Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Dropping in a few days....RAMAIR panel filters at whoosh motorsports!

Trader history for ron@whoosh (1)

Bluedrank

Hey Ron,

What are the cleaning instructions for these things? Just want to save it for later when needed. Do they need to be oiled?

Quisp

1000 Post Club
Hey Ron,

What are the cleaning instructions for these things? Just want to save it for later when needed. Do they need to be oiled?
The filters are in fact DRY
Per RAMAIR's instructions
They are to be used dry for normal road conditions
If you are using the filter in extreme conditions, you may lightly oil the foam with any good filter oil to aid in filtration

I just received and installed my RamAir filter yesterday and I'm very impressed so far. When i first opened the package, I noticed the "RamAir" logo (which was painted white) was very sticky, like it wasn't all the way dry or something. I just figured "well maybe it will just catch that much more dirt and such."
For those of you wondering about noise, I was very pleased about the amount of turbo "whistling" I gained (mostly with the windows down) and the diverter valve was muuuch more present. Judging by the sheer size of the stock air filter, it made sense that it was used as further sound suppressing. If you are on the fence about buying this filter, do it. If you want to keep your stock airbox-type set up, buy it. Even if you plan on upgrading your stock set up, I have to believe this is the way to go. I've always used an oil-type filter in the past but i'm now a believer of the foam style. When I replace the pipe and the bottom half of the air box, I'm hoping to get a little more induction noise (I want it to sound like a turbo car without being obnoxious) and I'm very happy so far with my set up.
I also wanna give a big thanks & shout out to Ron @ Whoosh Motorsports. Very nice guy and hope to do more business with him and hope other FiSt owners do too!
[wrenchin][driving][raceflag]

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #86
The filters are in fact DRY
Per RAMAIR's instructions
They are to be used dry for normal road conditions
If you are using the filter in extreme conditions, you may lightly oil the foam with any good filter oil to aid in filtration
No compressed air.
I just received and installed my RamAir filter yesterday and I'm very impressed so far. When i first opened the package, I noticed the "RamAir" logo (which was painted white) was very sticky, like it wasn't all the way dry or something. I just figured "well maybe it will just catch that much more dirt and such."
For those of you wondering about noise, I was very pleased about the amount of turbo "whistling" I gained (mostly with the windows down) and the diverter valve was muuuch more present. Judging by the sheer size of the stock air filter, it made sense that it was used as further sound suppressing. If you are on the fence about buying this filter, do it. If you want to keep your stock airbox-type set up, buy it. Even if you plan on upgrading your stock set up, I have to believe this is the way to go. I've always used an oil-type filter in the past but i'm now a believer of the foam style. When I replace the pipe and the bottom half of the air box, I'm hoping to get a little more induction noise (I want it to sound like a turbo car without being obnoxious) and I'm very happy so far with my set up.
I also wanna give a big thanks & shout out to Ron @ Whoosh Motorsports. Very nice guy and hope to do more business with him and hope other FiSt owners do too!
[wrenchin][driving][raceflag]
I get that question a lot. There is a factory coating on the filter that is a bit tacky which is supposed to be there.

Thanks for the kind words!

No problem Ron, Its a fantastic filter... and if you ever get the question about sound, just let them know it has a little more induction noise and you can hear that diverter valve alot more. Its really nice, especially with the windows down.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
No problem Ron, Its a fantastic filter... and if you ever get the question about sound, just let them know it has a little more induction noise and you can hear that diverter valve alot more. Its really nice, especially with the windows down.
I must really have like 1/4 (or less) the hearing left as compared to others on here, for I cannot for the life of me hear ANY more noise with this filter whatsoever, under any circumstances, but that is NOT why I bought this filter, so NO problem for me. [thumb] [:)]
(I want/like the uninformed to think that this car IS NA, and is as quick as it is without boost! [wink])

I must really have like 1/4 (or less) the hearing left as compared to others on here, for I cannot for the life of me hear ANY more noise with this filter whatsoever, under any circumstances, but that is NOT why I bought this filter, so NO problem for me. [thumb] [:)]
(I want/like the uninformed to think that this car IS NA, and is as quick as it is without boost! [wink])
I really did my best to make sure to test the car before and after the install. Mind you, I only have 600 miles on the car, which shouldn't make much difference but i did notice an immediate change in sound. The diverter valve was the biggest difference for me. I honestly didn't believe it would make that much difference (I want people to understand that this wasn't like installing a BOV or something) but with the windows down, now it actually sounds like it has a snail bolted on this thing.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I really did my best to make sure to test the car before and after the install. Mind you, I only have 600 miles on the car, which shouldn't make much difference but i did notice an immediate change in sound. The diverter valve was the biggest difference for me. I honestly didn't believe it would make that much difference (I want people to understand that this wasn't like installing a BOV or something) but with the windows down, now it actually sounds like it has a snail bolted on this thing.
Again, your hearing must be at least 10x better than mine (and YES, mine is at ~30% of the general populace's, probably at best), since I also have the GFB DV installed with the Ramair filter, and can hear nothing in terms of; boost whistle/whine, DV noises, or any snaily sounds at all. ;)

I wanted to order one to be my first mod on my 2 week old FiST, do you have the 5% off and both decals still Ron?

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #93
I wanted to order one to be my first mod on my 2 week old FiST, do you have the 5% off and both decals still Ron?
yes sir!

FIST5 is the code
comes with the RAMAIR decals and whoosh decal

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #94
yes sir!

FIST5 is the code
comes with the RAMAIR decals and whoosh decal

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
Ron, how would these Ram foam filters do in the MP215 airbox as an alternative to the oiled K&N or Green ones it comes with, which I don't like, or the OEM paper one I'd be more likely to use with the MP215. My goal would be a similar increase in flow to the oiled ones, with filtration closer to OEM. How do these filter compared to the OEM paper ones?

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #99
Ron, how would these Ram foam filters do in the MP215 airbox as an alternative to the oiled K&N or Green ones it comes with, or the OEM paper one I'd be more likely to use with the MP215 than the oiled ones, which I don't like.
I think you would like the foam filter a lot
I've been using the foam panel in the ST200 box (same exact thing as your MP215) and now foam ITG in the fender well included with the Maxogen kit.
I agree the oiled paper is not my thing either.
I'd give it a try. Most likely the last filter you'll need to buy for your Fiesta unless you change your intake set up.

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
I think you would like the foam filter a lot
I've been using the foam panel in the ST200 box (same exact thing as your MP215) and now foam ITG in the fender well included with the Maxogen kit.
I agree the oiled paper is not my thing either.
I'd give it a try. Most likely the last filter you'll need to buy for your Fiesta unless you change your intake set up.
Thanks- if the level of filtration of the OEM paper one was 10 on a scale of 1-10, maximum filtration, what would you say this foam one was?