Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Intercooler $329.95 Shipped

Trader history for Depo Racing (0)

FistSt215

Both the intercooler and the DP came in today for me, and I gotta say they look pretty damn good! I got an MBRP exhaust at the same time and these make that exhaust look like crap quality.

I won't be able to get it on for a couple weeks, but if its as plug and play as I am hearing then this is going to be well worth it!
Nice man!!! Mine is coming today at the end of the day . Same thing IC and dp. I was thinking mbrp because it sounds good with a catless Depo dp I heard a clip on YouTube . But with the Tsudo catback coming out in June for 380 shipped is hard to beat.

J2FoRS

Those do both look really good. Props [MENTION=4308]Depo Racing[/MENTION] for developing these on the cheap. If i hadn't just picked up an FMIC set up cheap I would definitely go this route. Ill be looking to you for my DP when i finally get there.

They look great quality, looks alot like the Cobb IC. Interested to hear peoples logs in reference to its efficiency as well as its ease of install and fitment.

Well done!

Installed mine Sunday afternoon. Fit and finish is good, fits with stock charge pipes. Looks really good with the bumper back on, huge upgrade next to stock! Thanks, Tim!

FistSt215

Installed mine Sunday afternoon. Fit and finish is good, fits with stock charge pipes. Looks really good with the bumper back on, huge upgrade next to stock! Thanks, Tim!

Good stuff man I'm just waiting for Depo charge pipes so I can knock both of them out while the bumper is off

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
I wanted to update on here about my experience with 2JR and Racing Depot.
First of all, I was looking for an IC to complete my build to stage 3, and I saw the 2JR IC had the best price and appeared to offer a lot. Big IC, built from R&D company known for racing background. These guys supposely know what they're doing. So I went and bought it and waited about a week for it. When it finally arrived, I was excited like a kid, expecting a box of gold upon opening it... only instead, to find a box of coal. This IC was terrible. Welding was poorly done, it was scuff galore! It was basically an unfinished product. But I figured, ok, so it wasn't polished. So what if it visually looks inferior to pretty much every other IC in the market. At least once it's installed behind the grill, no one will really see it anyway.

Then to my shock, it doesn't even fit... It won't fit, it doesn't fit, it can't fit. No, this isn't from my inability. As others have chimed in, it's impossible. I called 2JR and got the run around. No one was admitting fault, and whomever answered the call said he wasn't able to authorize a refund. Called them some more and got more run around. Finally I was able to get in contact with someone that was willing to authorize a refund, but it will cost me (20%) $80 USD restocking fee. Restocking fee for what?! For their own mistake for selling me a product that had defects? This isn't even like a packaged product with a broken seal. It's not like there's a product box that got ripped apart or something. These guys are probably just gonna turn around and resell it for full value since it's unused. On top, I had to fork out $48 USD to ship it back. Once again, more money out of my pocket due to 2JR's incompetence. What a joke! By the end of all this, I lost $230 in buying a 22"x8.25"x2.25" piece of junk that's not even good for paper weight (cause it's too big).

Here comes Racing Depo. I bought their DP because it was cheap. I wasn't expecting much this time, but boy, was I wrong! Their product look top notch. So I realized they were also developing an IC for the FiST. I waited for it to be released and orded it immediately. Their price/quality is totally worth it. Shipping was fast too! (3 days). All I can say is WOW! Not only because 2JR was cheap shi#! in comparison, but I was very impressed with the quality of Depo Racing's IC. The weld lines are more clean, the surface shines under minimal light. It was also packaged to handle a 10 scale Richter earthquake.

Nevermind the actual IC... Even the styrofoam is silver and shiny!! Seriously, this styrofoam looked better than 2JR's IC.

Came with hardware, and includes instructions... or a manual telling you where to find a YouTube instruction, lol

I am beyond impressed with this brand and their quality. It goes to show you cheap price doesn't always mean cheap quality.
*HIGHLY recommend this cooler*

Fully installed, piece of cake, like how it should have been. No BS fitment issues at all.

OP
Depo Racing

Depo Racing

Thread Starter #111
Looks great, thanks for the write up , simple is best, all my intercoolers are direct fit, Evo X Gen coupe, FocusST and fiesta ST

I wanted to update on here about my experience with 2JR and Racing Depot.
First of all, I was looking for an IC to complete my build to stage 3, and I saw the 2JR IC had the best price and appeared to offer a lot. Big IC, built from R&D company known for racing background. These guys supposely know what they're doing. So I went and bought it and waited about a week for it. When it finally arrived, I was excited like a kid, expecting a box of gold upon opening it... only instead, to find a box of coal. This IC was terrible. Welding was poorly done, it was scuff galore! It was basically an unfinished product. But I figured, ok, so it wasn't polished. So what if it visually looks inferior to pretty much every other IC in the market. At least once it's installed behind the grill, no one will really see it anyway.

