Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New 2017 Fiesta ST Rust

I just purchased my 2nd FiST and went to change the oil today and noticed excessive corrosion and rust on the exhaust and primarily under the car. The purchased the car 3-days ago and it has just over 200 miles.

I posted images on my new member intro that can be found here:

http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/threads/14627-New-to-forum-2nd-FiST

I called my dealer and they requested that I bring it in this weekend. I was curious if anyone else has had this issue?

Thanks

OP
H
Thread Starter #3
That's what I was thinking. According to the dealer it was delivered and only went on a few test drives. Maybe one was in the ocean since you can drive on the beach here...

zanethan

Was it possibly transferred from a northern dealer?

Mine has some similar corrosion but originally came from an Ohio dealership. My best guess is that it went on some test drives on salted roads and was never rinsed off properly.

OP
H
Thread Starter #8
Was it possibly transferred from a northern dealer?

Mine has some similar corrosion but originally came from an Ohio dealership. My best guess is that it went on some test drives on salted roads and was never rinsed off properly.
I am going to get details on the origin when I go to the dealer this weekend, but will post what I find.

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
I looked under my car at 1k miles and two months old when it was on the lift for a break-in oil change. It looked pretty pristine, nothing like what you've got. Here's a picture from that oil change- FiST UNDERSIDE.jpeg

Last edited: