to sink! In town bopping around I'd say 29-32 depending on whats in the tank at the time......and also Tires properly inflated all the way around![thumb] I also get better mileage with my GTX2860 gen2 as long as I stay out of it.....[woot]...If I have my Rocketbox on top I get around 30-32 highway also

Last edited:
OP
Jerickson88

Jerickson88

Thread Starter #14
I'd say my mileage has been highway between 34-39.5 mostly cruising 70-75...ANYTHING OVER 75 and it start to sink! In town bopping around I'd say 29-32 depending on whats in the tank at the time. and also Tires properly inflated all the way around![thumb]
Yeah same here.. if we aren’t in a Time crunch, 65 mph usually gets me 34-35mpg.. I was north of 85 down there and got around 26mph.

I’m also running 87 oct

neeqness

1000 Post Club

Usually around 33. I ran mostly 91 - 93 with stock tuning. But it also matters what brand you use too in my experience. Mostly I use Shell but there was a couple brands in the south that gave good mileage...some though depended on the station.

I also drove 75 and up usually.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Usually around 33. I ran mostly 91 - 93 with stock tuning. But it also matters what brand you use too in my experience. Mostly I use Shell but there was a couple brands in the south that gave good mileage...some though depended on the station.

I also drove 75 and up usually.

I've found that BP in my area at least gives the best mileage Vs. Holiday or Speedway/Super America. [rockon]

Just took the first road trip in my car with ~1000 miles on it. Took a 3 hour trip each way and the car did about 37mpg with a few pulls in there too. Normally I do all local driving daily and am pretty generous with the gas pedal so I get about 26-28mpg the last few fill ups.

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
What state are they registered in? Im in California, but will register out of state.

My commute is long that I drive every day. Almost 90- miles a day- in the morning when it's pitch black and coming home when it's 95 degrees and hot. And my GF and I have taken it on 200 mile trips loaded with heavy luggage. For my daily commute it's a great car- easy to get in and out of, love the stock (non Recaro) seats, excellent visibility and great to drive. Cruise control I use a lot and the switches are easy to access without taking my eyes fully from the road. Love the long range of the telescoping steering for my very long legs. I have it all the way out and it's perfect for me.

My GF and I have used it on long trips pretty well loaded up. The extra weight hinders performance and MPG a bit but nothing horrible. She loves the seats also and loves the radio controls and ease of use. I have had 4 in the car around town for short trips, no complaints from anyone. And the car being somewhat narrow allows you some wiggle room in the lanes.

Overall I say it's a great car for trips and our first choice amongst our 2 cars and a truck.

neeqness

1000 Post Club
One thing I will say if you plan to go on road trips is be careful driving behind vehicles. In LA and the areas around I haven't had any trouble but I've cracked two fog lights from flung stones so far on road trips and might have done more if I had replaced them sooner.

I've even seen some bounce off the hood on occassion. The foglights are fairly low and an easy target for bouncing stones. Tried looking for some type of protective covering but have yet to find anything useful...