Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

We need a big IC option! Listen up Companies!

Sekred

1000 Post Club
They just released the core size and price on their website. 18% smaller core and $1 more than the CP-E.

Im going to push this FMIC to the max. Already running 30lb min through my CP-E FMIC and the final charge temp is within 20 of ambient. That 100% works for me.
Hi Mitch,

Have you guys ever measured pressure drop?. I would be interested in what pressure drop your getting at 30lb min.

Hi Mitch,

Have you guys ever measured pressure drop?. I would be interested in what pressure drop your getting at 30lb min.
we did back in the day on our 335i intercooler. Less pressure drop than stock (similar stock design on those cars).

https://www.enginebasics.com/Advanced Engine Tuning/Intercooler Efficency Test .html

After tuning a bunch of these, I have noticed that our intercoolers will cause an overboost condition when running the same tune before and after the intercooler. The Fiesta ST ecu chooses WGDC based on calculated Compressor outlet pressure (aka pre intercooler pressure) based on a table on the stock intercooler. Basically, when only the intercooler is changed, MORE pressure gets to the throttle with the same amount of turbo WGDC, meaning less pressure drop with this FMIC. Hey it better, the flow area and the end tanks should flow ALOT better, less pressure drop.

Maybe one day ill break out the DAQ1000 and put sensors in both charge pipes, but too much going on right now.

Sekred

1000 Post Club
we did back in the day on our 335i intercooler. Less pressure drop than stock (similar stock design on those cars).

https://www.enginebasics.com/Advanced Engine Tuning/Intercooler Efficency Test .html

After tuning a bunch of these, I have noticed that our intercoolers will cause an overboost condition when running the same tune before and after the intercooler. The Fiesta ST ecu chooses WGDC based on calculated Compressor outlet pressure (aka pre intercooler pressure) based on a table on the stock intercooler. Basically, when only the intercooler is changed, MORE pressure gets to the throttle with the same amount of turbo WGDC, meaning less pressure drop with this FMIC. Hey it better, the flow area and the end tanks should flow ALOT better, less pressure drop.

Maybe one day ill break out the DAQ1000 and put sensors in both charge pipes, but too much going on right now.
I have seen that BMW IC test you guys have done before, nice work. Good point about end tank design. There is an Aussie company that have done a lot of IC testing, see link.

http://www.are.com.au/techtalk/intecoolersMR.htm

For the bar and intercooler

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
Building the bar would not be that hard for me if there is actually a decent market. I'll have to look around at pictures and write ups to see what they did. Do you guys know what the bar alone cost?

Has anyone tried the puma speed IC? Talking about the kit that comes with a new crash bar. Don't have the link off hand.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Has anyone tried the puma speed IC? Talking about the kit that comes with a new crash bar. Don't have the link off hand.
I'd Iove to see the link for a N.A. model FiST....I've looked at their euro version and pondered it but don't feel like modifying a crash bar

Fha

I'd Iove to see the link for a N.A. model FiST....I've looked at their euro version and pondered it but don't feel like modifying a crash bar

Sweet mother of god... I saw that intercooler.... I want it but In the same boat; Plus I am working towards Hybrid turbo so that large intercooler feels too much. For now whoosh-Motorsports intercooler I am using has been great. Paired it with Depo's charge pipes and I am quite happy.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Sweet mother of god... I saw that intercooler.... I want it but In the same boat; Plus I am working towards Hybrid turbo so that large intercooler feels too much. For now whoosh-Motorsports intercooler I am using has been great. Paired it with Depo's charge pipes and I am quite happy.
I've been mulling over the Whoosh intercooler for sometime...what are your thoughts on it so far? I have a Turbo just chilling in a box and think it would be a good pair as I'm not looking for high Hp....just a good mid range power in the 260 -270whp range.

I've been mulling over the Whoosh intercooler for sometime...what are your thoughts on it so far? I have a Turbo just chilling in a box and think it would be a good pair as I'm not looking for high Hp....just a good mid range power in the 260 -270whp range.

I love my mishimoto, works great. They put a lot of time in research on the most efficient design. You can read all about it online.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fha

It should hold its own at that power level. I see why not. I am loving mine. As well core volume is there for it as well. But all in all product was well made and no issues thus far with it.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
It should hold its own at that power level. I see why not. I am loving mine. As well core volume is there for it as well. But all in all product was well made and no issues thus far with it.
Good...

So far the only company I see on here able to offset the added weight a performance intercooler brings to this platform. And unless you take the plunge and relocate your battery all the way car rearward, this is the solid most cost effective lb for dollar offset you can take off the front end. just make sure you don't crash

That company needs to get involved here

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^THIS

Also, IF you do not actually need the humongous IC (deciding to retain the factory snail), one could save some weight by using just their DHM copy crash bar with either the factory IC, or one of the factory fit ICs on the market. ;)

I am still unsure as to just how my personal insurance company, in MY state, would cover, or have a case to NOT have to cover, a front end collision which involved this bar vs. the factory crash bar (and you KNOW they will ALL try to get out of paying out ANY claims they can, legitimate or not).

DaveG99

I dont think weight of an intercooler is going to make any significant change in performance.