Then to my shock, it doesn't even fit... It won't fit, it doesn't fit, it can't fit. No, this isn't from my inability. As others have chimed in, it's impossible. I called 2JR and got the run around. No one was admitting fault, and whomever answered the call said he wasn't able to authorize a refund. Called them some more and got more run around. Finally I was able to get in contact with someone that was willing to authorize a refund, but it will cost me (20%) $80 USD restocking fee. Restocking fee for what?! For their own mistake for selling me a product that had defects? This isn't even like a packaged product with a broken seal. It's not like there's a product box that got ripped apart or something. These guys are probably just gonna turn around and resell it for full value since it's unused. On top, I had to fork out $48 USD to ship it back. Once again, more money out of my pocket due to 2JR's incompetence. What a joke! By the end of all this, I lost $230 in buying a 22"x8.25"x2.25" piece of junk that's not even good for paper weight (cause it's too big).

Here comes Racing Depo. I bought their DP because it was cheap. I wasn't expecting much this time, but boy, was I wrong! Their product look top notch. So I realized they were also developing an IC for the FiST. I waited for it to be released and orded it immediately. Their price/quality is totally worth it. Shipping was fast too! (3 days). All I can say is WOW! Not only because 2JR was cheap shi#! in comparison, but I was very impressed with the quality of Depo Racing's IC. The weld lines are more clean, the surface shines under minimal light. It was also packaged to handle a 10 scale Richter earthquake.

Nevermind the actual IC... Even the styrofoam is silver and shiny!! Seriously, this styrofoam looked better than 2JR's IC.

Came with hardware, and includes instructions... or a manual telling you where to find a YouTube instruction, lol

I am beyond impressed with this brand and their quality. It goes to show you cheap price doesn't always mean cheap quality.
*HIGHLY recommend this cooler*

Fully installed, piece of cake, like how it should have been. No BS fitment issues at all.
Well damn, I'm convinced. That fitment looks great. When I get my tax refund I'm gonna pull the trigger.

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
awesome! thanks for the pics and write up. Mine is coming on Monday... how long did the install take?
If you are referring to the bumper itself, it took me 20 mins to get it off. It's pretty easy if you have all the tools, the IC itself is plug and play. I although left the middle Barack that holds the IC in, it's off by the slightest bit. I didn't see a need for it as the IC secures really really solidly. The pipes fit like a glove, nice and tight. The whole process should be any longer then an hour if you've taken the bumper off before, 2 hours for a novice.

Your going to love this cooler! Would buy it again in a heart beat, best cooler on the market for the price!!

perfect, haven't taken the bumper off, just hear its a pain. any special tools needed for the bumper removal?

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
Looks good sweet venom thanks for the write up. I will do mine when I can .
Yeah bud, I'm happy so far. Let's see how it performs now!

perfect, haven't taken the bumper off, just hear its a pain. any special tools needed for the bumper removal?

Just a lot of nuts and bolts but it's good to get to know your car, no special tools really. It's truly not that hard , just labour intensive I guess.

http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/threads/1851-How-To-Front-Fiesta-ST-Bumper-Removal

That link above should help:)

Well damn, I'm convinced. That fitment looks great. When I get my tax refund I'm gonna pull the trigger.
You won't be disappointed! It's unbeatable for the price

Looks like we have a winner! Thx for the feedback. Now about those logs ;)
I actually took it for a drive just now, the temps do start climbing at slow roll/idle and it takes a tiny bit for it to start shedding heat, the stock cooler was really good at shedding heat once the car started rolling. This is a much bigger unit, I also did not leak down test this cooler before install[paranoid]. Also my estimated Tq was at 230, usually it's around 250. I am using the strat tune that's for my stage one parts , now I'm stage 3 so to speak.

Also I really don't know what my comparison numbers should be, maybe someone can chime in? Don't want to mislead anyone

FistSt215

Im in the same boat man . Never took Off a bumper before and never install a IC. I'm gonna do it with a buddy just to have a extra hand . I figure a lot of people saying it's very easy and just wanted to save some money by doing it by myself .