Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Hello

Hi All - I hope you all don't mind that I hang out with you on the Fista St Forum. I spend a lot of time on the Faction and FiestaST.org. We have two Fiesta's in the stable; a 2014 1.0 and a 2015 SE. My plan is to have an ST once my lease is up on the '14. Keep me motivated!

FocusMike

This is a great forum with great members, glad to have you join us and welcome.

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Bet the 1.0L would be REALLY good with short, sticky tires to help its gear ratio that is prob pretty tall for fuel mileage. In 10 years, I'd like to see a racing class with all 1.0L turbo fiestas with at least 2 classes ( limited and unlimited ). Such a cool motor.

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Welcome aboard [MENTION=2257]Fiesta_Hack[/MENTION], great to have you here.[welcome]

Bet the 1.0L would be REALLY good with short, sticky tires to help its gear ratio that is prob pretty tall for fuel mileage. In 10 years, I'd like to see a racing class with all 1.0L turbo fiestas with at least 2 classes ( limited and unlimited ). Such a cool motor.
I wanna say you can get a 1.0 ST across the pond. Same suspension, looks, and options, just with the 1.0. Why do they get all the cool stuff?

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
I wanna say you can get a 1.0 ST across the pond. Same suspension, looks, and options, just with the 1.0. Why do they get all the cool stuff?
I think you meant the Fiesta S, ST's are the same worldwide.

OP
F
Thread Starter #14
Welcome...how does the 1.0 drive compared to the 1.6?
Thoughts on the 1.0: Ultra economical gas motor; turbo is fun (but not fast); Transmission gearing is 100% for economy which kills acceleration; super quiet at highway speeds due to tall 5th gear; The extra $995 to play is a debatable value; it has a coolness factor being Wards 3x Winner of Best Engine

Thoughts on the 1.6: Good engine in its own right; very economical; transmissions gearing is super in gears 1-4 and reminds me of my old Mark 1 GTI (5th should be taller); has plenty of power for everyday driving; no extra charge as it is the standard motor; proven to over 600k miles (see Wolverines Red Candy on FiestaFaction)

In my 90 mile commute, I prefer the 1.6 (mostly the tranny gearing) as my route is mostly stop and go with a few long hills in the mix. Bottom line is Ford killed the acceleration potential of the 1.0 by spec'ing gear ratio's that are 100% for MPG's. However, they stayed on point with their objective with the 1.0 in the Fiesta... hybrid like MPG's. Can't wait for someone to swap in the Focus 1.0's 6 speed :)