Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Is the X-47 for me

Zissou

This is funny. Jeff talked me out of it and most everybody else is talking me back into it. LOL. I turn 50 next year so maybe I make the FiST into more of an economical mid-life crisis car. New X-47 + tune for $2200 vs. $6500 for a Magnacharger or LSA + cam for the G8.
You could have the G8 as a comfy cruiser / road tripper and the Fiesta as the bonkers fun car.

jeff

2000 Post Club
This is funny. Jeff talked me out of it and most everybody else is talking me back into it. LOL. I turn 50 next year so maybe I make the FiST into more of an economical mid-life crisis car. New X-47 + tune for $2200 vs. $6500 for a Magnacharger or LSA + cam for the G8.
Yes this is pretty funny. I've had cars comparable or faster than the Fiesta on the X47...I think you and I can relate in some ways from what I'm reading that you're saying. Honestly I don't think you'll be real impressed with the X47 on pump gas. Like someone said earlier you'll be at around 270whp. It's nice but it will feel similar in power delivery to your G8. You'll have two cars that have about the same oomph. They'll feel different since the Fiesta is so small but again about the same acceleration up to legal speeds. Really unless you add ethanol or meth injection or race gas concentrate like I did, you're not gonna get near that 300whp mark which IMO is where the car feels really amazing. So keep that in mind.

Great information. I really like the idea of the X47, but that 300whp is my goal, and without easy access to e30 it kind of just puts me off about it. Though Im sure 270whp would be a blast too.
Read above about my thoughts on the X47 on pump gas. It's nice but it feels about like a really strong V6, which in a tiny lightweight car like the Fiesta can keep up with a V8. Like you I don't have access to ethanol and didn't want to go the WMI route but I did discover race gas concentrate, my car dyno'd 298/322 a few weeks ago on that stuff and it's reasonably priced. I did a review on it here if you're interested, it's a good alternative to ethanol.

It was mentioned briefly, but I just installed an X37 about 2 weeks ago and had it live tuned by PD-Tuning... all I can say is I'm in love with the characteristics of the car now. I haven't dyno'd it yet, but I will probably do that at some point. I have it tuned on 93 for daily life and e30 when I want to go have a little extra fun. I tossed up the idea back and forth between the X37/X47 and having ridden in both, I loved them both, but a deal popped up on the X37 that I couldn't pass up. I'm currently running the X37 w/turbosmart wastegate, RamAir Filter and induction hose (ST200 box soon also), Cobb Catted DP, CPE Intercooler and Charge Pipes, and a GFB DV+. The best part is that the car is completely quiet when cruising for everyday life and while there is some induction noise when I get on it, it doesn't attract crazy attention and it looks almost completely stock under the hood.

I had thought I was perfectly happy with stock turbo and all the bolt-ons with a stratified tune, but to me, this current setup is the absolute perfect setup for my needs and everyday life. Only additions now will be some stickier tires in the spring and maybe some bracing to help a tad more with traction. Either way I don't think you can go wrong with either and either of the hybrids are a great choice in my opinion.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
How many miles are on the used $6.5K LSA?

The G8 has a 4L60E?

OP
G
Thread Starter #25
How many miles are on the used $6.5K LSA?

The G8 has a 4L60E?
Mileage aside, you can usually pick up a USED LSA for around $2500. It requires removal of DOD which requires removal of the heads, changing of the lifters, etc. If you go that far, you might as well change the cam and some front end accessories. I’d be willing to install the maggie myself but I’d pay someone to open the motor up for the LSA install which is why I quoted $6500 for both options. The transmission is a 6L80E.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Mileage aside, you can usually pick up a USED LSA for around $2500. It requires removal of DOD which requires removal of the heads, changing of the lifters, etc. If you go that far, you might as well change the cam and some front end accessories. I’d be willing to install the maggie myself but I’d pay someone to open the motor up for the LSA install which is why I quoted $6500 for both options. The transmission is a 6L80E.
OK, I was not sure if GM changed the slushboxes during the Aussie Poncho's model run or not.

That is a great price for a complete LSA, despite mileage and mods necessary to install in a G8, since when I was looking to replace the LS1 in my Z/28 with an LS6, most were asking close to, or ABOVE $4K for even an old, tired, high mileage example. [:(]

OP
G
Thread Starter #27
I’m sorry. I should have said the compressor from a LSA. Most are pulloffs from CTS-Vs.

