Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Update Sync3 to v2.2 for navigation and non-navigation units - AndroidAuto and AppleCarPlay (download links inside)

Shes still begging for wifi after updating and factory reset.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I installed the Sync 3 3.0 update this week successfully. The only weird this was it kept switching to night mode, and was asking to check for updates. A master reset fixed all that.
Was your auto-update on prior to you updating?

just click yes and hook it up to wifi, see if that popup keeps coming back, that wasnt the one you were angry about was it?

just click yes and hook it up to wifi, see if that popup keeps coming back, that wasnt the one you were angry about was it?
Yep, it keeps coming back after i click yes even when its connected to wifi.

Reading the forums looks like all the non-nav people are having the wifi still pop up. Guess it fixes nothing. Got my hopes up for nothing.

I appreciate it. I might try doing a factory reset, pulling battery, and trying to get the wifi to connect when it wants it.

hey posts, you're not alone, stay tuned, plus some are losing GN version

[MENTION=8866]borborpa[/MENTION] - I assume this has not yet been released on official channel (owner.ford.com) for Fiesta ST? I'm still seeing the 2.2 update... or is this done incrementally and I have to install and confirm 2.2 before 3.x will show ?
Shouldn't have to. The 2.3 update I just installed said all previous updates were included.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I wish I was so lucky, after trying to install the latest version from 1.0 I gave up and took my car in last week. They spent 2 hours trying to update it and gave up and had me bring it back today for troubleshooting. They tried all day supposedly and even had Ford remote into there PC with no luck but stated everything looked fine. They did not change any parts because there scan said nothing was wrong and now I have to wait for Ford resolution on what to do next. So after 10 hours they don’t have a clue and said bye good luck with that. I’m going to call Ford in the morning.

its so simple to do at home why did u take it to dealer?
Because it would not update over WiFi or a USB so I called Ford who went through the whole USB thing making sure it was all downloaded correctly and files in the right order. They told me over the phone it sounded like a faulty head unit

Any special steps to install? Did you notice any improvements?

Thanks
DEss
Put onto a usb drive like any other update and plug into the car and let it run its course. I had no experience with Sync 3 on this car prior to this. I swapped out a MyFordTouch system for Sync 3 in my 2015.

Just finished the 3.0 update on my 16 with nav. Android auto is much more responsive. Will mess with it more tomorrow.

Put onto a usb drive like any other update and plug into the car and let it run its course. I had no experience with Sync 3 on this car prior to this. I swapped out a MyFordTouch system for Sync 3 in my 2015.
What all did you need to go to sync 3? I would love to swap out the sync in my wife's escape.