Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Update Sync3 to v2.2 for navigation and non-navigation units - AndroidAuto and AppleCarPlay (download links inside)

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
Well I tried installing the 3.0 and everything looked fine to the end, but my Settings still shows version 2.2. I wemt through all the steps. It auto installed, then it said to restart the engine at my earliest convenience. I did that and it saidy software was updated successfully, but the info still shows 2.2.

Hmmm

Fearthesnail, i downloaded the file you shared and extracted it to a 64gb jump drive which was formatted as exFat. Any ideas?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Edit: after restarting for the 4th time, it now says Updating System Software again. Now i remember it said it installed part 1 of 2. Hopefully this is part 2.

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
The updating, whether done "automatically" through wifi or manually with a usb drive, seems to be a weak point of Sync 3. Many problems are reported, and it often doesn't work. I'm still on V 1.0. It started to auto-update last May, showed a progress bar that went up to about 40% complete, and never went any farther. If I wanted Android Auto I'd be very frustrated at this point, but I don't because I don't plug my phone in, I just let it Bluetooth. Ford told me it would work better if I had a stronger wifi signal in my garage (I usually have 2 bars there), but that to me is itself a weakness in the system- most people are not going to have a super-strong wifi signal outside their house where they park. I'm parked in an attached garage about 35' from my router. I once tried pulling into the yard right outside the wall from the router-no difference.
So I've decided not to worry about it, I'm not patient or persistent enough to keep pursuing this particular issue.

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
After another restart my Sync is updated to 3.0. too bad it doesn't have a patch to make my car bulletproof lol

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I had to uninstall and reinstall Waze and Audible on my phone to get them to show up on Android Auto. AA is so much smoother now, big improvement over v2.3. The audio level when using AA running play music and audible is now level with FM,and CD. No more blasting loud play music when changing over from sirius or FM. I have been lucky i guess. I just did the side load of v2.2 with no problems, v2.3 updated on its own, and then side loaded v3.0 without and issues.

My brother just picked up a F150 and Ford cannot get his trick to take the v2.3 up date on his v1.0 Sync 3. They are working with corporate to see if they can get a fix.

I had to uninstall and reinstall Waze and Audible on my phone to get them to show up on Android Auto. AA is so much smoother now, big improvement over v2.3. The audio level when using AA running play music and audible is now level with FM,and CD. No more blasting loud play music when changing over from sirius or FM. I have been lucky i guess. I just did the side load of v2.2 with no problems, v2.3 updated on its own, and then side loaded v3.0 without and issues.

My brother just picked up a F150 and Ford cannot get his trick to take the v2.3 up date on his v1.0 Sync 3. They are working with corporate to see if they can get a fix.
I have the same problem two trips the dealership and nothing. I’m waiting on Ford to call me back

So I downloaded the most recent update from the Ford Owner website and followed all the instructions to a tee. After the update is "done" it says I can remove USB, but it says its still 1.0. I tried again but upon inserting the USB it comes up with Bad Installation File. I've since reformatted my USB, re-downloaded the file, and the same problem still occurs. I don't think I need a new USB hub since I would be using Android Auto. I've also lost the ability to use Voice Recognition saying it isn't setup, although it was working fine before. Any ideas? I would really like to get this taken care of cause I want AA :(

So I downloaded the most recent update from the Ford Owner website and followed all the instructions to a tee. After the update is "done" it says I can remove USB, but it says its still 1.0. I tried again but upon inserting the USB it comes up with Bad Installation File. I've since reformatted my USB, re-downloaded the file, and the same problem still occurs. I don't think I need a new USB hub since I would be using Android Auto. I've also lost the ability to use Voice Recognition saying it isn't setup, although it was working fine before. Any ideas? I would really like to get this taken care of cause I want AA :(
I hope you have better luck than some of us who are stuck on V1.0 and Ford apparently unable to fix and won’t try new parts for what ever reason.

DEss

Try a master reset.

I hope you have better luck than some of us who are stuck on V1.0 and Ford apparently unable to fix and won’t try new parts for what ever reason.
Ok my brothers non nav F150 that was running v1.0 is now updated and running v2.3. The fix for his seemed to be turning off the wifi before updating. That's the only change that was made. Before it would go through the process but would never complete the install.

Ok my brothers non nav F150 that was running v1.0 is now updated and running v2.3. The fix for his seemed to be turning off the wifi before updating. That's the only change that was made. Before it would go through the process but would never complete the install.
Thanks I’ll try that over the weekend

I seem to be having trouble downloading the 2.3 update from the Ford owner site. I get to step 1 and click 'request download.' I then get an email notification and I click the link 'sync software update' and it pretty much directs me back to the page where I requested the download in the first place. The 'start download' button remains grayed out. Anybody have any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks,
DEss

To anyone having trouble manually downloading v2.3 from Ford. I contacted sync cs today and they informed me that they were aware of the issue and do not have an etr for when d/l will be available again, but to try again in 24 hrs. They gave me an almost instant cut-and-paste reply so I'm guessing that a lot of sync users are experiencing the same problem.

DEss

To anyone having trouble manually downloading v2.3 from Ford. I contacted sync cs today and they informed me that they were aware of the issue and do not have an etr for when d/l will be available again, but to try again in 24 hrs. They gave me an almost instant cut-and-paste reply so I'm guessing that a lot of sync users are experiencing the same problem.

DEss
not that difficult, use a another vin on ford.owner and it'll pop up

So for those of you that are fed up with trying to do the 2.3 non-nav update, there is a stable "unofficial" 3.0 update floating around on the mustang forums. I downloaded and installed it last night without any real issues. Just make sure after you install you turn off wifi and auto system updates or it will prompt you to connect to wifi every time you start your car.

You can download it for yourself here.

I took mine into the dealership today and per Fords recommendation they replaced the module but the new one was DOA out of the box so they ordered a new one which will be here tomorrow so hopefully I’ll finally have a updated system from V 1.0