OP
G
Thread Starter #29
I just dug up a dyno chart from a few years ago for my G8 GT with tuning, CAI, and catback exhaust. When compared to Jeff's X47 dyno, it make the X47 look all the more impressive when the FiST only weight 2700 lbs:

https://imgur.com/SYsnrzV

hi guys, very interesting thread and I would like to advise me what would be my best option, I'm also reaching the age of 50 but I like the power as most of here, the truth is I only have 3 months with my car (ffst- 17) and I love it and I was wondering is it possible to get to the real 300whp? with the x-47, I'm a rookie on the subject of turbocharged vehicles and I've seen in other forums some comments of the MRX turbo (mountune) which is very good too, I would not know what difference there is in one or the other? the best gasoline in my country reaches 91 octane maximum ..... some of you who have some pascience and can advise me would appreciate it a lot ... I only have update in my car the ap and tune stratified, air filter KYN and depo intercooler

jhon

Fha

hi guys, very interesting thread and I would like to advise me what would be my best option, I'm also reaching the age of 50 but I like the power as most of here, the truth is I only have 3 months with my car (ffst- 17) and I love it and I was wondering is it possible to get to the real 300whp? with the x-47, I'm a rookie on the subject of turbocharged vehicles and I've seen in other forums some comments of the MRX turbo (mountune) which is very good too, I would not know what difference there is in one or the other? the best gasoline in my country reaches 91 octane maximum ..... some of you who have some pascience and can advise me would appreciate it a lot ... I only have update in my car the ap and tune stratified, air filter KYN and depo intercooler

jhon
Quick searches and reading thru posts answers this on a x-47r or x-47 can see high to mid 200's on 91 octane on a good tune. Unless your mixing E-30 sadly feels like it is needed for a safe good 300whp tune. Either way lots of factors like if you're at elevation as well.

thank you for your answer, as I stated previously I am new in this world and I do not understand or do not know the meaning of many words so your last words do not know what they mean (Either way lots of factors like if you're at elevation as well.) ? that is why I wrote about the pascience in the explanations for me, most of them are experts in these topics and it is possible that I ask very obvious things that for me are new and important, also my English is bad I am sorry the translator google sometimes says something that is not ......... again thanks for your reply

LILIKE16ST

That's quick no doubt, but yeah it definitively doesn't make it a monster. Again, our main competition runs quicker than those times with just a tune and a $300 downpipe on pump gas.

+1 for not changing the character of the car. I honestly think it improves it all around.
Gti has a larger engine and larger turbo and costs significantly more than the fiesta. It's a great car don't get me wrong but there is a reason it has those gains with those mods. Imagine our car having the 2.0 ecoboost with a larger turbo than the FoST has and detuned to make 230 HP or so...then a downpipe and tune would add 80 whp or better. Vw great cars but they don't have secret sauce they have a larger engine with larger turbo and a very conservative stock tune. Just wanted to point that out. This car is a tiny 1.6 and even with the x47 still has a tiny turbo so 12s at over 110+ is pretty impressive in my eyes. You can add the price of intake dp x47 and tuning and still come out cheaper than a gti. Those are a diff kind of car...larger and refined the FiST is small sporty and raw. Just my .02

This is a great post. Really considering the X47 as my last engine mod, I have full bolt-ons now. I love how it runs but once you start, it's hard to stop. I'm in Ca, so I'm eventually going to have to get it "smogged". The stealth aspect of the X47 makes it appealing. Another problem is I'm stuck with 91 octane. I have an e85 station about 5 minutes away, but I'm not into the hassle of carrying a jug and mixing. I saw on a Stratified Facebook thread, Alex said that it wouldn't hurt anything to throw a gallon or two of e85 into a full tank, with a pump gas tune. I'm thinking this would be a great weekend idea to pick up a few HP cheaply, and not have to mix. Have no idea how much it would help, or how much it would raise the octane.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
This is a great post. Really considering the X47 as my last engine mod, I have full bolt-ons now. I love how it runs but once you start, it's hard to stop. I'm in Ca, so I'm eventually going to have to get it "smogged". The stealth aspect of the X47 makes it appealing. Another problem is I'm stuck with 91 octane. I have an e85 station about 5 minutes away, but I'm not into the hassle of carrying a jug and mixing. I saw on a Stratified Facebook thread, Alex said that it wouldn't hurt anything to throw a gallon or two of e85 into a full tank, with a pump gas tune. I'm thinking this would be a great weekend idea to pick up a few HP cheaply, and not have to mix. Have no idea how much it would help, or how much it would raise the octane.
This a good sheet from Stratified for e30 mixing..

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

So if I am reading the chart above correctly and the Fiesta tank is 12.4 Gal I would need approx 3-3.5 gallons of E85 from dead empty and approx 9 gal of 93 octane to get to an E30 mix correct?

I am use to mixing pre-mix all the time so hopefully I can read a chart correctly haha.

I had never really checked before, but I hav (4) stations within 25 miles of me that sell E85 on pump. I may just have to get an E30 tune to see what it is like.

Thanks

Thanks

So if I am reading the chart above correctly and the Fiesta tank is 12.4 Gal I would need approx 3-3.5 gallons of E85 from dead empty and approx 9 gal of 93 octane to get to an E30 mix correct?

I am use to mixing pre-mix all the time so hopefully I can read a chart correctly haha.

I had never really checked before, but I hav (4) stations within 25 miles of me that sell E85 on pump. I may just have to get an E30 tune to see what it is like.

Thanks

Thanks
Doesn't matter if you are dead empty. Just fill the tank with 3-3.5 gallons of E85 and top off the rest with 93. It will turn out to be 9 gallons.