Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Lic plate relocation.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
So long story short car came with front lic plate. Yuck! Had to have my bumper resprayed under warranty, got the body shop to remove my lic plate holes! Yay! Which led to this

now I have an issue. Lol where to relocate my plate and how. I have been looking at a few options.

Sto N Sho
speaker cips mounted factory bracket clipped into grill, this has been done on FoST’s here in LA
get a tow hitch mount and plate setup

basically this is a call out for members to show what they have done and possible options. So,emof the above have Pros and Cons. Sto N Sho in particular.

So give input if you have it. Thanks in Advance!

koozy

3000 Post Club
I use the factory mount, fits perfect [grinking]

If I were in your predicament, I wouldn't worry about it and carry on with no front plate. If sighted, it's only a fix it ticket.

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
I haven't run a front plate since January 2016. Never had an issue. Never came up even when i got a speeding ticket.

Be a rebel. Run without 'til you cant.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

FiSTerMr

1000 Post Club
I haven't run a front plate since January 2016. Never had an issue. Never came up even when i got a speeding ticket.

If you have a New York registered car and are driving in New York, you won't last that long without that front plate before getting pulled over and over and over and over.... I speak from personal experience.

FiSTerMr

1000 Post Club
The one thing I miss about having a wrx, the immense product support.

OP
Dpro

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Thread Starter #6
I use the factory mount, fits perfect [grinking]

If I were in your predicament, I wouldn't worry about it and carry on with no front plate. If sighted, it's only a fix it ticket.
Ya truth be told I love my predicament, lol [grinking] .

Ya I think around LA we are pretty safe. Its places like Irvine and such one fears lol. Definitely some cities are worse than others .
I figured people would have some ideas.

Von

Honestly, my wife commutes to Sylmar everyday in her ZR2. Logs tons of miles, 25K in 8/9 months. Got it before they had a chance to throw the front on, just leaves it up on her dash. Zero issues. LA has so many issues with people running dealer plates that they rarely have time to mess with no front. Hell, I rode around Reseda for a while with a track bike with zero plates on it. Depending on the area of LA, it can be pretty loose

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

The last time I drove without a front plate. Made it only 4 blocks from home. Before getting stopped by the police. I say never give them an excuse. To pull you over. Wisconsin law is very anal about that.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
If you have a New York registered car and are driving in New York, you won't last that long without that front plate before getting pulled over and over and over and over.... I speak from personal experience.
Same (and maybe double) goes for Joyzee. [:(]

I've been rolling without front plate on both my cars since new and before that since 2000

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PhoenixM3

Do cops stop you in your state for not having it mounted? Could you place on the dash near the passenger side? I just keep mine under the floor mat and would come up with a lame excuse to any cop that stopped me.

OP
Dpro

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Thread Starter #14
Do cops stop you in your state for not having it mounted? Could you place on the dash near the passenger side? I just keep mine under the floor mat and would come up with a lame excuse to any cop that stopped me.
Technically they can. It is a state law we are supposed to show a front plate on the front forward facing. Oh and no keeping it in the lower left front corner of ones Windshield is not legal either.

Thing is for the most parts cops wil not bother about it unless A: they are bored and decide to hassle you for it or B: already have you pulled over for something else and write you up for it as an add in. Lol

Its a sign off ticket with a $10 fee if you get it.
It also depends on what areas you are in per the earlier convo in the thread. We saw a guy with a mini plate on his car last night at the Mountune meet hence Koozy having fun with photoshop. The mini plate while cool and comical would again be so not legal. Per state req the plate has to be the California DMV issued and legal size.

So no to Mini or Euro plates with your number.

PhoenixM3

Rgr. We spent a month in SOCAL, but didn’t get hassled about a front plate, or the obvious radar detector.... Good luck. The car definitely looks cleaner without the plate, but that pretty color may draw attention.....

cxwrench

The last time I drove without a front plate. Made it only 4 blocks from home. Before getting stopped by the police. I say never give them an excuse. To pull you over. Wisconsin law is very anal about that.
No problem in CA now. It used to be something that a lot of departments really enforced. The last 10 years or so they seem to have changed their priorities big time. And I think you're making way too many little fragmented sentences...your post is hard to read because of it.

3 of my 4 cars do not have front plates. In WA the registration certificate even says "Front plate still required". As far as I can tell it's not strictly enforced in my area. After 10 years the only citation I've seen was a parking ticket, yes a parking ticket for no front plate! That was downtown Tacoma, BTW. So now I carry the front plate along + zip ties for when I park in freakin' Tacoma.
My Armada and FoRS were easy - the dealer never installed front plate mount. The ST was a pain since it came from the factory with it riveted on.[facepalm] I used Bumper Plugs and fixed that mess real quick. I like Dpro's super clean look even better![cool] I vote for no plate.

20190311_145135.jpg

dmb

the police used to write a lot of front plate tickets when every city had stop light camera's but now that most city's got caught with bogus tickets, they mostly let it slide. sans Irvine thou.

I’m thankful my car is registered in a state with no front plate (Indiana) however I have had a few state troopers in ND & MN flip a U turn on me & follow me for a short time.... probably doesn’t help that I drive an orange spice FiST in bro truck country.

Von

No problem in CA now. It used to be something that a lot of departments really enforced. The last 10 years or so they seem to have changed their priorities big time. And I think you're making way too many little fragmented sentences...your post is hard to read because of it.
Yeah, police don't enforce it as much as meter maids now. For my old job we would have to catch a boat from the seal beach pier, they hit people for tint, front plates and tags often. All they're supposed to do is check parking ticket stubs or city parking certificates on the dash. I guess they figure if they bust enough they might be able to put it on a resume too be a real cop

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk