Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

MFactory Helical LSD's - Lifetime Warranty!

Trader history for MFactory (0)

OP
MFactory
Thread Starter #22
Ok guys, that's 6 who are "in", so we can start taking payments and shipping these out. They are in stock and ready to ship!

To order, please PM me your PayPal address, and I can send you over a payment link :)

How does this LSD work with the FiST's torque vectoring system?
Whilst the traction control does a relatively good job of limiting slip on one wheel, it cannot be compared to a proper mechanical LSD, which reacts faster as well as instantly transferring torque to the wheel with traction (traction control does not do this)

The beauty of a Helical LSD is that it works hand-in-hand with the traction control as, where 20 years ago there was no traction control, almost all newer cars these days come with it, so long gone is the myth about "free wheeling" or "unloaded wheels"; if you find yourself in this situation, your traction control will provide a small amount of load to the spinning wheel, which then allows the Helical LSD to transfer torque back over to the wheel with traction.

What you will find after installing an LSD is, your traction control light will hardly ever come on again :)

SFP

Ok guys, that's 6 who are "in", so we can start taking payments and shipping these out. They are in stock and ready to ship!

To order, please PM me your PayPal address, and I can send you over a payment link :)

Whilst the traction control does a relatively good job of limiting slip on one wheel, it cannot be compared to a proper mechanical LSD, which reacts faster as well as instantly transferring torque to the wheel with traction

The beauty of a Helical LSD is that it works hand-in-hand with the traction control as, where 20 years ago there was no traction control, almost all newer cars these days come with it, so long gone is the myth about "free wheeling" or "unloaded wheels"; if you find yourself in this situation, your traction control will provide a small amount of load to the spinning wheel, which then allows the Helical LSD to transfer torque back over to the wheel with traction.

What you will find after installing an LSD is, your traction control light will hardly ever come on again :)
Pm inbound :)

DHM1

1000 Post Club

Hmmm [emoji848][emoji848]

This is a good deal and our Race car could use some help this year! Count is in!

Also we will post on our social media for you [MENTION=7172]MFactory[/MENTION] to get some more people in on this!

Russ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DHM1

1000 Post Club

Hmmm [emoji848][emoji848]

This is a good deal and our Race car could use some help this year! Count us in! Send us the payment request or how ever you want payment. Thanks!

Also we will post on our social media for you [MENTION=7172]MFactory[/MENTION] to get some more people in on this!

Russ

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Ohhh snap, Russ is in !!! Sent email for Paypal request ! Lol

How does this LSD work with the FiST's torque vectoring system?
Bump of this question. Your response was targeted towards Traction Control (TC). Torque Vectoring System (TVS) and TC are too very different animals. TC can be fully defeated with the button. TVS cannot be defeated or overridden at all. I connect with your explanation and understand how this will augment TC, but this could prove problematic with the black magic of TVS. Ford has done a lot with TVS to help this car turn, I'm wondering the implications as well.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

OP
MFactory
Thread Starter #33
It's just Ford's fancy marketing name for Traction Control. All mainstream car manufacturers have their own "e-Diff" terminology/names, as "traction control" just sounds too generic.

If it applies brakes to the spinning wheel and/or cuts ignition, it's Traction Control, regardless of the name.

As mentioned though, a real mechanical LSD will decrease the likelihood off the traction control (or whatever name they call it) activating, and will complement it when it does. This is proven on many models/fitments, such as the Focus ST, BMW 335i's, VW Golf GTi's etc (all have a different name for "Traction Control")

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Bump of this question. Your response was targeted towards Traction Control (TC). Torque Vectoring System (TVS) and TC are too very different animals. TC can be fully defeated with the button. TVS cannot be defeated or overridden at all. I connect with your explanation and understand how this will augment TC, but this could prove problematic with the black magic of TVS. Ford has done a lot with TVS to help this car turn, I'm wondering the implications as well.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk
He's not talking about traction control, he's talking about the system that grabs one of the rear brakes to help the car rotate ( depending on the direct your turning ).

OP
MFactory
Thread Starter #37
The systems are inter-linked. What they are trying to achieve is precisely what a Plate type LSD does (without having to use any electronic wizardry)

As Helical LSD's don't function in the same way (they are torque biasing, so do not lock/slip), and function just like a regular open differential (albeit transferring torque to the wheel with traction, rather than the wheel with least resistance), they are complimentary and won't affect each other. Now if you were using a Plate type LSD, that is a whole other matter.

You will find that those who run a Plate type LSD usually must turn off the electronic wizardry in order for it to function correctly. Unless you are Ferrari, with their advanced e-Diff (which combines a Plate type LSD with all the electronic bells and whistles), or BMW with the new diff technology in their M4's.

Hope that clarifies things :)

Perfblue15

1000 Post Club
I want in on this as well. I need a few weeks to come up with funds though

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk