Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

ST200 airbox vs stock box

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
yes definitely. I got mine from Ron at Whoosh and I'm very pleased. The big thing for st200 box imo is that it looks completely stock to all but the most informed person.very sleeperish and very likely to go unnoticed if you're concerned about warranty.
^^^THIS, and it also allows one to keep the WHOLE, top included, factory box unmolested (as opposed to those who butcher their factory air boxes into an ST200 'replica'), just in case they ever have to go back to real/pure 'factory stock'. [wink] [cool]

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Someone with a 3d printer should print out a fog light bracket/assembly with another hole in it for the hose to mount to ...along with keeping the fog light functional. Just food for thought

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
I'm just reiterating this....

Bluedrank

Someone with a 3d printer should print out a fog light bracket/assembly with another hole in it for the hose to mount to ...along with keeping the fog light functional. Just food for thought

I'm just reiterating this....

I'm seriously considering a DIY project that adds another hole to the foglight for this very purpose.

Forum member [MENTION=62]Sekred[/MENTION] did this back in the day. He might be able to shed some more light behind the whole project. This is how his eventually turned out.

More info on his project at http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/threads/399-Sektune-Cold-Air-Intake/page2

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I'm seriously considering a DIY project that adds another hole to the foglight for this very purpose.

Forum member [MENTION=62]Sekred[/MENTION] did this back in the day. He might be able to shed some more light behind the whole project. This is how his eventually turned out.

More info on his project at http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/threads/399-Sektune-Cold-Air-Intake/page2
This is the ticket....I'm telling you all....it's a shining perfect example of True CAI....NONE OF THAT warm air sucking crap from the engine bay garbage. I'd chip out some dough if someone did a limited production run or produced them. That and I bet it would help Ron@whoosh sell some of those boxes and possibly even make a kit with all the pieces....

Bluedrank

This is the ticket....I'm telling you all....it's a shining perfect example of True CAI....NONE OF THAT warm air sucking crap from the engine bay garbage. I'd chip out some dough if someone did a limited production run or produced them. That and I bet it would help Ron@whoosh sell some of those boxes and possibly even make a kit with all the pieces....

Yeah if somebody was producing a foglight housing with a second vent, for sure I'd put down the money for it. Honestly it's probably just a bit of man hours involved and a bit of initial trial and error to get the design right. It's really just a velocity stack married to a stock fog light housing.

I actually just purchased my own velocity stack in preparation for this project from aliexpress https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Fre...inium-alloy-universal-our-34/32826619884.html

Unfortunately it's just slightly too big and does not fit the lower hose. I took a chance at it, but the inner diameter is 63mm and the hose definitely needs closer to a 63mm outer diameter. I'm going to try grinding down the metal a bit and seeing how much I need to take it down to fit the pipe correctly.

Bluedrank

I actually suggested this idea to Velossa Tech to see if they could 3d print a solution, but they were less than interested in the idea.

Any word on whether or not this is considered a stock item or would it disqualify you from stock classing?

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
The hose that will come off the box is what I.D.? I'm thinking a Naca duct will work. I've got a crazy idea that just might work...I did it on my Typhoon...man did it turn out Great!

Sekred

1000 Post Club

I had forgotten how long ago I did this until I saw the date. It took quite a few man hours and a bit of trial and error as Bluedrank suggested. To mark the hole in the right place I first removed the fog light cover and drilled through the bumper bar and then reinstalled the cover to mark it from the back. 2" ID hose is the biggest your going to be able to fit in this location.
I also heated the windscreen washer bottle about a 1/3rd of the way up from the bottom and bent it at about 45 degrees to gain clearance for the hose and modified the lower support for the bottle.
It turned out to be more work than I thought before I started but I love CAIs and just had to finish it no matter what.

I had forgotten how long ago I did this until I saw the date. It took quite a few man hours and a bit of trial and error as Bluedrank suggested. To mark the hole in the right place I first removed the fog light cover and drilled through the bumper bar and then reinstalled the cover to mark it from the back. 2" ID hose is the biggest your going to be able to fit in this location.
I also heated the windscreen washer bottle about a 1/3rd of the way up from the bottom and bent it at about 45 degrees to gain clearance for the hose and modified the lower support for the bottle.
It turned out to be more work than I thought before I started but I love CAIs and just had to finish it no matter what.

Would you happen to have any more pictures of the underside? Or perhaps a quick write up on how to do something like this ;)